Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Short luteal phase.. anyone had any BFP?!

Hi all, I’m currently on a 6/7 day luteal phase. Worried I’ll never get Pregnant. I was wondering if anyone had successfully fallen pregnant and had a baby with the same?

thanks xx

Replies

• hiya I don’t have an answer but I’m in exactly the same boat 😔 I’ve conceived twice but both ended with a miscarriage and it’s making me worry it’s to do with a short luteal phase. I do know some people who can still have a successful pregnancy with this short luteal phase! I’m currently waiting for a referral to a fertility clinic as perhaps a drug to make me ovulate sooner will help. Good luck and hopefully we’ll have successful pregnancies lol xx

• Hi all, I’m currently on a 6/7 day luteal phase. Worried I’ll never get Pregnant. I was wondering if anyone had successfully fallen pregnant and had a baby with the same?

thanks xx

Hi I know this is old but just wondering if since then you had any luck. I am exactly on the same boat with a 6/7 day LP and late ovulation. Was started on clomid last month and didnt resolve the problem :(
  • Hi Ggggg, unfortunately I had to have Ivf in the end but I now have 2 beautiful twin boys 8 months old. 
    However I’m not sure looking back if it was ever the luteal phase or a blocked Fallopian tube. It’s hard to know what stopped me getting pregnant maybe worry!! But my advice is please don’t let this worry you. Make sure you take zinc supplements as well as your partner. Good luck xx 
  • Hello, just wanted to pop in and say I had this issue. A luteal phase of 8 days and had a chemical pregnancy as a result of this. I knew I needed progesterone to lengthen my luteal phase and so I went private to a consultant and was pregnant first month on the progesterone. 

I'm not saying it'll definitely work but it did for me after trying for 8 months. If we try for a second I am going straight onto progesterone again. GPS won't prescribe unfortunately so I had to go through consultant xx
  • Thanks both so much for the comments and feedback. GP refused to prescribe progesterone claiming there is 'no cure' for a short luteal phase and to just carry on with clomid. Very disheartening but your stories give me hope. I have an appointment with a pvt consultant today at 4 and I hope they will consent to the prescription. So stressful! 
  • @Gggggg have you tried vit b6? You need about 50mg and above. People swear by it to help lengthen their LP

google it 
  • I have, it lengthened it by a day! It's only 7 days max so I suppose I need something stronger 😬
  • I also paid for progesterone privately for many months with no joy unfortunately. Not to say it won’t work for you. Funny though how they make you take it when you have Ivf!!! Nhs makes no sense at times!! 
    But as soon as I gave birth I could feel my ovulation it was sooo painful. And it was much earlier than I thought. So either it changed once I gave birth or the ovulation sticks etc where wrong and I was ovulating earlier than I thought. So maybe also try having sex earlier xx
  • It's definitely not a fix for everyone but it was what I needed. My consultant told me it wouldn't work but I was persistent lol And I wanted to try the least invasive approaches prior to clomid or ivf. I wish everyone so much luck on their journey as I know how disheartening it is getting your period 7/8days after ovulation. Esp as average day of implantation is day 9!!! But there is hope 😊 xxx
  • And yes sex earlier is a good call too. I tried smep plan the few months before and the month I fell pregnant too xx