Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Please help, did I miscarry? **tmi pictures included**

Hi everyone,

I just want to apologize firstly for the graphic pictures that are included in my post. There is no way to accurately describe them so I felt I had to post them. Earlier this month I began to experience the sorest boob pain I’ve ever experienced. They were swollen, veiny, and sensitive enough to cause pain just by lightly brushing up against the fabric of my shirts. I decided it was just pms...even though I wasn’t expecting my period until the 17th of this month (about 2 weeks away). In the time before I was due for my period I was extremely tired all the time, I found myself napping which is rare for me. I was also quite bloated for about 2 days and experienced cramping without bleeding on and off for about 2-3 days. The 17th came and I hadn’t even began to have any spotting yet but the breast pain was still present. Fast-forward to the 23rd of April and I was spotting brown, at this time I just thought my period was finally here. My breast pain was gone, just like that, but I did have an inexplicable pain in my lower back. The same day I found something in my pants when I was changing and it left me very confused as I had never passed anything like it. I put it in water per someone else’s advice to “preserve” it until I figured out what it was. The next day I just had more spotting with cramps but the bleeding didn’t come in until Monday the 26th of April and it has been horrible. I am bleeding a lot and the cramping is insane, I have taken 800mg of ibuprofen and it has done nothing to help with the pain. Today, I have been cramping all day, coming in waves and as I stood up I felt something come out. I raced to the bathroom only to find very large “blood clots” on the toilet paper. They looked like nothing I’ve ever seen before and had tissue-like components to them. I am not sure what to believe at this point in time but my gut instinct tells me that something bad happened. I would appreciate anyone’s advice on if I could potentially be miscarrying. Thank you all so much.

Replies

• My friend had a miscarriage and her doctor gave her medicine to remove the sac. rather than going through D&C. Something like this came out. However, it would be better that you see a doctor be sure.
  • I'd go see a doctor as well actually. I can just tell you that when I had a chemical a couple of weeks ago. So I got my positive test result around the day my AF would have been due, and around 5 days later I started bleeding. It was similar to AF, but not the same. And it was just blood. What I'm trying to say is, that whatever you found in your blood is a bit big for being pregnant for a short time. Was your last period normal? Could it be that you could somehow have mistaken your period with implantation bleeding?
  • Bundaberg said:
    I'd go see a doctor as well actually. I can just tell you that when I had a chemical a couple of weeks ago. So I got my positive test result around the day my AF would have been due, and around 5 days later I started bleeding. It was similar to AF, but not the same. And it was just blood. What I'm trying to say is, that whatever you found in your blood is a bit big for being pregnant for a short time. Was your last period normal? Could it be that you could somehow have mistaken your period with implantation bleeding?
    Thank you for responding. My last period lasted almost 2 weeks (light bleeding from March 17 to March 29). Is it possible that was implantation bleeding? I always thought implantation bleeding lasted a couple of days if that, so I dismissed my “period” last month as normal. 
  • Implantation bleeding normally isn't that long, no. But weirder things have happened right?
  • I wouldn’t say implantation hun.. I would defo say you’ve miscarried as that looks like the lining of your womb, I’m so sorry.. the pains and bleeding confirm it.. but is always best to get yourself checked over as I’ve miscarried myself and it’s not nice xxx
  • @WelshGirrl I meant the period she had back in March. 
  • Bundaberg said:
    @WelshGirrl I meant the period she had back in March. 
    Okay? Sorry I wasn’t replying to your comment I was replying to this ladies post x
  • I wouldn’t say implantation hun.. I would defo say you’ve miscarried as that looks like the lining of your womb, I’m so sorry.. the pains and bleeding confirm it.. but is always best to get yourself checked over as I’ve miscarried myself and it’s not nice xxx
    I took a home test yesterday and it came back negative :/ I’m not sure what this means. Does this mean that it’s something else? I’ve heard of women testing either during a miscarriage or right after and still getting a positive test. Everything seemed to have come to a pause after passing whatever that was, I haven’t had any cramping since but am still bleeding, maybe just not as abundantly as before. 
  • Because by the looks of it everything have left your body hence the negative test. Ask your doctor for hcgbloods and you’ll know for sure 
  • @WelshGirrl I know, sorry I think I made it more confusing :) 

@Monica217 maybe you can go see your GP and do a scan, just to be sure that if you had a miscarriage everything else is alright?
  • Im so sorry thou 🥺 sending love x
  • @Bundaberg and @WelshGirrl Thank you both for your advice and compassion, I really appreciate it 
  • More than welcome love 
  • You're very welcome, keep us posted xx