Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

TTC after Miscarriage ✨

Hi ladies, 

looking advice had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago.  I would of been 12 weeks but pregnancy was a blighted ovum. 

I have been scanned and all has confirmed that everything has passed. 
Looking advice, it’s a decision I have made to ttc ASAP. 

I have been getting a negative pregnancy test now. But my ovulation stick is getting dark, would it be from the hcg in my body still that is producing the positive lh stick? Even thought my pregnancy test is negative. 

Replies

• You could be about to ovulate.  If your hpt's are negative then you've no hgc in your system or its very low levels.  I would start BD just incase you're going to ovulate soon.  Good luck
  • Thank you so much for your reply. We BD last night and woke up with ovulation discharge, but not sure if it’s from the BD but I had what seemed a cm yestrday too. So hoping it works. Partner is extremly nervous with it being so soon for me to get preg but I really want to see top lines. Are u on ttc journey?? X @Amethyst
  • Thank you so much for your reply. We BD last night and woke up with ovulation discharge, but not sure if it’s from the BD but I had what seemed a cm yestrday too. So hoping it works. Partner is extremly nervous with it being so soon for me to get preg but I really want to see top lines. Are u on ttc journey?? X @Amethyst
    Yeah im on my TTC journey too.  I had a MC at the beginning of Feb and it took 3 weeks for my hgc to reach 0.  I had to keep getting my bloods taken to check it.  I'm now currently 2dpo. X
  • @Amethyst oh I’m so sorry to hear you had a MC. Did it take you long to have your first period? I obviously haven’t had a period as of yet. So I’m still in the unknown, but having negative tests? I haven’t been taken to my gp for a blood hcg test maybe I should try arrange that?? I don’t know.. 

oh I hope you have a sticky baby and this is your month ✨ I’m sure it’s such a nervous time. X
  • My MC started 31st Jan and I finally got a negative hgc on 20th Feb.  My period came on 25th Feb.  

If your getting negative tests you won't need your bloods taken, your hgc will be negative.

Good luck, get BD'ing 🤣🤣
  • @Amethyst oh you Weren’t long getting your af back. That was really good. Was the first one heavier or longer than what your usual would of been? Sorry for all the questions. Have you been taking anything to help you conceive? 

My miscarriage was a blighted ovum, I was 12+ weeks when I was given the tablet to take to brig on my Mc as my body wasn’t realsiing there was no baby I only had a gestational sac with placenta and it was continuing to grow. X
  • Hiya, so sorry for your miscarriage. I've been in a similar position recently so it may help. Had my second missed miscarriage on the 26th January 2021 at my 10 week scan (baby stopped growing at 8 weeks 2 days). Had medication and a follow up scan on the 5th February 2021 which confirmed I had passed everything. 

I was doing pregnancy tests almost daily and they were becoming more and more faint overtime. So me and the other half BD'd on the 14th February and the next day I started having EWCM. We also BD'd on the 16th February. I then started tracking my LH from the 16th which was low but started getting darker and peaked on the night of the 18th February and dropped back low on the 19th. I still had very faint positive pregnancy tests throughout this time but they were getting lighter and lighter so I knew the LH peak wasn't the HCG.

I then noticed around 2nd March my pregnancy tests were getting darker so contacted the EPU who did a blood test and my HCG was 46. 2 days later 93 (4th march) and another 48hours later 244. 

Today I've had an ultrasound scan and the EPU have confirmed that I am pregnant again. It is a real shock as I did not even have a period nor a negative pregnancy test (although the lines were very very faint and I was using frer so likely picking up very small levels of hcg).

So if I were you I'd get to BD-ing as ya'll likely ovulate soon.

Good luck :smile:
  • @Sjy87 I’m so sorry about your miscarriage. I had a blighted ovum Mc, and that was extremly difficult for me to deal with and I never even had a little baby in my sac. So for you to have a little baby I can’t imagine how you felt and I’m so sorry you went through that..

you have just explained my whole situation, I have been tracking my pregnancy tests to make sure they were getting negative. They are practically negative it’s just line eyes but with the act line if you understand? We bd on Sunday and then yestrday evening and then dismorning I woke up with what was cm and now today I have had a bit of cm which I haven’t had. So I’m hopeful. I told him we have to bd tomor night lol I’m so happy for you that all is ok for you. How many weeks are you then. The midwife said to me if I was to conceive again, that I would get  seen to in the earlie pregnancy unit. 

How are you feeling? Have you different symptom to your previous pregnancy. X 
  • @Nireland2020 Thank you so much for your kind words. It's been really hard to get through (especially since this is the second time it has happened after seeing a heart beat). But I always try to think of how others have suffered through even worse and to be grateful that I can even get pregnant you know. So I remain hopeful. 

Yes completely understand about the 'practically negative' pregnancy tests that's exactly what mine were like (I've attached a picture of some of my testing - the lighter lines don't even show up on the camera but they were there in person). You will have BD'd more than me, so your chances will be even greater than mine lol. That's great, yes as soon as you see your pregnancy tests are getting darker contact your EPU and they will look after you. 

My 1st scan yesterday, they put me between 4 to 5 weeks. So super early as expected, they said they just wanted to check it is in the uterus and I have a follow up scan in 2 weeks to check on viability. So all good so far. I assume today I am about 4 weeks and 6 days, based on ovulation and implantation pain and the scan. 

In terms of symptoms: 

My first missed miscarriage - my symptoms were implantation pain, on and off normal mild abdominal cramping (uterus growing), constipation, tiredness and severe morning sickness (I was on 2 medications for it) from 6 weeks onwards. Slightly sore boobs from 5.5 weeks and nipples got bigger. 

My second missed miscarriage - my symptoms were extremely sore nipples/boobs and nipple changes from 4 weeks, tiredness, on and off normal mild abdominal cramping (uterus growing) and only mild nausea. 

This current pregnancy - very minimal symptoms of tiredness, implantation pain (I assume - a week after when I think I ovulated - but definitely knew something was going on), on and off normal mild abdominal cramping (uterus growing) and minor nipple changes. 

So all very different, so can never know what to think lol. 

Currently I am hopeful but then I have days when I panic that I will have another miscarriage, but those days are much fewer than the hopeful days. I actually feel much less anxious than the second time round! 

Keep me posted on how you get on. Is this your first?

• @Sjy87 oh I’m so sorry you went through that twice. I can’t imagine. Thankfully you have ur little rainbow and I hope u have the best 9 months ahead 🌈✨ 

my pregnancy tests looking like yours, I don’t know what to make of my ovulation sticks there so light today compared to any other days. So it’s strange. 

This will be my third baby. 1 miscarriage: so I’m super nervous for it to happen. As if we didn’t go private n pay for our scan, I wouldn’t of new anything was wrong until my 12week scan as I had zero bleeding or anything. So I will be so nervous if I am lucky enough to conceive again. 

I haven’t obv had a period or anything yet, so I don’t really know where I am with ovulation or what is going on.x lol I haven’t drank from I found out I was pregnant on the 3rd January, and I won’t drink now as I really would love my chances of conceiving. Say you couldn’t believe it when your preg Tests started to get dark again lol amazing so it is xxx
  • @Amethyst oh you Weren’t long getting your af back. That was really good. Was the first one heavier or longer than what your usual would of been? Sorry for all the questions. Have you been taking anything to help you conceive? 

My miscarriage was a blighted ovum, I was 12+ weeks when I was given the tablet to take to brig on my Mc as my body wasn’t realsiing there was no baby I only had a gestational sac with placenta and it was continuing to grow. X
    No it lasted the usually 5 days but it was heavy and painful at the beginning.

Whilst I was awaiting for my hgc to come down and getting my blood checked weekly they told me I won't ovulate whilst I still have hgc in my system.  I had started using opks as soon as my MC bleeding stopped to see how they worked because I had never used them before, and I noticed the line was getting darker but I presummed it was wrong because they said I won't ovulate, but I obviously did and I missed it. 

I would deffo do the opks and it shows high LH get BDing 🤣
  • @Amethyst oh and how long before u got a positive again on ur home pregnancy test?? We bd so hopefully something happens but I honestly don’t even know where I am in my cycle lol  X x 
  • We missed the first ovulation.  Im now 5dpo, so fingers crossed.
    Good luck  to you too x
  • Nireland2020Nireland2020 Regular
    edited Mar 15, 2021 7:07PM
    @Amethyst Oh amazing, at least u now have a new cycle and no where u are. I hope u have a little sticky baby. When will u start testing??? 

I have had like cm with brown sorry if tonmuch and a lot of cramping. I don’t know what’s happening. It’s just so crazy I use to have a cycle where it was perfect and to the day, and once I started trying that was it out the window n went from 28 to 29-34 days. Lol x x x