Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Positive now negative! HELP!!

Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I have been trying to get pregnant for nearly two years. On Sunday 14th March I took a first response pregnant test that showed a very faint line which I have never seen before :-) but then on Monday 15th March I woke up to really bad cramps and bleeding like my period. The bleeding only lasted about 2 days. I took a new pregnancy test on the 18th March which also showed a very faint line. Took a clear blue digital the on the 19th which said not pregnant. Friends have told me to use pink dye so being paranoid I took another two first response today one this morning which line is there but nearly invisible followed by one will nothing. Does this sound like a chemical pregnancy? First photo was the 18th second photo today. Xx

Replies

• Hi @LesMac81 I'm not a medical expert but to me it sounds like a chemical, I'm so sorry! I went through the same last month. Showed a positive, then I had cramps that resulted in maybe three days bleeding (one day was really strong), and two days after I tested negative again. 
    The positive thing is, if you're up to of course, that there are some indications that the months following a chemical show a higher chance of getting pregnant. 
  • Thank you @Bundaberg for messaging back. I’m driving myself crazy. I have took 5 tests in the week and not sure if I started seeing things or not. Really difficult. 
    This was them all together in date order. Xx
  • Yes, you're right, it seems like the line is getting lighter... 
  • LesMac81 said:

Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I have been trying to get pregnant for nearly two years. On Sunday 14th March I took a first response pregnant test that showed a very faint line which I have never seen before :-) but then on Monday 15th March I woke up to really bad cramps and bleeding like my period. The bleeding only lasted about 2 days. I took a new pregnancy test on the 18th March which also showed a very faint line. Took a clear blue digital the on the 19th which said not pregnant. Friends have told me to use pink dye so being paranoid I took another two first response today one this morning which line is there but nearly invisible followed by one will nothing. Does this sound like a chemical pregnancy? First photo was the 18th second photo today. Xx
    Hi 

I totally understand what you are going through as I am in a similar situation. Unable to advise as I'm going insane too...spoke to my GP today who thinks that because my today's test was negative, I may not be pregnant. Still no signs of periods. Sorry couldn't help much..xx