Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First time, ovulation help needed!

Hi all! This is my first time on Made for Mums, so thanks for reading my post. I've only been tracking BBT, CM and using OPKs for three months, with my first month not quite correct as I had only just come off hormonal birth control, and so I guessed my last period date which gave me a 52 day cycle.

In both of my last two cycles, I had clear ovulation symptoms such as egg white cervical mucus, a huge increase in sex drive and really sore boobs.

I had egg white on Sunday, but nothing else. I then took an OPK with my first morning urine today and had the photo included in this post.

I'm baffled now, my temps are fine, so I haven't ovulated yet, and I've had no other symptoms, but that OPK looks positive to me!

I would love to hear some more experienced opinions, as I know it's only been three months, but this is already getting me down and I want this to be a positive experience!

Thanks.

Replies

• Hi dear! So if I understand what your saying, it's normal not to have any O symptoms when you get your LH surge. You will O 24-72 hours later, depending on your body. So your temp will drop when the egg is released which means 24-72 hours after positive LH surge. 
  • I would keep testing as the line is very dark but I reckon it could get darker. But definitely get bding as it looks like O is very close! Good luck x
  • iva0808 said:
    Hi dear! So if I understand what your saying, it's normal not to have any O symptoms when you get your LH surge. You will O 24-72 hours later, depending on your body. So your temp will drop when the egg is released which means 24-72 hours after positive LH surge. 
    Thanks so much for responding! 

I usually get very strong ovulation symptoms during the four or five days leading up to my ovulation, but I haven't had anything at all this month! I'm still waiting for my temps to change as they're pretty steady at the moment, so I think that I could be looking at either a late ovulation, or an anovulatory cycle :(
  • Lh8609 said:
    I would keep testing as the line is very dark but I reckon it could get darker. But definitely get bding as it looks like O is very close! Good luck x
    Thanks for your reply! I testing this morning and I got a lighter line, so I might have already peaked but I'll trleet again this afternoon and see what it says x
  • If it's comforting, I took me 3-4 cycles to understand my body and what's happening and I have never been on the pill. You will have a better understanding of this cycle when you get you AF (I hope it will be a BFP cycle, but if not, you will learn so much). Because of my charting skills, first cycle I thought I O-ed on CD7 (I know now it's between CD15-CD18), second cycle I thought my LP is 10 days long (I know now it's 12 days long), then symptoms - don't start me on that xD. Sometimes boobs hurt, sometimes I have hot flashes, sometimes nausea, sometimes nothing - I think you need just a bit more time to get to know your cycles and I really hope you'll not learn a lot and get your BFP soon  <3
  • iva0808 said:
    If it's comforting, I took me 3-4 cycles to understand my body and what's happening and I have never been on the pill. You will have a better understanding of this cycle when you get you AF (I hope it will be a BFP cycle, but if not, you will learn so much). Because of my charting skills, first cycle I thought I O-ed on CD7 (I know now it's between CD15-CD18), second cycle I thought my LP is 10 days long (I know now it's 12 days long), then symptoms - don't start me on that xD. Sometimes boobs hurt, sometimes I have hot flashes, sometimes nausea, sometimes nothing - I think you need just a bit more time to get to know your cycles and I really hope you'll not learn a lot and get your BFP soon  <3

I can't tell you how much better than has made me feel, thank you. I know that two months of accurate data isn't enough to draw firm conclusions from, so I need to just stop worrying, but it's not so easy! 

I need to relax, wait for a rise in temp to confirm ovulation, and if that doesn't happen, wait for AF and go again next cycle :) 

I wish you loads of luck, wherever you are in your journey! X