Forum home Product Tests Product tests

Winalot’s Meaty Chunks in Jelly dog food pouches: the feedback review thread

Hello. 

This is the feedback thread for those of you who are testing the Winalot’s Meaty Chunks in Jelly dog food pouches as part of our latest MadeForMums product test.

Please give us your feedback on this thread by answering the following 5 questions and providing your pictures of your dog.

Everyone who leaves quality feedback by answering all 5 questions and providing pictures (and is part of our product test) will be entered into a draw to win the £300 Amazon voucher.

Feedback Questions

1. What did you think of the Winalot Meaty Chunks in Jelly Pouches dog food upon receiving it?
2. Please tell us how your dog responded to the Winalot dog food?
3. Please share with us a picture of your dog eating the Winalot dog food. (To upload a picture, press the little ‘attach image’ button in the textbox toolbar)
4. At £9.50 for a box of 40 x 100g pouches of food, do you think this is good value for money?
5. Would you recommend the Winalot Meaty Chunks in Jelly Pouches to other dog owners?

Thank you for providing your feedback and good luck.

Note: We may request to share your feedback comments and images with Nestle, the owners of the Winalot, for their future advertising and marketing material. See full Ts&Cs here.

Replies

• good morning. Hope your all well. This dog food went down a treat with the pooches in this house. 
    I love the size of the box and the one serve pouches. Makes it so much easier and there’s no smelly tins left open in the fridge. 
    I opened the pouches to serve them up and  fudge was so excited  (she smiles when she’s happy) so her teeth was on show for a good while lol. 
    As soon as I placed the food in the bowls on the floor it was like they had never been fed before. Literally they are at all up in seconds and both was there licking every last bit of jelly of the bowl. 
    I really think these are good value for money cause you get 40 pouches and there is no waste. These will be fab when we go away in the caravan. 
    If your dogs love tasty food snd you like to serve them the best and want a quick clean way to feed your dog I would defo recommend these pouches. 
  • Good morning,

Freddie has really enjoyed testing out the Winalot pouches! 

First impression upon receiving the dog food was good, nice compact box storing the pouches and recognisable branding on the box. Pouches were easy to open and not messy.

Freddie’s reaction was great, he really enjoyed the food and couldn’t wait to eat it after smelling the pouch open. He finished it all up in one go which isn’t something that always happens, it must have been tasty! 

I think they’re really good value for money as for 4kg of food that’s pretty good going and as my dog was so happy to eat it it makes it even more worth it. The portion size is perfect, much better than keeping a can open over a couple of days and potentially wasting some. 

Overall, I would definitely recommend this to a fellow dog owner and Freddie would recommend it to his doggy pals! We look forward to using the rest of the box!
  • Hi! 
    Really impressed with the packaging for the Winalot pouches. The box wasn’t oversized for the amount of pouches (which often happens) and it looked more expensive than it was! 
    Barney is normally quite fussy with dog food so we haven’t tried a different brand for a few years now. However, I was pleasantly surprised by his reaction to this dog food as he ate it straight away! He also hasn’t had any bad gas (sorry) which often happens when we’ve changed dog food in the past. He is definitely a fan! 
    It’s definitely good value for money when compared with other reputable brands. As Barney is so keen on this dog food I am actually going to switch to it now. 
    Would definitely recommend 😁
  • Hi! 

Here are Poppy and Lexi and we want to tell you about what we thought of winalot dog food. 

When we first received the food I was impressed by the packaging and the amount of pouches included. The only down side for us is how small the pouches are, we had to use two each. However I understand that this also suits everyone as can be used for the smallest dogs to the bigger, it would just be more costly for us. 

As soon as the box was put on the floor poppy and Lexi were instantly attracted to it and we struggled to get a photo as they seemed to be so excited. Whilst preparing their food they were sat at my feet, they knew they were going to get something yummy. Safe to say winalot didn't disappoint. The dogs were pushing their bowls around the floor trying to eat as quick as they could and then went to each others bowl to check each other hadn't left anything. 

We definitely think winalot is good value for money. Even with having to use 2 pouches per dog buying in bulk at 40pouches works out still much cheaper than other brands. 

I would surely recommend winalot meaty chunk pouches, and I'm 100% sure poppy and Lexi would too. 
  • Bailey has LOVED testing the Winalot dog food. Even though I was expecting the food, it was a surprise knock at the door! The box was a lot bigger than I expected meaning more food for my doggy. Unfortunately the box had been damaged in transit but that didn’t affect the food or the pouches inside. 

The box details all the ingredients and nutritional value including what’s suitable for what size dog. There was a lot of information on the box but didn’t feel overwhelming. 

Each flavour 10x lamb and green beans, 10x chicken and peas and 20x beef and carrots were evenly distributed into sections so it is easy to grab an option when it comes to serving Baileys food. I also appreciated that it was a tearable top and opening the pouches didn’t require scissors. The food is a lot easier to get out from the pouches than tins! 

Bailey enjoyed all the flavours and licked every bowl full clean. I felt good knowing the food was suitable and healthy for him. It was nice to see lumps of carrots and whole peas in their respective pouches. I think the price for the amount you get is very reasonable especially when it is so well made for dogs. 

I would highly recommend this product to my doggy friends. Plus the ease of use, this product would work well in a doggy day care/kennels etc. 

Thank you for letting us test the food! 

• 1. What did you think of the Winalot Meaty Chunks in Jelly Pouches dog food upon receiving it? The size of the box was great and the pouches are really easy to open and empty the contents out. 

2. Please tell us how your dog responded to the Winalot dog food? Stanley loved the flavours and the portion sizes were perfect 

4. At £9.50 for a box of 40 x 100g pouches of food, do you think this is good value for money? Yes I think this is great value 

5. Would you recommend the Winalot Meaty Chunks in Jelly Pouches to other dog owners? Yes I would 
  • 1. What did you think of the Winalot Meaty Chunks in Jelly Pouches dog food upon receiving it? Packaged well! The pouches feel very hard wearing, yet easy to open. The design is nice and it gives you all the information needed. I do prefer a higher weighted pouch but that’s my own personal preference for
    my dog.
    2. Please tell us how your dog responded to the Winalot dog food? Jack Jack loves Winalot, you definitely have a converted doggie here. Our dogs are usually very fussy, but Jack loves a pouch of Winalot. It’s gone in seconds with my Jack. 
    3. Please share with us a picture of your dog eating the Winalot dog food. (To upload a picture, press the little ‘attach image’ button in the textbox toolbar)
    4. At £9.50 for a box of 40 x 100g pouches of food, do you think this is good value for money? Yes! Definitely value for money. We usually spend at least twice the amount on other foods. 
    5. Would you recommend the Winalot Meaty Chunks in Jelly Pouches to other dog owners? Without a doubt! My mother is going to get some for her dog.
  • 1. Upon receiving the food pouch package, I was impressed with the size of the box as I didn't expect it to be so large. The box was also well packaged for storage. I thought the pouches looked small initially but was surprised to find how much they actually contained. The tear along opening was super handy which saved time opening for a super excited pooch. 

2. Lola was so excited to try the new food. The minute the packet was opened she wanted to tuck straight in .. it was nearly impossible to get a photo as she couldn't wait to eat it. I mixed the winalot pouches with her normal dry food (she always has a combination) and she ate all of the pouch and left her dry food behind which she never does. She loved every flavour even though she wouldn't normally eat green beans. A big hit from Lola and no trouble with her digestive system afterwards either. 

4. I was surprised that the price was so reasonable and think it is great value for money. No wastage either which compared to the tins which is great. I would definitely buy again. 

5. I would definitely recommend the winalot pouches to anyone who wants tasty wholesome food for their dog. Great product, easy to take with you on the go and perfect alone or mixed with dry food. Perfect size for a small dog and just increase the number of pouches for larger dogs.

• On receiving the dog food I was impressed by the packaging and the ease to open the box compared to other brands. The pouches were packaged well in the box and easy to remove for storage.

I quite like the green and white packaging Of the pouches and they were easy to open. 

The pouches were surprisingly full and the contents came out with ease. The contents of the pouches looked good too and I was impressed by how meaty they looked. 

I gave the food to maple and she instantly smelt and ate the food straight away (which is unlike her she usually leaves it an hour or so). I was very surprised by her response to the food as she can be a bit fussy. Maple is definitely converted to Winalot as I’ve not known her to respond so well to wet food - she licked the bowl clean!! She has definitely been a happy full doggy since!

I liked the fact that you could actually see the vegetables in the food!  

I think that the food is comparable to other brands at £9.50 and I would 100% pay that for them! The product is easy to use with no wastage. 

I would recommend the pouches to others I have been impressed and I am converted to the new brand for Maple. They are a great product for any dog their appear to provide good nutrition and taste! I usually mix maples food with dry biscuits but have yet to do that with these pouches! 

Overall a great product by Winalot!  

• Hiya,

Thank you so much for allowing us to take part in the testing of the dog food - by us, let me just clarify - it definately only Miles (our westiepoo) actually testing the food! 😂

My first impressions of the Winalot pouches was a good one! I thought the packaging gives off the impression is a trustworthy brand of a good standard. I like the colours of the packaging and this k it would stand out well amongst its competitors. 

Our pooch has become a little fussy with his food lately so this opportunity was right up out street. We got a kitten about 6 months ago who has wet food and I think Miles has since been pretty jealous and bored of his usual dried food. We served him up a bowl of the winalot and I have never seen him so happy! It was like his year was made! Judging by the empty bowl at the end - he loved it!! 

At £9.50 for a box of 40 pouches, I do think this is good value for money and will 100% be repurchasing for Miles. He’s eaten incredibly well since being on this new food so we will now be sticking with it. I will most definitely 
    recommend the Winalot Meaty Chunks in Jelly Pouches to other dog owners - a big thumbs up from me and Miles! 
  • I just want to first thank you for allowing us to test out this dog food, Harry and Sam have certainly enjoyed it and I think the cat was a little jealous :D

1. What did you think of the Winalot Meaty Chunks in Jelly Pouches dog food upon receiving it?
    I thought it was a really good sized box, was glad to see that there was not an excess of packaging and unnecessary plastic wrapping and the box could be recycled. On opening I did think the pouches were a little on the small size, which means my dogs need two pouches per meal. The tear open packets are really handy although I wish they were made from material that could be recycled. 

My dogs have really enjoyed the food and have left empty bowls each time. 

4. At £9.50 for a box of 40 x 100g pouches of food, do you think this is good value for money?
    I think it is good value for money, even with large or greedy dogs that need more then one pouch, it still is a really good price for the amount of food.

5. Would you recommend the Winalot Meaty Chunks in Jelly Pouches to other dog owners?
    Yes I would and I would go out and buy these again. 
  • We loved testing this generous sample of dog foods, not a brand we were familiar with before

The packaging was great, for 40 meals it was nice and compact which means easy storage for us. The packaging is attractive too. The pouches are a good size for small dogs with lots of variety in the box. 

They knew straight away that the box was for them and they were both super excited to help product test. There was an initial sniff test but then they both demolished each flavour we put infront of them

Will upload at the end

I think this is excellent value for money, the pouches are filled with meat chunks with lots of nutrients. I think its really important to buy high quality animal food and you can tell that the ingredients in this are high quality and well worth 9.50

I already have! I gave my mum a couple of pouches for her jack russel to try and he loved them too, ill definitely be recommending

• I was impressed when I received my box of Winalot Meaty Chunks in Jelly. I liked that it included a variety of different flavours, the pouches were easy to store and convenient to use as there is no leaving stinky open tins in the fridge etc.

My two dogs both enjoyed the product, wolfing them down every time! Angus had a bit of an upset tummy for the first few days but Im sure it was just down to his body adjusting to a new food, plus they was definitely less faffing around at feeding times as the pouches were quick and easy to serve (squish/break up as you squeeze instead of having to mash with a fork etc like other wet dog foods ive used).

At £9.50 for a box of 40 pouches I think its excellent value for money, especially for the convenience of a simple rip to open pouch compared to tins or trays. The pouches would be easy for feeding on the go, for example a camping trip! I would recommend this product to other dog owners and will continue to use the food for my dogs.

• 1. What did you think of the Winalot Meaty Chunks in Jelly Pouches dog food upon receiving it?

I was very happy upon receiving the Winalot pouches! There was a really good variety of flavours and the pouches are so useful to grab and go, which we did for a day we spent away from home. They’re so convenient to just pop in your bag and no need for a tin opener or to re-seal any packaging. 

I think the box packaging is very appealing, however the only thing I would say is that the actual pouch packaging is maybe a bit plain, but not exactly a deal breaker! 

Allen was so excited every time I opened a pouch for her! She came running for every single meal and waited eagerly by her bowl until it was time to dig in! She finished every single serving and even licked the bowl clean too (as you can see in one of the pictures), so I’d happily say it’s a big paws up from Allen! 

Attached 

I think for £9.50 for 40 pouches this is extremely good value for money. It makes a nice quality dog food very affordable which is often a consideration. 

From Allen’s response to the Winalot pouches I would absolutely recommend them to other dog owners. They seemed to leave her very satisfied after each meal and didn’t upset her tummy at all which can sometimes happen when switching to a different food. Overall we are very happy customers!

• Baxter really enjoyed eating Winalot meaty chunks especially the lamb with green beans. The sachets were easy to open and I gave Baxter two of them as he still seemed hungry after eating just one. He had softer stools for a few days but this soon went back to normal. The price is great value at £9.50 for a box of 40 so compares very well with our normal brand. My daughters dog visited and we gave him some to try he loved it as well. I’d recommend other dog owners to try these Winalot meaty pouches they are great to use and my dog did enjoy eating all varieties.
  • 1. What did you think of the Winalot Meaty Chunks in Jelly Pouches dog food upon receiving it?

My first thoughts were it was a great size box with a lot of variety. Handy portioned pouches so not having to rinse and stack loads of tins and was looking forward to let Sadie try them out.

Surprisingly as our dog can be quite fussy she actually really enjoyed all the flavours and ate them without turning her nose up, and was more excited about meal times.

Yes I think £9.50 for a box of 40 is definitely good value especially as Sadie really enjoyed them.

I would recommend to other dog owners and have already recommended to other friends and family already 

When I received the box, it seemed like a good size but also it was pretty compact for the amount of dog food it contained. The pouches are the perfect size for my dog, Hugo, who is a Cavapoo so a relatively small dog. I loved the fact that you can just tear them open and that there is nothing wasted as I’m not overly keen on keeping dog food that is opened. Therefore, these pouches suited us perfectly. They also don’t have a strong smell and are very easy to use, which I really liked as I don’t like using them if they are messy or smell too strong!

Hugo has loved eating the food. He was giddy when I was opening them for him and ate it very quickly in comparison to other dog food I have used. He really seemed to enjoy them and barked for more. He can sometimes be fussy and refuse to eat some dog foods but he had no problems eating the Winalot dog food. He really did look like he enjoyed all of the flavours. 

3. Please share with us a picture.
    pictures attached.

Yes I do. Hugo really liked them, there was no mess or no waste. They are easy and compact to store and very quick and easy to use, which is important to me. The most important thing is that Hugo enjoyed them, therefore they are very good value!

Yes I would and I will be using these again. Hugo has been eating this food for about 9 days now and he’s still excited when I open them and he literally eats it within 10 seconds and looks for more. If he’s happy, I’m happy buying them! Thanks for letting Hugo test them.

• 1. On receiving the Winalot sample I was impressed with the size and overall packaging. I like how the pouches were divided up into the different flavours inside. On opening the pouch one thing that really impressed me was the size of the meat chunks and the vegetables eg carrots. It made it a very appealing food choice. 

2. As soon as I opened the pouch molly was rushing around excited to eat it. As soon as I presented the bowl to her she immediately started to eat the food and finished it in no time. Normally she would sniff out a new type of food first but she ate the winalot straight away. 

3. See photos

4. I think the price for the amount of pouches represents good value for money and I will purchase the product going forward. I like the fact it is a large pack. Less trips to the shops for dog food. 

5. Yes I would highly recommend this product. I loved the size and value of the box and the meat chunks. Molly loved it which is a huge positive. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions