Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Could I be pregnant?

GigiiiiGigiiii Regular
edited Apr 19, 2021 4:11PM in Trying to conceive
Hello I'm Gigi and I have a question and wanted to know if you girls could answer it or give me your opinion, ok so my last period started on March 2 and ended on the 6th I had intercourse on both the 16th and 17th and my ovulation day was ON the 17th and I am not on birth control. On the 16th when I had intercourse I had taken an enhancement pill at 8 am had intercourse then took a plan b at around 1 pm. After about a week a started spotting for about two days then it stopped it is now April 20th and I missed my period this month and I have had a weird feeling for a good while now, I get mild cramps, back pain, nausea but no vomiting, headaches and a lot of fatigue but I have taken about 5 pregnancy tests and the first one was negative then the second and third were positive then the last was negative again. could this be a chemical pregnancy?

Replies

• Think you should try a first response test shoukd give you a clearer positive or negative it looks like you have taken a test of causing so could just be a evap line 
  • Sj83 said:
    Think you should try a first response test shoukd give you a clearer positive or negative it looks like you have taken a test of causing so could just be a evap line 
    I'll take another test thank you!!
  • Also I'd suggest to only test first thing in the morning, not during the day, as the concentration of potential pregnancy hormones is the highest then. And using the same brand for all tests, because some pick up hcg earlier than others, which means the more sensitive one will give you a positive, the less sensitive one a negative.
    For a chemical pregnancy you'd get a fainter positive each time you test. For example on day 1 you see a positive, day 2 a faint positive, day 3 a negative. 
  • GigiiiiGigiiii Regular
    edited Apr 20, 2021 11:52PM
    I usually test during the day so maybe it is affecting the results, but that did happen to me i test positive two days in a row then the third day it came back negative
    Thank You!

Bundaberg said:
    Also I'd suggest to only test first thing in the morning, not during the day, as the concentration of potential pregnancy hormones is the highest then. And using the same brand for all tests, because some pick up hcg earlier than others, which means the more sensitive one will give you a positive, the less sensitive one a negative.
    For a chemical pregnancy you'd get a fainter positive each time you test. For example on day 1 you see a positive, day 2 a faint positive, day 3 a negative. 

• It happened to me in February, I'm sorry that happens to you! But still, I would test again in the morning and see what happens. Good luck to you! xx