Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby bump or belly fat?

Hi! I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative so I have a gynecologist appointment to confirm that it wasn't a false negative but it's only in two weeks.
If I am I would be 12 weeks pregnant right now, is there any way to check if it's a really small baby bump or just belly fat? Any tips and tricks please!

Replies

• Options
    Why did you not take another pregnancy test?
  • Options
    Bundaberg said:
    Why did you not take another pregnancy test?

I did another one but it was a week earlier than the last one and it also was negative
    I’m just worried that I’m getting false negatives
  • Options
    And you didn't get your period for the last two months? Why didn't you go to see a doctor?
  • Options
    Bundaberg said:
    And you didn't get your period for the last two months? Why didn't you go to see a doctor?
    I did get my period, at least I think it was my period
    There are so many stories of girls being pregnant saying that they had false negatives and that they still had their periods or something of the sort that now I find it hard to believe anything
    Like I said, I do have an appointment but it’s only in two weeks because I couldn’t get a earlier one 
  • Options
    I suggest you buy a digital test that will tell you not only if you're pregnant but also how far along. 
    Yes, I know women that get a negative test and ended up being pregnant, but none of them tested after they were more than one week overdue. 
  • Options
    Bundaberg said:
    I suggest you buy a digital test that will tell you not only if you're pregnant but also how far along. 
    Yes, I know women that get a negative test and ended up being pregnant, but none of them tested after they were more than one week overdue. 
    I will Thanks!