Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

evap? faint positive? WTF?!

Bit of back story. I decided in January to stop OPK and actively trying because it was getting a bit too much. So Feb only have a rough idea when I ovulated based on EWCM and cramps (7th-11th Feb CD26-CD30) Which is late for me anyways... I normally have a 33 day cycle and 13 day LP. On the 17th (CD36) or (CD1?) I started getting a bit of blood. Bright red, but not much. Second day, bit more than day before, still very red. Day 3, red but hardly any and then stopped. I then got my new OPK and HCG tests delivered from Amazon on the 23rd, so decided to take one of each. 

23rd: 6pm got a vvv faint line in the time frame 
24th: 7am vvv faint line in time frame and 2pm got a different test from pharmacy, also vv faint line (this is the one with the top case taken off as couldnt get a clear picture of it with case on)
25th: 7am vvv faint line, looks exactly the same as the other days

So my question is, considering my GP told me today I am probably just "seeing what I want to see", do you also see these lines? they are faint but they are there. What are the chances 4 tests, from 2 different brands are wrong?

I know you are probably thinking JUST WAIT AND RETEST IN 2 DAYS! but I am feeling so bummed out by the GP comment! I didn't even go there for that, I have been having such severe headaches I booked before I even took those tests! I just mentioned them and got that response.... 

TIA X Hope everyone doing alright going through this bullshit TTC and a bloody pandemic!

Replies

• Options
    I'm sorry hun, I don't think I can see anything xx
  • Options
    I got a negative digital 3 days ago after getting a faint line in 7 one step tests.. I stopped testing. But today got a positive OPK, so took a hcg test and now it's very aparent.. But I don't know if I trust these tests anymore after my negative digital! 

Second line is pink as can see in the pictures and came up in the time frame.. 
  • Options
    Bundaberg said:
    I'm sorry hun, I don't think I can see anything xx
    Thank you for replying! 
  • Options
    I can see the line on HCG test.. try again in 2 days as HCG will double every 48hrs. Goodluck xx
  • Options
    False positive are very, very rare, and I can see the line now as well. Congrats! 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Will test again tomorrow when new tests come, as want to see if I get lines on a different brand, but not going to buy from pharmacy as they are roughly about 9 Euros per test!!
  • Options
    A digital test needs more hormones to pick up the high levels hence it shows negative in early weeks of pregnancy , so I wouldnt rely on that till you're about 2 weeks late lol x these are defo positive 
  • Options
    Thank you very much! I have more tests coming tomorrow going to see if they continue getting darker and if they do will retest with digi xx
  • Options
    got my answer! 
  • Options
    Congratulations!! Xx <3
  • Options
    @TryingforAmiracleBaby Thank you very much!
  • Options
    Congrats hun x
  • Options
    @Lh8609 thanks xxxx
  • Options
    I can see a line, congrats x
  • Options
    Amethyst said:
    I can see a line, congrats x
    Hey! Saw your post. This is how mine started, but they only ever got noticeably darker every 2-3 days! But, a line is a line. I waited until mine was unmistakably positive. It looks fainter in pictures, but every couple days I get a darker line. So, I am going to say, good luck and I do think yours will get darker and you will get your answer :) xx