Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Spotting a week after period ended... Implantation??

Had my period and it lasted the usual 6 days. Then 7 days later I started spotting it's been light and pinkish brown. I took a test thinking it mightve been implantation bleeding?? Think it's a faint possitive but i can't be sure. 

Replies

• Depends on your cycle. Implantation happens around 6-12 dpo. Your AF was 6 days, and you're 7 days after your period, which would leave you at cd 13. How long are your cycles? I take it you don't track your ovulation, so you'd have to calculate that in order to know how many dpos you are or might be. 
    CD13 is very early. If we take an average 28 day cycle, and let's say you have a regular 13 day luteal phase, your ovulation would be around cd 14. 
    Or other way round: let's say your implantation would be 6 days after ovulation, so very early, would mean your ovulation would have been right after your AF ended. So your normal cycle would be 20 days. It's not impossible, just very early?
  • Bundaberg said:
    Depends on your cycle. Implantation happens around 6-12 dpo. Your AF was 6 days, and you're 7 days after your period, which would leave you at cd 13. How long are your cycles? I take it you don't track your ovulation, so you'd have to calculate that in order to know how many dpos you are or might be. 
    CD13 is very early. If we take an average 28 day cycle, and let's say you have a regular 13 day luteal phase, your ovulation would be around cd 14. 
    Or other way round: let's say your implantation would be 6 days after ovulation, so very early, would mean your ovulation would have been right after your AF ended. So your normal cycle would be 20 days. It's not impossible, just very early?
    So basically, you're right, I don't track ovulation. I do have a period app that I've used for years so it's pretty accurate and according to it I ovulated the week of the 17th of May. I then got my period on 30 May and was due to be ovulating the week following  after my period finished on 4 June, and I'm sure I did because I had the type of discharge which I always get when ovulating. Then I started spotting on 11 June. It's never happened to me before, I've never had spotting or any bleeding outside of my period so that's why I was considering the idea of implantation but I wasn't and still am not sure tbh 
  • So your cycles are normally only around 20 days? If so, it's totally possible that you're having implantation spotting. You'd be 7dpo now. Unless you did something new this cycle, new vitamins or something like that?
  • Jade753Jade753 Regular
    edited Jun 15, 2021 4:01PM
    @Bundaberg
    They have been for the past few months but before that they were a lot longer. I actually didn't have a period for 3 months at one point. Nope, I've not started vitamins or anything like that. Not sure what's going on, I just don't want to get my hopes up because I know it's unlikely a pregnancy, but there's a small possibility so I'd like to know for sure