Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2022

Due in January 2022

Replies

• @H27B awww congrats on the scan :) it is so reassuring isn’t it.... 
    we had one today too. Measuring 7+5 and I thought I should be 8 so we are def catching up. Baby grown 8 days in 6 days. Lady told me to ignore the few days but so hard. 
    I’m feeling ok minus tiredness and hunger!! I don’t know if we will make it to 12 weeks without people guessing tbh as my tummy is so bloated. 
    I know most people are desp to get to 12 weeks but I can’t wait to get to 10 weeks as that’s the furthest we have gone since my youngest. Xx
  • @Thirdbabymaybe thank you! It really is! I’m feeling the same hungry all the time and I’m super bloated. 

Ahh fingers crossed everything is okay for you, must be so worrying but try not to stress. X
  • Hi everyone,

I'm pregnant with my second and my due date is around the 28th. I had been trying to lose weight before finding out I was pregnant and I weigh myself every day (I know it isn't healthy but I'm down a rabbit hole). In nearly 3 weeks (will be 3 weeks on Thursday) I have gained 9lbs. I know you gain weight in pregnancy, but not this much this soon... I'm still going to the gym and trying to eat as healthy as possible, and the majority of days I'm consuming 1600 calories, so I'm normally always in a calorie deficit. I have no idea why I am gaining so much weight so quickly. I haven't had my booking appointment yet so I don't have a midwife, and I'm not sure if it is appropriate to text my last midwife or not...

Has anyone experienced the same excessive weight gain or know any possible explanations for why I am?

Sorry for the long post but I'm at my wits end
  • Hello ladies..

Unfortunately had some bad news at my scan. LMP put me at 7+2 yesterday (scan day) and they said the embryo measured 6+1 and could not detect a heartbeat. I am literally in pieces, just cannot believe this is happening.

I am being referred to the Early Pregnancy Unit but not sure when I'll be seen. I don't have any symptons so I'm guessing a missed miscarriage. I know it is not totally uncommon to see a heartbeat at 6+1 but I know my dates are correct as I used OPK's and 6+1 would mean I tested positive about 4 days after conception so that seems impossible. Seems much more likely the baby stopped growing at 6+1 plus at 5.3mm you would expect to see the heartbeat.

Anyway I will try and remain positive and I guess it is reassuring to know we can conceive but that scan experience was absolutely devastating.

:(
  • @BLily190 I’m so sorry you have had such a tough few days... I don’t want to say anything that will upset you as I know how Raw your feelings will be and trying to get some clarity too. 
    I know your positive of your dates and again I don’t want to say anything that makes this even harder. I’ve been there before and know all to well u will be praying for a miracle. This is an amazing community of women and regardless what the next few days or weeks being there will always be someone at other end of the screen having been through or going through what you are babe, best advise i could give as really helped me voicing my story and talking to other ladies. 
    Thinking of you ❤️❤️❤️
  • @Thirdbabymaybe Thank you so much for the kind words it really means so much. I was scared to even put this out there.. I feel a little better today as I have sort of prepared myself for the worst. I am booked in for a scan on Monday with EPU so hopefully will get a definitive answer and can start moving forwards, I also had a good long chat with a senior midwife who was very honest with me.

Praying I fall into the no doubt 1% of women who get the miracle happy endings but if it wasn't meant to be we shall not give up hope of having our baby. I'm 32 and OH is 37 and we got pregnant on month 4 of TTC with #1 baby. I guess that is something.

xxxxx
  • H27B said:
    I’ve been the exact same as you both, so nauseas but haven’t been sick and also feel fine one minute then absolutely starving the next but with no idea what to eat! I seem to be hungry so quickly after eating too, hoping that goes soon and I can go back to a normal appetite. 

I’ve not been too emotional to be honest I thought I’d be worse, I did get emotional today though when we told our families, we hadn’t told anybody for 4 weeks it was so hard to keep it in! X
    Aww, Perfectly understandable, I think most would tear up telling family ☺️ I cry and laugh at the same time I’m a wreck at the moment lolx 
  • BLily190 said:
    Hello ladies..

Unfortunately had some bad news at my scan. LMP put me at 7+2 yesterday (scan day) and they said the embryo measured 6+1 and could not detect a heartbeat. I am literally in pieces, just cannot believe this is happening.

I am being referred to the Early Pregnancy Unit but not sure when I'll be seen. I don't have any symptons so I'm guessing a missed miscarriage. I know it is not totally uncommon to see a heartbeat at 6+1 but I know my dates are correct as I used OPK's and 6+1 would mean I tested positive about 4 days after conception so that seems impossible. Seems much more likely the baby stopped growing at 6+1 plus at 5.3mm you would expect to see the heartbeat.

Anyway I will try and remain positive and I guess it is reassuring to know we can conceive but that scan experience was absolutely devastating.

:(
    Aww honey, I’m sorry you are going through this. I have experienced similar this year so really do know how it feels. Keep the positive attitude, you are being so strong, thinking of you ❤️
  • @H27B awww congrats on the scan :) it is so reassuring isn’t it.... 
    we had one today too. Measuring 7+5 and I thought I should be 8 so we are def catching up. Baby grown 8 days in 6 days. Lady told me to ignore the few days but so hard. 
    I’m feeling ok minus tiredness and hunger!! I don’t know if we will make it to 12 weeks without people guessing tbh as my tummy is so bloated. 
    I know most people are desp to get to 12 weeks but I can’t wait to get to 10 weeks as that’s the furthest we have gone since my youngest. Xx
    That’s great about your scan, it throws you off when they change the stage your at and due date you expected doesn’t it! On Friday I’m expecting them to say I’m 8 + 5 but let’s see. Tbh all I want to hear is baby is developing nicely and they see a heartbeat. Here’s counting down to your 10 weeks ☺️xx
  • I have ended up booking another scan for Sunday, I thought after my last I would be reassured enough to wait for the 12 week scan but I’m really anxious today and off the back of that have booked one for Sunday! It’s more because I don’t feel nauseous anymore and my sore boobs seem to have eased off now. I am 9 + 2 today and have read it can be normal for your symptoms to come and go or dip off around now anyway, but I can’t help worrying either! Sunday now feels so far away I feel very silly to be honest worrying so much. 

Anyone else feeling a little anxious and just want to see the baby all the time? 

• @H27B I feel exactly the same I have a scan booked for next weekend. Feel like until I get to 12 weeks I just can’t rest easy xx
  • ARoseatdawnARoseatdawn Regular
    edited Jun 11, 2021 2:19PM
    H27B said:
    I have ended up booking another scan for Sunday, I thought after my last I would be reassured enough to wait for the 12 week scan but I’m really anxious today and off the back of that have booked one for Sunday! It’s more because I don’t feel nauseous anymore and my sore boobs seem to have eased off now. I am 9 + 2 today and have read it can be normal for your symptoms to come and go or dip off around now anyway, but I can’t help worrying either! Sunday now feels so far away I feel very silly to be honest worrying so much. 

Anyone else feeling a little anxious and just want to see the baby all the time? 

I’m 9+4 and I’m the same as you symptoms wise from a few days ago I have a scan booked on Wednesday 
    Let us know how you get on!
    and yes I want to see my baby all the time Iv not seen it since 7+2
    xx
  • @Lou_lou234 I feel the same keep telling myself I will relax then but I’m not quite sure we ever will. Lovely that you have a scan booked though something to count down to! Xx

@ARoseatdawn that makes me feel better that you have felt similar, I will definitely let you know on Sunday how it goes! Ahh it will have grown so much when you go it will be a lovely change for you to see! Xx
  • Hello everyone. Congrats to everyone in here on this journey ☺️

Hope it’s ok to follow along. Strictly speaking I’m think I’m due early feb but my first baby arrived a month early so potentially could be anywhere from early Jan!   

Im 33, have a 14 month old and 6 weeks pregnant with baby no 2.  Bit unsure of dates as I fell pregnant straight off the mini Pill. 

Am wondering whether to book a scan for around 8 weeks just to get more of an idea of dates more than anything! 

So far been feeling a bit sick, super hungry all the time and exhausted! 
  • Hello everyone. Congrats to everyone in here on this journey ☺️

Hope it’s ok to follow along. Strictly speaking I’m think I’m due early feb but my first baby arrived a month early so potentially could be anywhere from early Jan!   

Im 33, have a 14 month old and 6 weeks pregnant with baby no 2.  Bit unsure of dates as I fell pregnant straight off the mini Pill. 

Am wondering whether to book a scan for around 8 weeks just to get more of an idea of dates more than anything! 

So far been feeling a bit sick, super hungry all the time and exhausted! 
    Hello and congratulations!! 

If it will make you more reassured and if you want to know your dates then I would book it, it’s so hard to wait for 12 weeks isn’t it! And it’s just lovely seeing that everything is okay early on. 

I was the exact same earlier on, hungry constantly as well as feeling slightly sick and very tired. Everything has eased off but the last couple of days I’ve been super tired again. I think it will just come and go from what I’ve heard, this is my first so I have nothing to compare it to. Xx
  • @H27B
    hope everything goes well for you today ☺️
  • @H27B
    Thank you so much I’ve just got back and everything is great, my worries where for nothing! I saw him/her wriggling about and the heartbeat flickering away, she also put a little thermal type thing on the scan and I could see the blood pumping around which was lovely.

I can now stop worrying for a little bit 😅 let me know how you get on, on Wednesday ☺️
  • How far along are you @H27B xx
  • H27B said:
    @H27B
    Thank you so much I’ve just got back and everything is great, my worries where for nothing! I saw him/her wriggling about and the heartbeat flickering away, she also put a little thermal type thing on the scan and I could see the blood pumping around which was lovely.

I can now stop worrying for a little bit 😅 let me know how you get on, on Wednesday ☺️
    Oh I’m so glad everything went perfectly I’ll post on wed not going till the evening so feel like I have such a long wait xx
  • @H27B awww amazing news :) it’s so reassuring isn’t it. God knows how ladies did it pre scans! So thankfully private scan clinics are back open.. I would have been climbing the
    walls with worry. We have another one booked for Friday of this week. Xx