Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive

Testing in June thread 🌞

Replies

• Littlebirdie- it's hard knowing what is a side effect and what would have happened anyway. When do you have your second jab? 
  • @hannah22 yh been testing 2 to 3 times a day not drinking loads etc but just once I'd at start. I may have missed it who knows but I dont feel hopeful for this month. Kinda takes the pressure off of testing though as I'm not gonna bother xx 
  • @hannah22 here see what I mean? 

• Hi ladies, quick question, if you were to only dtd once in your cycle, when would the optimal time be? Day before positive OV test, day of, somewhen else? (Not that we're trying to only dtd once, but life gets in the way far too easily sometimes!)
  • Thank you @hannah22 for sharing. Unfortunately they do not give out pfizer here.. I will wait out for a bit. I am 5 days DPO and still waiting..
  • MrsD90 said:
    Hi ladies, quick question, if you were to only dtd once in your cycle, when would the optimal time be? Day before positive OV test, day of, somewhen else? (Not that we're trying to only dtd once, but life gets in the way far too easily sometimes!)
    Day before peak gives you the best chance xx
  • Hey guys so I'm out this month.. currently on cd2. AF came a week early so assuming I had annovulatory cycle or my peak was much earlier than expecting n missed it. Either way on to next one. Planning a pamper n self care! This will be cycle 21 of ttc cant believe it has taken so long xx 
  • Poca92Poca92 Regular
    edited Jun 22, 2021 4:09AM
    @Jessiebella I'd say you probably ovulated earlier than expected. I had one of those cycles where I ovulated right at the end of AF and my cycle was 21 days long. Annovulatory cycles are normally longer than the average cycle and not shorter.

Sorry that its taking you so long to conceive. Hoping things turn around for you soon. 
  • @Poca92 thanks babe.. I've never had such a short cycle before. First month starting myo inositol so I'm assuming its that. Because I never found peak I never got Hope's up this month so I'm alot more chilled xx 
  • Jessiebella- hi sorry only just replying. Bit too late to reply to your test sticks question now. I did look at my test sticks pamphlet which said that the test line isn't always as strong as the test line. But as your af has come now it's more likely you've missed it. 
    I had never heard of myoinositol before, fingers crossed it helps! Sometimes having a break even if only one cycle helps with the stress. No analysing everything in the 2ww! Xx
  • So I’m out this month. Wasn’t trying to get my hopes up especially with being first ttc cycle after a two month break and limited chances to bd...but when you reach af day and she appears, the heartache doesn’t get any easier especially after we saw our niece for the first time in a year this weekend and she rubbed my tummy and asked baby? 😭 Will dust myself off and keep trying of course but also wondering how long to keep trying before seeing a doctor to check whether we can actually conceive or not (I’m 37 in October) 
  • @hannah22 feel like I have had a break as I never found my peak I never thought I was so didnt symptom spot.. then af was a week earlier than I though so was a 1ww Haha..  well see this month. How about you? Where are you at now? 

@Emmstar84 how long have you been ttc. It's quite a long process to be referred I'm waiting for OH SA then we can get our referral sent wish I did it sooner. We were just hoping that it would happen I guess xx 

• Emmastar84- I completely get you. I tell myself that I'm probably not pregnant as I think it will be easier if the af does come. But it's not easier really, I feel down for about a week and then as you said pick yourself up and try again. I'm older than you are, I'm 38 (May). I've read that over 35 you should seek help after six months of trying but both my doctors, I live in France , say a year. I'm not entirely comfortable with waiting that long so will see my doctor again if it doesn't happen for me sooner than that. Having other people know you are trying adds more pressure which is why we haven't told anyone other than the doc. It's hard when well meaning people ask when we are going to have another and brushing them off with a hmm maybe. 

Jessiebella- hi, a 1 ww is easier! I'm currently on day 23 of my cycle so roughly another week to go. I was late by a couple of days this month and got my hopes up a little bit so just to torture myself I'm going to do a 3ww. So if I am just a little late I don't go through the pain of getting a big fat negative. It's easier just having the af arrive than the test..
    Good luck this month!!
  • @Jessiebella @hannah22 it’s been about 8 months of ttc now which I know isn’t long in the scheme of things but I think my age definitely is starting to concern me. Think we might try the next couple of cycles and then see what we do if those are unsuccessful. @hannah22 we’ve kept it quite quiet too although I’ve mentioned it to my sister in law. She is supportive of course but it is difficult when she conceived straight away after they got married. Fingers crossed we all get our lucky break soon xx
  • Hi all,
    Currently in the 2WW but enjoying cornwall, so its helping me to try to focus on enjoying our holiday and not focus heavily on TTC.
    It's hard to switch off from it, so it's still in my thoughts a lot of the day.  I am thinking of u all and sorry for those who af has reared her ugly head. 
    Baby dust to all xxxx
  • Hey guys so I'm out this month.. currently on cd2. AF came a week early so assuming I had annovulatory cycle or my peak was much earlier than expecting n missed it. Either way on to next one. Planning a pamper n self care! This will be cycle 21 of ttc cant believe it has taken so long xx 
    So sorry af came lovely. Never gets easier does it xx
  • @hannah22 1ww was defo easier Haha! I'm always the same then I cave 😂😂

@Emmstar84 I've been ttc 21 cycles now went to gp in March so took a few months to get tests done. Waiting for SA results then can get referred but I dont know how long that wait will be so I'd suggest going sooner n get the ball rolling n if you catch in the mean time then you can cancel. Hope that helps

@_Abby_ aww glad you're enjoying yourself! Just relax n enjoy your time plenty of time when you get back! Have you had good weather? 

@SP28 thanks babe I wasnt too bad this month as I was expecting it I didnt find my peak n didnt dtd much either so didnt think I was xx 
  • @Jessiebella back next sunday, so a nice 2 week break, right over the 2WW! Not planned that way, just happened to be lucky with it! 🤣

Hope you're ready for ur next cycle....hopefully it's a lucky one! Xxx
  • Thank you @Jessiebella - I hope you get your positive soon xx
  • @_Abby_ @Emmstar84 thanks ladies! Same to you both 🤞🤞🤞 had acupuncture yest so well see what happens xx