Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2021

Due in August 2021

Replies

• I used sma with my girls cos my mum used it I never had a problem with it but used aptamil with my son cos my partner recommended it my son was happy on it 
  • We've got a selection of different branded nappies...loads of pampers, aldi, Tesco (probably end up with them as I get staff discount) & might try asda little angels too 🤔 As far as formula goes, I've got a starter pack (for hospital bag) & 1 tub of Aptamil so far as I've heard that's one of the best alternatives to breastfeeding 😊 But then again, baby might not get on with it, so open to try any 😊

25+2 & I'm already getting the hospital bags ready 😂😂 Still have loads more bits to get & receive of various people too 🙈
  • Hey ladies! As far as nappies go... I used huggies for my son which were fab! But, he's 2 now and they seem to be exploding... He's in the biggest size but wakes up drenched in the mornings... In about a month im going to potty train him though.. i tried pampers with jim which were good but here in italy they are sooo darn expensive!! 

For formula, with my son i mix fed from the beginning as i had very little milk... I started off with the hospital milk which is one of the most expensive formulas here but my son didn't handle it well at all. He was constantly constipated... Anywho, i tried most brands and he had the same issue ... In the end we got him the cheapest one and he pooped amazing with it! Ill probably use the same one for little girl! 

I've been given soooo many clothes already... It's bitter sweet cause on one hand im glad I don't have to fork out all the money, on the other hand it makes me sad cause I don't get to buy anything hahaha. It was the same with my son... But people in my town are just overly invasive and involved with everybody's lives that it's a given that this will happen with every kid born! 
  • @EmPa my friends baby was the same with formula. She bought very expensive organic stuff and has to switch to something cheap so he would poop. He ended up having other digestive issues though

anyone planning to breastfeed? I feel like to odd one out here 😅 I’m on kid 3 and will breastfeed as long as there is no cleft palate or any other issues causing baby to not get proper suction. Exclusive pumping is not for me I don’t think. I will be really lost if I have to learn how to formula feed, but I know you ladies could help me get the hang of it. I hated even making bottles for daycare and I only worked part time 🤣

i use cloth diapers and cloth wipes, which I love. Once in a while (on vacation sometimes) I got disposable diapers and I liked the Aldi ones, mostly because they are cheap but they work fine 🤷‍♀️ I like Aldi for most of our grocery shopping for that reason lol, but idk how different it is in the USA where I am 
  • In the uk everyone says aldi is really good aswell but dont have one near me and dont drive either I tried to breast feed with my first but I just didnt seem to have any milk so I've bottle fed all mine now 
  • I plan on breastfeeding. I bf my 1st
    for only 6 weeks but my milk then dried out (they think due to the trauma my body went through, I had a very complex emergency section having him and also he was really small so didn’t drink much for the first 6 weeks) my 2nd I bf for about 7 1/2 months. So all being well I will definitely bf again!! I will get one of the formula started packs in anyway and il have bottles as I want to express anyway. I will have to try and make sure he’s duel fed by 9months as that’s when I plan to go back to work. 
  • Hi all. 

In terms of breastfeeding I've decided to bottle feed only on the basis of i am very self conscious and get embarrassed easily (not that it is something to be embarrassed of). I just feel I wouldnt even be able to do it infront of my partner never mind family and friends or strangers. And if I was to pump all the time I thought be easier to just use formula. Xx
  • Sj83 said:
    In the uk everyone says aldi is really good aswell but dont have one near me and dont drive either I tried to breast feed with my first but I just didnt seem to have any milk so I've bottle fed all mine now 
    This happened to me. I did not have leaking nipples, breasts did not get bigger etc. and I desperately wanted to breastfeed but nothing was coming for baby and eventually she was so hungry despite latching on perfectly and I was so tired that I gave in and gave her a bottle. No leakages etc afterwards, I'm not sure why it didn't happen for us but I feel like it added so much stress to those first few hours with our new baby so this time, I'm more than happy to go straight in with bottles and not overthink it too much. 

Time is absolutely flying isn't it! I am FINALLY feeling some movement in the last few days, assuming my placenta is still anterior but what a gorgeous feeling that is ❤
  • @Stokiejodie I'm exactly the same with being self conscious & uncomfortable.
    Although, my main reason for bottle feeding has nothing to do with that 😊
    Anyway, I've been feeling some weird movement of baby, it's almost as if he's vibrating, shivering, shaking in the womb 🤔 Completely forgot to mention it at my appointment today, but has anybody else ever experienced this? 
  • @BexF90 it might be baby having hiccups maybe ?

My baby is still breach and facing my spine so I get the odd kick to my belly (probably elbows) and because when it kicks its going towards my back I feel them inside my bum 🙈🤣🤣 xx
  • Ok ladies so this might be a slight tmi conversation but now at 25 weeks I’m noticing some changes.... 
    has anyone else had an increase in discharge?? It’s normal healthy looking no smell or discoloured etc but just seem to have more!! 
    Also Iv noticed my boobs have grown again and when I was rubbing some stretch mark prevention cream in them I noticed I am actually starting to leak a tiny bit of milk 😬
    and last but not least how the hell is everyone managing there lady garden? Jeez I can’t see a damn thing down there and hacking away with a razor is not ideal, last time it looked like Sweeney Todd had been at it, I have now got a mirror to assist with the situation but still this is not good 😳 and I know it sounds ridiculous but I can’t go in to hospital like some wild woman down below 😂😂 so am trying to sort out a maintenance program now 🙈 any ideas would be much my appreciated 👍🏻
  • Ha ha that reminds me I need to attempt to shave mine again aswell not seen it for a while so forgot but yeah I normally use a mirror to shave aswell now I have a growth scan tomoz as at my 20 week app babies head was  on the small side looking forward to it hopfully all being well but also first time my oh has been able to come with me so excited for him to feel part of the baby pregnancy experience babys kicking lots more and now I know he does I wait for him all day to start moving takes him a while sometimes 
  • @MrsH02 I have the same problem now with the shaving I've been putting it off for the last week or so. Was thinking of a mirror too or just feeling and hoping for the best. Im the same I dont want be going into labour and feeling even more self conscious than will be anyway. I think a wax will be too painful by that point too if they can even get there haha.

In regards to discharge. Even before pregnancy i had alot so must just be normal for me but I've had more last week or 2 and seems more sticky.  Xx

@Sj83 I've had my growth scan brought forward by a week too as at pre term birth clinic last week they said baby was measuring below the 10th centile but I'm not going to panic as me and partner aren't exactly tall and with my scar tissue csnt get a clear scan anyway so may have measured wrong xx
  • Had my scan babys head still on the small size 7th centile kind of was expecting it though two of my other children have smaller heads and learning difficuilties but baby seems healthy other then that so all good his now in a breech position have to go back at 28 weeks make sure is still following his centile charge 
  • Hi ladies.  I am so so sorry I haven’t been in. The prep for reopening the salon was manic and then hasn’t eased since we reopened on 26th April. My work have not been great at all and as a result i am taking all my annual leave early as of 18th May and starting Mat pay a lot earlier than I wanted to. They aren’t following the legalisation from the government and have caused me unnecessary stress. Been working a lot and feet/ankles swollen. Constantly shattered. Joys of being a manager! I have citizens advice speaking with me and I have a phone call with them Tuesday as my work have not adjusted anything. Threatened me with statoury sick pay. Won’t let me work from home etc etc. I have been a wreck! Only tomorrow and Monday then I’m off. I have said I’m off for 52 weeks but They don’t know that I’m not coming back. Not staying to be treated like this! Had to have emergency midwife appointment last week as I was worried and had to be checked. Me and little princess are fine. Looking forward to rest now for next 12 weeks until I have her. Missed you ladies xxxxxx
  • Glad you and little one are ok that sounds like a horrible time you been having cant belive they havnt been more supportive 😪 least you get to rest now more time prepare for little ones arrival 
  • @Sj83 oh lovely it’s been horrendous. Cannot wait to finish at 4.30pm on Monday! The stress has been unreal. Cannot wait to just relax and have quality family time before princess arrives. How are you? Xxxx
  • Roll on monday I'm good thank you even the heartburn has disappeared for a bit do get very breathless though even just walking up the stairs 🙈 what's everyone's views on covid vaccines I'll be waiting till I've had baby worries me there might not be enough evidence on it being ok yet 
  • Scotsmama said:
    Hi ladies.  I am so so sorry I haven’t been in. The prep for reopening the salon was manic and then hasn’t eased since we reopened on 26th April. My work have not been great at all and as a result i am taking all my annual leave early as of 18th May and starting Mat pay a lot earlier than I wanted to. They aren’t following the legalisation from the government and have caused me unnecessary stress. Been working a lot and feet/ankles swollen. Constantly shattered. Joys of being a manager! I have citizens advice speaking with me and I have a phone call with them Tuesday as my work have not adjusted anything. Threatened me with statoury sick pay. Won’t let me work from home etc etc. I have been a wreck! Only tomorrow and Monday then I’m off. I have said I’m off for 52 weeks but They don’t know that I’m not coming back. Not staying to be treated like this! Had to have emergency midwife appointment last week as I was worried and had to be checked. Me and little princess are fine. Looking forward to rest now for next 12 weeks until I have her. Missed you ladies xxxxxx
    Oh this sounds horrendous. I am glad you are starting mat leave early but it really shouldn't be necessary, your employer should be more supportive.. 😭

This is my current situation... I am a teacher and I am currently 25+3. From 28 weeks, the guidance is so unbelievably vague but I have been working on the assumption that ill be WFH at 28 weeks which is may half term. For the last few weeks, my PGP has been unreal. I cannot sit or stand after lying or sitting for longer than 10-15 mins. I end up howling in pain when putting any weight at all on my hip joints and the pain causes me to vomit violently. 

My doctor gave me a medical certificate encouraging work to make adaptations to my role. For the last two weeks I have been in 4 days a week just until 11am and all day on a Tuesday. Now, work are saying there's nothing in the guidance which means I should be at home from 28 weeks and I feel really really stressed about this, despite this new variant and also the students not having to wear masks any more.

I think I am over thinking this massively because covid aside, my GP letter covers me until 16th June so worst case scenario I should be able to continue with my current plan until then but then I can always ask him to extend it for another month?

I really don't want to start mat leave early as being due in August is ideal for maximum amount of time with baby but it's all just so stressful isn't it ☹.

Anyone else have pain like this or a similar situation regarding work from 28 weeks? 
  • Sj83 said:
    Roll on monday I'm good thank you even the heartburn has disappeared for a bit do get very breathless though even just walking up the stairs 🙈 what's everyone's views on covid vaccines I'll be waiting till I've had baby worries me there might not be enough evidence on it being ok yet 
    I am seriously debating having the vaccine if I'm going to be staying in work until the end of July. I just don't know what to do... ☹