Forum home Babies Baby

Moisturiser for my month old son

My son is a month old and he has bad dry skin on his face and sometimes on his feet and wrists.. I use baby oil in the bath and it helps but his skin soon gets dry again.. Iv been using aveeno baby moisturiser and it's really good but only problem is it doesn't keep his skin hydrated long enough.. can anyone recommend a good moisturiser?  Also has anyone used the child's farm products from boots? if so do share!!

Replies

• Is his skin dry or peeling? you can use sunflower oil preferably or olive oil for his body, just be careful of getting any on his hands/face as he will put them In his mouth. My son had the same issue, he’s 2 weeks old I’ve been using a bit of olive oil on him and it’s really helped. I was told to avoid using bath products & moisturisers for the 1st month atleast

• In the first few weeks when my baby's skin was peely I used grape seed oil directly on his skin twice a day and it make a huge difference. I now use aveeno most days and it seems to keep his skin soft (he's 7 weeks old now)

• Similar suggestion to the other ladies... we use coconut oil for our little guy... it worked wonders at clearing up his cradle cap, it keeps his hair super soft too. if he has a dry patch of skin anywhere on his body I just massage a little bit in, it also apparently has some healing properties in it so some people swear by it for diaper rashes etc!

• Oh i use coconut oil sometimes too smells lovely!

• Jadeelx said:

Is his skin dry or peeling? you can use sunflower oil preferably or olive oil for his body, just be careful of getting any on his hands/face as he will put them In his mouth. My son had the same issue, he’s 2 weeks old I’ve been using a bit of olive oil on him and it’s really helped. I was told to avoid using bath products & moisturisers for the 1st month atleast

did you have any negative effecta from olive oil or is his skin ok now