Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

birth video (dont click the link if your squeamish!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN0eLurx3b4&feature=PlayList&p=517E31FFB7B61C58&playnext=1&index=7
I just looked on youtube for birthing videos to see what i've let myself in for. and OMG its gross! i couldn't watch it all i felt sick. and you see this woman getting an episiotomy and its horrible.
Please watch it!
lau
xxxxxxxx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev107pr___.png

Replies

• DON'T WATCH IT!! YOUR CRAZY TO YOUTUBE IT!! HONESTLY BIRTH IS NOT AS BAD AS YOU THINK! ITS A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE AND THE SCREAMING ETC IS A NATURAL WAY FOR SOME PEOPLE TO GET THROUGH IT! PLEASE DON'T FRIGHTEN YOURSELF WATCHING THESE VIDS! IVE HAD 3 BOYS AND HAVE THE PAIN THRESH HOLD OF A WUSS AND I DID IT NATURALLY WITH MY LAST 2 AND WAS AMAZING EXPERIENCE, NOT AT ALL LIKE ID BEEN TOLD IT WOULD BE!
  • this is really silly to post, it is completely different for EVERYONE
  • lol i was just curious ... ive only ever seen birth in soaps and other fictional programs on tv and know thats all dramatised and completely wrong so wanted to know what the real deal is like. I'm just so glad that I won't be able to see what's happening down there. think i would faint if i had to look at it lol. xxxx
  • people are scared enough without having to watch that, might be an idea to delete ur post, if people wanna see it they'll youtube it themselves!
  • you will experience it for yourself and it will be nothing like you watch, it could be better or worse it could hurt bad or not so bad! but its never wat u expect, honestly! its such a positive experience for most!"! but there are the obv ones who have a difficult time but majority are posiive!
  • DONT WATCH IT, seriously don't! Especially if your expecting your first. I don't think these sort of video's help anyone understand what happen's during the birth. It just frighten's people. In this case ladies- Ignorance is Bliss!!! xxx

Cat 14+4
  • how do you delete a post? i've tried to edit but the stupid advert is in the way of the edit button.
  • I have watched a real birth in the fleash and trust me it aint nothing like that, no mess, yes afew shouts but ultimately beautiful and amazing to watch, not a horror scene !!
    dont worry its very rare to be horrific, look around u everybody has been born, if it were that bad as on the vid, we would all b extinct and none of us would have siblings trust me!!
  • Im so not going to watch that!! I might have if you hadnt mentioned that she gets an episiotomy so thanks for the warning, I think an episiotomy my worst fear about the birth and so dont want to know what it looks like. Ive heard you dont even feel it that much at the time anyway cos there is so much going on. I think watcing a birth must be more horrific than actually going through it yourself!!
    Im having my first so as far as i;m concerned im going to sneeze and the baby will pop out, please dont anyone try to tell me any different cos I dont want to know and I wont believe you anyway!!!! :lol:
  • Well, I never read the comments, just clicked the link straight away, and I wish I hadn't, I was quite happy about a natural birth and now I'm a little frightened, Its my first too, so I don't know what to expect. I certainly won't e looking at any more.
  • Don't delete the post - it's up to individuals if they want to watch it, you did say not to watch it, and others have posted their oppinions - so people can make an informed choice.

Personally I didn't watch it. But it's nice to have the option.
  • i agree dont delete it, i watched it and im having my first, i chose to watch it so i know what to expect, personally i didnt think it was too bad! But iam nurse and have seen 2 live births when i was training! x
  • Im having my second and I had a epiostomy. In reality how else is the baby gong to come out and by the time you give birth if you have pain relief you dont feel anything and by the time it comes you are so sick of being pregnant and your adrhenelin is going you just want it out and to meet your baby.
    When i first saw this video it made me shake and go white and want a cesarian but really a bit of pain at the time and a few days later its all over whereas a cesarian you have to be in bed for a while and cant lift, doesnt sound so appealing when you think of it like that.
    Georgie 14+6
    xxxx
  • I had an episotomy with my lo in October. It isn't nice and yes it's painful but it was necessary to get him out. But I had no idea what to expect and that was probably for the best as I just went with the flow and did what midwife told me to. Labour is different for everyone so don't watch this if you're thinking it will let you know what to expect, S xx
  • I watched it, and believe it shouldn't be deleted. We're grown women and it's ultimately up to use to decide whether we want to watch it or not. I don't believe my first labour was that bad. Yes it hurt, alot and I tore but I was so busy concentrating on trying to push my baby out that I didn't really feel the pain too much. Giving birth is the most amazing experiences a woman can have. It certainly didn't put me off too much, as I was pregnant again 6 months later.

G.x 27+2
  • I watched it, and believe it shouldn't be deleted. We're grown women and it's ultimately up to use to decide whether we want to watch it or not. I don't believe my first labour was that bad. Yes it hurt, alot and I tore but I was so busy concentrating on trying to push my baby out that I didn't really feel the pain too much. Giving birth is the most amazing experiences a woman can have. It certainly didn't put me off too much, as I was pregnant again 6 months later.

G.x 27+2
  • i stillthink it should be deleted it shows one horrific birth, when there are so many different types of births, women click on that and presume thats what will happen to them! Its terryfying and daunting and intimidating as it is! watching a baby come out of their on any vid is gonna scare you cos you can only imagine what it feels like if its your first! when the truth is it feels nothing like it looks at all! xx
  • Its up to each ndividual whether they decide to watch it, the reality of it is that births like these do occur, when i was having faith i thought id have contractions that slowly got stronger my waters would break and i would push for a few hours, i had planned a water birth. However my waters broke first i got barely any contractions and was on a monitor, in my opinion its better to be prepared than not, no matter what, your baby has to come out one way or another
  • I think it looks very dated and isn't even an accurate image of what birth is like these days. We are encouraged to be active and upright, not laying on our backs on a table. How are you supposed to push out a baby when you're flat on your back?
    There are some beautiful births on youtube, just search for hypnobirthing or water birth and you'll have a completly different experinece.
    I had a water birth and no one touched me, I was just left to do what my body told me.

It's the best thing you'll ever do. x
  • i watched it but wished i didnt. made me feel sick. still looking forward to it though! ive done it once i can do it again xxx
    15+5 with 2nd