Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Spotting

Hey ladies 
looking for some reassurance  please .. 
started spotting brown discharge on and off since yesterday little bit on my pad at 12 yesterday and then again at 7 yesterday evening and noting since  .. cramping on and off .. doctor done my hcg level Monday gone and it was at  78 I’m suppose to be 4w6d .. after 4 miscarriages I’m worried.. has anyone went through something similar ?

Replies

• Hey @Meganmaher! I know spotting is really horrible because you have no idea what's going on. And neither do the doctors at this point actually. Because you can't see anything really on the scans yet. 
    Brown blood means usually old blood. When I went to my doctor last month with bleeding, she told me not to worry if it's light. If the bleeding is heavy, you'll need to see your doctor again. But the way you describe it, it's very light, so try not to focus on it too much. I know how hard that is though. xx
  • Bundaberg said:
    Hey @Meganmaher! I knowspotting is really horrible because you have no idea what's going on. And neither do the doctors at this point actually. Because you can't see anything really on the scans yet. 
    Brown blood means usually old blood. When I went to my doctor last month with bleeding, she told me not to worry if it's light. If the bleeding is heavy, you'll need to see your doctor again. But the way you describe it, it's very light, so try not to focus on it too much. I know how hard that is though. xx
    Thank you so much for your reply hun I’m postive but I can’t help but worry getting more blood drawn tomorrow so hoping hcg is doubling.. and this is our rainbow baby sticking .. xx
  • I feel you! I went to the toilet all 10 minutes to see if the bleeding got stronger. And I was just interviewing someone for a position in my team, I was so distracted, poor thing that got interviewed that day. 
  • @Bundaberg you poor thing is all okay with you and baby now I hope ? It’s so scary tho .. your mind is constantly thinking the worst . Anytime I go to the toilet I’m always checking it’s horrible feeling xx
  • Unfortunately I had a chemical so I was hesitant to write that at first, but also to reassure you that what I experienced was totally different from what you described. The bleeding was very heavy, the spotting only lasted maybe two hours. So I knew what was happening. But also that's how I learned when NOT to worry ;)
  • @Bundaberg I’m so sorry 😞 it’s not nice to go through . I hope your okay here to talk if you need to .. xxx
  • Thank you so much @Meganmaher! It wasn't easy but since I was only knowingly pregnant for a couple of days it was okay. I can't fathom the pain it must cause to lose your baby after a couple of weeks. I was sad, but at the same time I was happy that it even happend. So I know I can get pregnant.