Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2022

Due in January 2022

Replies

• Yeah my ones I did on the little hcg strips came out so faint. These look good to me. Much prefer the digital ones that tell you how many weeks haha
  • They looks great. I prefer the digital ones too as I just get stressed out with the lines. Congrats :) 
  • I also got 2-3 weeks on a digital🥰
  • When do you all stop testing though? 
  • I got my 3+ weeks on monday and I wont be testing again
  • Hey ladies, hope its ok for me to join. My due date is the 24th. I'm super excited just had a positive pregnancy test yesterday! I am 24, this is our first baby! Hope everything goes well with everyone and everyone is doing ok atm! xx
  • I got my 3+ weeks yesterday so will also stop testing now, I just wanted to see it had progressed well that’s all  :)

congratulations @Sophw this is my first baby too, I’m 27, hope you’re feeling well ! X
  • Has anyone got there thyroid checked or in previous pregnancies? Mine came back a bit high :( kinda of worried 
  • @Jazzy01 no I haven’t sorry I can’t offer any advise but have u spoken to your EPU team if your worried love? Xx
  • Good morning ladies! 
    These are my test from the last days. Today I’m 12 dpo. I planned to do a CB digital tomorrow. But I’m so nervous!!! 
    Feeling fine just some pain on the left side that comes and goes and I feel very bloated.

• Hi lovely’s, I got my invitation letter for the Covid vaccine. I’m completely torn because there really is not sufficient evidence yet about the vaccine in pregnancy ( as the first vaccinated mum hasn’t given birth yet) and I know it’s just simply my choice but I’m so worried. What would you ladies do? xx
  • I think this is such a hard decision/discussion. 

For me I’m torn, but probably more a no than a yes. For the longest time the NHS advised against it; even if you were trying up to 3 months before. 

To now do a 180 and completely change their mind, it makes me nervous.

I don’t know, I’ll discuss with my midwife and weigh the options up xx 

• Yes, this is probably a divisive subject. I work in scientific research and I have had both my vaccines. The only thing I would worry about is the fever if you had the AZ one, not the actual vaccine itself but that is just me and I wouldn't want to advise any one either way. Maybe just have a chat with a midwife or doctor. I think I would probably prefer the vaccine than having covid while pregnant as a lot of people I know had it awful and have long covid.
  • Thanks, it’s difficult for me, I knew it was coming so I’ve done my research. I am in the older late 30’s category but I have no health conditions. Advice everywhere is that it’s personal choice. They encourage us to get it now and have gave the UK the green light to get it so that they have the evidence data later on is my opinion, not because they know it’s 100% safe. Nobody can offer assurances like that. I feel a bit like a test subject xx
  • It’s a really tough one isn’t it. I’ve had Covid in March this year then I had my first dose of vaccine in April and two weeks later got my BFP so I’m due for second vaccine in few weeks but I’m really unsure. I guess for me it’s different as I have the antibodies now and unlikely I will get covid again so my thoughts at the moment are I won’t get my second jag... but it’s such a personal decision. 
  • Anyone else feeling super bloated and with some occasional cramps? Also I got the feeling nauseas are about to kick in and I will be only 4 weeks tomorrow 
  • It’s all kicked in for me! I’ve been sick, constantly feel sick, sore boobs and super tired! Thankfully night sweats seemed to have stopped and sleeping is better! 

I’ve joined a private group on fb called “Due in January 2022- UK” some really reassuring people on there and you can openly talk about it. Which has been good for me, as I’m a first timer! The was worried people could see I’ve joined, but nobody on your fb can see you’re on it. 

:) x
  • It’s a really tough one isn’t it. I’ve had Covid in March this year then I had my first dose of vaccine in April and two weeks later got my BFP so I’m due for second vaccine in few weeks but I’m really unsure. I guess for me it’s different as I have the antibodies now and unlikely I will get covid again so my thoughts at the moment are I won’t get my second jag... but it’s such a personal decision. 
    Thank you, I know it’s difficult , I keep changing my mind. I better hurry up tho, my appointment is Friday evening. How are you feeling anyway? Week 6 coming up? Exciting xx
  • It’s really hard isn’t it these times are so unknown. The thing is u will shield from 28 weeks if your work can’t put a good risk assessment in place so I guess you will know how much contact u have etc and how at risk u are. Sorry I’m not any more help I’m having the exact same thoughts myself.
    I feel good tbh... I have sore boobs and lower back is achey.. I took another digital clearblue yesterday and got 3+ so kinda puts mind at ease that my HCG is going up. I have another scan a week tomorrow have my fingers crossed we see heartbeat. How are you feeling?? Xx
  • It’s really hard isn’t it these times are so unknown. The thing is u will shield from 28 weeks if your work can’t put a good risk assessment in place so I guess you will know how much contact u have etc and how at risk u are. Sorry I’m not any more help I’m having the exact same thoughts myself.
    I feel good tbh... I have sore boobs and lower back is achey.. I took another digital clearblue yesterday and got 3+ so kinda puts mind at ease that my HCG is going up. I have another scan a week tomorrow have my fingers crossed we see heartbeat. How are you feeling?? Xx
    I work from home and will be until I finish up for mat leave 🤞🏼( fingers crossed all going well) I really don’t go out much apart from walks with my 2 year old. I do online shopping and anything else my partner picks things up so I lead a rather shielded life just now anyway. My little one starts nursery after the summer so there’s the risk that he brings Covid home I suppose. 

It’s a difficult one. 

Aww, seeing the little racing heart 🤍 just magical. Yeah I’m doing ok thanks, main thing for me this week is tiredness and not feeling like much to eat. Even foods I usually love! 🤢 nauseous. Plus we’re just so worried history repeating itself with this little one xx