Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

False positive or positive

I'm new to this forum and have been trying to conceive for a while now. My periods was due yesterday and today early morning I took this urine test but I'm confused if its positive or negative.

What you think? Am I pregnant ? 

Replies

• So, false positives are extremely rare. As long as the line showed up within the timeframe they give you, it's a positive. Why do you think it might be negative? 
  • It's quite rare to get false positives and that looks more positive than my first BFP I got in Jan this year! Congratulations! I would test again in 24-48 hours and the second line should get darker! :) xx
  • Bundaberg said:
    So, false positives are extremely rare. As long as the line showed up within the timeframe they give you, it's a positive. Why do you think it might be negative? 
    Because the line is so faint or maybe I don't feel myself lucky yet  :) Although I followed all the instructions carefully and checked the test after 5 minutes exactly..
  • @Rachel1199 If it gives you any comfort the bottom test in my pics is the first one I ever did then I used a FRER probably 2-3 hours later (top test) and you can see the difference in lines! I'm now 22 weeks! :) It all depends on how much HcG the test requires to show a positive, hence why it can be faint. If you have a FRER to use I would but if you've got another of the same test then it should get darker in the next 48 hours + :) xx

• TeeAli22 said:
    @Rachel1199 If it gives you any comfort the bottom test in my pics is the first one I ever did then I used a FRER probably 2-3 hours later (top test) and you can see the difference in lines! I'm now 22 weeks! :) It all depends on how much HcG the test requires to show a positive, hence why it can be faint. If you have a FRER to use I would but if you've got another of the same test then it should get darker in the next 48 hours + :) xx

Wow many many congratulations, this gives me hope.. I'll surely try testing again after 48 hrs... 
  • I can see a second line test again in a week or so see if your line  gets darker congrats 
  • Hello TeeAli22 Bundaberg Sj83 today I tested again with very first urine in morning. This is how it looks.

Today its 4 weeks 6 days past my last period 

• ++!!! 🤩
  • Abbey2020 said:
    ++!!! 🤩
    Thank you so much 😍 .. I'm little worried though coz I read in lot of forums that faint line in 4th week also means chemical pregnancy.. I just hope that's not the case here 😊 
  • @Rachel1199 that's definitely darker than your first one! Congratulations! :) x
  • I'm heading to week5 today.. I hope everything goes smooth now 😀  

• Hello TeeAli22 Bundaberg Sj83 today I tested again with very first urine in morning. This is how it looks.

Today is 4 weeks and 6 days past my last period.