Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

name spelling.....

me and hubby have decided on rohan for a boy...but are arguing over how to spell it...

i like ROHAN he likes ROWAN.... they mean different things to depending on the spelling..

rohan means hapiness and healing

rowan means little red one..comes from rowan berry..

how would u all spell it? i like rohan coz its different.. i dont do normal lol wanted a different name and i think its different anyway but if ever we did meet another rowan i think it wud be spelt with a W as thats the normal way to spell it...

xx

Replies

• hi, i prefer rowan, i know some1 called rohan and he pronounces it as ROW HAN. xxx
  • Id say Rohan because its more modern.
    And the meaning is much nicer x
  • I love Rohan! (It is the name of an outdoor clothing store though!) x
  • I like Rohan - as you say, its a bit different ! image
  • It really depends on how you want the name to be pronounced.

Rohan- ROH HAN
    Rowan- ROW UN

I like Rowan xxx

Cat 15+5
  • i like Rohan as it has a much nicer meaning and is less common that Rowan xxx
  • I love Rohan, we did consider it for a boy, however we were going to pronounce the H if that makes sense. You'll probably find if you do use that spelling but want the H to be silent, you'll spend an awful lot of time correcting people! i love both names, although i think Rohan with the H just pips it for me xxx
  • I prefer Rohan. Like the meaning better x
  • i prefer Rohan! as its more unusual!xxx
    hope you are well?xx carly xx
  • I like rowan aswell, although i called my 1st pony rowan because he was a strawberry roan colour! xx
  • sorry that was very random!!! LOL xx
  • see i like rohan but i dont think i would prenounce the H and i would get sick of correctin people. rob says its different enough without having to spell it different too. i mean i dont know of any rowans apart from mr bean,,,, hmm i dunno....
  • see i like rohan but i dont think i would prenounce the H and i would get sick of correctin people. rob says its different enough without having to spell it different too. i mean i dont know of any rowans apart from mr bean,,,, hmm i dunno....
  • my daughter is called Lucie we wanted it spelt the none common way - however for the last 8 years we now say to anyone who has to write her name is Lucie with an i e and that what it feels like her name is... plus you cant get anything with that spelling would that be the same with you?? Even though we have that I do like having the unusual spelling and its not as common... but everything has pro's and con's.

I love the name its really nice and unusual...

Oh the pressure!!

Emma 15+1 xx
  • I spelt my daughters name with an i e as its the french way and different and not because it looked cuter...
  • I prefer Rowan.
    My sis has a name that always has to be spelt out or corrected and she absolutely hates it. Your child has to live with that name for the rest of their life and having to correct it ALL the time is not fun!

My Mum also said think about them having that name when they are like 40. It may be lovely when they are 5 but they may hate it when they are older. Put me off a few names straight away.

Mommy Mog - I was trying to work out why Rohan sounded familiar and then I say your post saying Lord of the Rings and was like OH YEAH!