Forum home Product Tests Product tests

Silver Cross Motion All Size 360 car seat: the feedback review thread

Hello. 

This is the feedback thread for those of you who are testing the Silver Cross Motion All Size 360 car seat as part of our latest MadeForMums product test.

Please give us your feedback on this thread by answering the following 5 questions and providing your pictures of your baby/child using the car seat.

Everyone who leaves quality feedback by answering all 5 questions and providing pictures (and is part of our product test) will be entered into a draw to win the £200 Amazon voucher.

Feedback Questions

1. What did you think of the Silver Cross Motion All Size 360 car seat when it arrived?
2. How did you find installing and using the Silver Cross Motion All Size 360 car seat into your car?
3. How did you find the 360° rotation function of the seat?
4. How comfortable do you think your baby/child found the Motion All Size 360 car seat?
5. Would you recommend the Silver Cross Motion All Size 360 car seat to other parents and carers? 

Thank you for providing your feedback and good luck.

Note: Any comments and pictures you post on our Feedback thread may be used Silver Cross in future advertising and marketing material. See full Ts&Cs here

Replies

• 1. What did you think of the Silver Cross Motion All Size 360 car seat when it arrived?

The car seat arrived very well packaged and we were very excited to open it. Our first thought when opening the box was how amazing the quality was - and this was before even touching it! The seat looks incredibly comfortable - plenty of padding in all the right places for even the tiniest of babies. I love the colour as it is neutral and blends in nicely with the interior of my car.

2. How did you find installing and using the Silver Cross Motion All Size 360 car seat into your car?

I was worried about this and expected it to be really complex but it was so simple. It was my first time using an Isofix and I am now a convert! The instructions were easy to follow and the green/red indicators are amazing and such a useful feature providing me with the necessary reassurance that I have installed the seat correctly. The car seat itself is quite heavy but I appreciate that this is due to the inbuilt Isofix base. It was a bit tricky getting it into the back of my car (it is a small, three door car) but I did manage to do it. I really enjoy using this seat as it is just so easy! I can easily and quickly lengthen/shorten the harness which is what you need when you have an unhappy child! I love that there are no metal parts which can heat up and cause burns on hot days. There is also plenty of padding around the buckle area so you don't need to worry about chubby thighs getting pinched!

For me, this feature is an absolute game changer! I have a small (3 door) car and the ability to rotate the seat means that I can sit my baby in the seat/take him out without having to awkwardly climb in and out the car itself which, with babe in arms, is most definitely not safe. It's so easy to rotate the seat and the children really enjoyed swivelling around in it too. 

4. How comfortable do you think your baby/child found the Motion All Size 360 car seat?

Very comfortable! The seat has loads of cushioning and support. My baby always falls asleep in the car and he looks so content and comfortable. My daughter (4 years) really enjoys using this seat and prefers it to her old one. The head support is fantastic in comparison to other seats I have used; especially when used for older children. My daughter had very little support in her old seat so when she fell asleep, she would be extremely uncomfortable. This seat is miles better and together with the different recline options, helps to ensure maximum comfort for children.

5. Would you recommend the Silver Cross Motion All Size 360 car seat to other parents and carers? 

110% yes! This is by far the best car seat I have come across. It oozes the Silver Cross quality you would expect and it's stylish too. Silver Cross is a brand I trust completely and they definitely did not disappoint with this seat. It is strong, sturdy and durable whilst at the same time providing the security, protection and comfort for your child. It is so easy to make the necessary adjustments to fit the child - I could very quickly amend it to suit my 4 year old after my 11 month old was in it and vice versa. It is great that this seat is suitable from newborns up to age 12. Although safety is the key aspect, Silver Cross really looked at the finer details too and produced a quality seat that is not only an obvious joy for children to sit in, but also a joy for parents to use.  It is definitely a worthwhile investment and the Union Jack on the harness padding is super cute too!

• 1. What did you think of the Silver Cross Motion All Size 360 car seat when it arrived?

I was really impressed, my first thoughts were how sturdy it is but at the same time still incredibly comfortable.  I really like the colour and the fabrics are great quality and really soft 

It’s very easy to install, I’m used to isofix installation already but it would still be very easy to install for someone who had no experience of fitting isofix car seats.  The handy install video is helpful and the indicators that turn from red to green make it clear that you have installed correctly.
    I did find it fiddly to stow the harness behind the seat fabrics but once there they sit there snugly which I thought was a great idea rather than having to go to the effort of removing the harness which can be tricky 

3. How did you find the 360° rotation
    function of the seat?

To be completely honest this function is a bit wasted on us, my son is 5 and just happy to climb in whilst it’s forward facing.  I do see a real benefit however when it comes to putting smaller children/babies in, it would make it so much easier.  
    We did still try the rotation function and despite having 3 car seats in the back of our car it still had room to rotate.  

He finds it very comfortable, as mentioned above the fabrics are nice and soft and there’s is lots of padding to keep him comfortable.  He also likes the fact it sits him quite high up so has a good view out if the window! 

Yes definitely as a purchase to use from baby upwards as it’s the only car seat you would ever need and the rotation function is so handy.  For parents/caters with older children I probably wouldn’t - not because there’s anything wrong with it but purely because the 360 rotation function isn’t really necessary once they’re older

The packaging was really solid and I had no concerns about the condition of the car seat inside. The box was really unusual and looked like some stairs, which the kids loved although I told them pretty quickly that they weren’t allowed to climb on it!

The seat is really attractive and smart and would look really nice in any car. On first impressions it looked very padded, safe and comfortable. 

My husband has done the bulk of the seat fitting since we had our children and I know that he has found some quite annoying and difficult to install. We found this seat so simple to fit by comparison despite the weight of it as the seat and base is quite heavy due to how sturdy it is. The red and green colour indicators on the ISOFIX bars clearly show whether it is successfully connected to the ISOFIX points in the car. They clip in really easily as they extend out quite far where with some others we’ve used the bars are too short making them very awkward to fit. 

We have been testing the seat with my son who uses the final setting of the seat with a three point belt. This meant that we had to pack away the harness used for the other settings. It was really easy to tuck the harness into the back of the seat once we figured out where they went, and the seat back is padded enough so that my son didn’t feel them. The bit that the harness plugs into also has a place to tuck away and also cannot be felt when it is placed into position. The harness can be reinstated in a couple of minutes if needed to accommodate a smaller child.

The one thing we noticed was that the advice on the older child setting is not to brace the supporting bar against the floor as you would for the setting for smaller children but in the car we have (Hyundai ix35) we noticed that it still touched the floor regardless.

We found this extremely easy to use and very helpful when getting my son in and out of the car. We’ve not been fortunate enough to have a car seat that rotates like this before but it’s been a game-changer when getting him in and out of the car.

My son can climb into the chair himself now so I wasn’t sure it would be much use for a child of his age but he has still enjoyed twizzling around on it. It also allows him to be in the right position to slide out of the car if we’re in a narrow space rather than having to get out side-on, therefore needing the door wider and more chance of bumping someone’s car or a wall with the door. 

My son has mentioned quite a few times how comfortable he finds the seat. He said that it is more comfortable than his previous car seat and he’s also been enjoying that it’s higher up so he can see a bit more on our car journeys.

Yes! We’ve been really impressed with our experience so far. Silver Cross is obviously a trusted brand and this car seat has not disappointed. We love the idea that it would work from baby to the point where a car seat was no longer required and wish that we’d had something like this for when our children were babies as it would have saved us a lot of time researching and the cost of multiple seats. We’d absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for a car seat and in terms of quality, safety, aesthetics and value for money it ticks every box. My son has been thrilled with it and his little sister has her eye on it too.

It looks really plush, good quality, well padded and like it should be comfortable for my baby. It looks really big but actually took up less at space (width wise) than the previous infant seat we had. I like the colour/patterns and the little Union Jack flag; I feel it would suit either sex. 

The car seat is one single unit which is easy in that there are no fiddly parts but it is a little bulky and heavy. I needed the help of my husband to lift it into place. Installing it was easy and took only 5 minutes once I had read the instructions and watched the videos from the app. These videos were very useful and are a great feature. My only gripe is I found extending the isofix legs to be a little stiff but I soon got the idea and found a good fit. The coloured indicators make it easy to see if the the isofix and support leg are attached properly and at the right height. 

It was very simple and easy to use. As my boy is only 4 months old he was rear facing and stayed in the reclined position. The 5 point harness feels secure, was easy to adjust and loops on the side to hold it open are a simple yet handy feature. The seatbelt protectors are long and soft and sit nicely around his neck. It’s not the smallest seat and we’re not overly tall people but I imagine a driver or front seat passenger may have to be wary of how far back they can have their seat back due to its size. 

The 360° feature is a game changer! It was really easy to use and saved having to awkwardly lift my son into the car. I found it simple to use, if a little stiff, just one button and it clicks into place to let you know it’s secure. The whole process is effortless. I’m certain it will save my back in the years to come as he gets bigger.  

Very comfortable! The materials are soft and it is well padded. He drifts off to sleep easily most of the time and appears relaxed on our car journeys. Although well padded he doesn’t get too hot and likes being able to see over the sides which aren’t too high. 

100% Yes! It would be an investment but would be the only child seat you need. I would recommend it to parents of younger children as they will get the most out of it and would benefit the most from the 360° function. 

• Good afternoon! Let me know if you need anymore details or pictures. 
    Many thanks for the opportunity to be part of this, we really appreciate it! Kind regards, Kirstie.  

1. What did you think of the Silver Cross Motion All Size 360 car seat when it arrived?

On opening the box I was impressed with the quality of the seat. It looks luxurious and has alot of padding. The two different complimentary fabrics and silver trim make it look expensive ( which of course it is!). I noticed that the rebound bar that goes against the back seat is covered in fabric and looked hard-wearing. We have two other brands of 360 swivel seats for our 2 year old and she has demolished the foam on both with her shoes resting/kicking it when in the seats. This looks like it would withstand the kind of use it would need to over the life of the seat. The seat feels really sturdy and reassuringly safe for my daughter. 

Before installation I downloaded the Silver Cross installation app. Although im familiar using isofix it was reassuring to use the app to confirm it was being fitted properly. I liked using the app, it was easier and more interesting than using the book...and even held the misters attention, unlike usual instruction manuals do! 

We found the carseat easy to fit and are pleased with how smart it looks in the car. It is very heavy so I got my partner to help lift it in. The only slight concern is that the seat is very large and with two swivel seats in the back now you can't swivel them both reclined, so one needs to be upright before reclining. That's ok as our other one can be reclined once rearward facing, but with this seat you need to recline it before swivelling (there isn't enough room between the foot of the seat and the back panel to get your hand in). This means if you had two of these seats you'd have to think carefully about positioning on loading to use them in the back of the car - a consideration for twin mums! We have a Hyundai Tucson, so not a little car. 
    I like the number of green buttons that appear on the sear once installed correctly, it's a good safety feature. 

I found the 360 function really easy and smooth to use. We have used these seats with our two year old - I found getting her in & out of a usual infant seat so hard on my back using the 360 seats has been a godsend! 

I've found previously, there are times with a small baby when it's handy having the traditional infant seat, mostly so that when they fall asleep you don't have to disturb them or when you're going somewhere where they could do with their own seat, but most of the time these seats are perfect when out and about. Imogen fell asleep easily in the seat and looked so comfy, I was then able to move her without waking her so it wasn't an issue for us. I hadn't considered that in her traditional infant seat she is much lower and laid further back than in this seat. Whilst awake I could see her (via the backseat mirror) looking around so much more than usual. She could clearly see more out of the window and was getting excited looking about, kicking her feet and making little squeals!! It was so lovely to see and an unexpected benefit to the new seat.

Our daughter looks so snug in this car seat, I'm really pleased with it. There is so much padding, especially for her as a newborn (3mths now), I felt really comfortable that she was safe in there. I loved the extra padding around the crotch area with the buckle, I felt confident I wouldn't accidentally catch her skin. The buckle itself is plastic which is nice as it won't get to hot on sunny days. I decided against putting her in wearing a thicker Cardigan as I would in her usual seat, because I didn't want her to get to hot with the extra padding. 

Yes, definitely! Before recieving the seat I wasn't convinced it would be worth paying £375 for a swivel seat. Our other seats were £180 & £220, at the lower end of the market. However now I've had a chance to use a more expensive seat I think it is worth investing more on one. The quality of finish means this seat will likely maintain its high end look for much longer. I don't think the fabric will bobble or pluck like our others have, making it better value for money in the longer term. It also felt alot sturdier and rotated more smoothly with no rattling or movement when the car was in motion, it feels like a really safe option for my precious baby. 

I was surprised how big and heavy the box was but when I unwrapped it all I was so impressed with the seat. The fabrics, padding and overall look of the seat is fantastic. It feels and looks very safe and really exclusive. 

We used the Silver Cross app to help us with installation. It was very straight forward using the isofix points and only took a couple of minutes and we were good to go! It was simple to remove the baby inserts and adjust the seat so that it fit my son who is 5. When my son saw the seat he thought it looked amazing and was so excited to try it. He said that it felt very comfy and he looked a lot safer in such an elevated position compared to his usual seat. 

I love the 360 function. It is very easy to use and helps the child get in and out of the seat without hurting my back. 

Extemely comfortable. The fabrics and style of the seat are very high quality and my son wasn’t squashed or cramped while sitting in the seat. 

Yes definitely. It isn’t a cheap seat but the quality and safety is outstanding and it gives you 100% peace of mind that your little one is travelling as safely as possible.

The car seat arrived really well packaged. We loved that it was all put together and literally just needed slotting into the car.
    The car seat also visually looks appealing and well made.

The seat slotted into the isofix easily and after going through the instructions via the QR code on the seat we quickly set it up ready for our almost 8 month old.

The 
    360° function was really straight forward. It was different to our current car seat in that it rotates whilst reclined which took us a few times to get our heads around. It also means that you can keep baby reclined at all times instead of needing to sit them up which would be helpful if they were sleeping.

Our little one looked really comfortable in the car seat, she looked well supported in the padding and fell asleep quite quickly once we set off! 

I would definitely recommend the car seat. The main feature being that it is the only car seat you need- this in itself is worth the price.
    The car seat felt safe and sturdy and was really easy to use.
    the Isofix base turns green in few different points to reassure you that it is fitted correctly.
    We liked that the buckle was covered in padding so that it is more comfortable but also to stop hands playing with it. The buckle is also plastic on this seat which means that it won’t get as hot as the buckle on our current car seat.

The car seat was very well packaged in its box when it arrived with us and we were very excited to get it open and in the car. When you look at the Motion All Size 360, the first thing that hits you is how beautiful the bamboo fabrics are. I love the quilted design which really adds to the premium feel and it’s great that it’s a unisex colour that will fit in with any car interior. As the full seat is nicely padded, I’m sure that it will keep any child comfortable! Everything is finished perfectly, including all of the fittings and plastics.

It is a heavier car seat because of everything that it can do, so would be better kept in the same car rather than being moved lots.

Once I’d had a look at the seat and instructions, I tried to use the QR codes from the side of the seat to take me to the Silver Cross app, but with it being new, I don’t think it is loaded on there yet. The Motion is on there and that is very similar though and it has a great video to use that goes through at your pace. Instead, I used the printed instructions which were very clear with diagrams and then written instructions.

Installing the car seat is very simple, and quick to do if you’re used to ISOFIX. First extend the ISOFIX arms with the two triggers at either side, push the arms on to the ISOFIX points in your car and push it until it touches the seat. Then pull out the support leg until it hits the footwell and is green! So handy that you’ve got red and then green indicators to let you know when you’ve done it safely.

Then you just need to decide if you are using it rear or forward facing and with or without the harness! I still keep my three year old rear-facing so have used it this way, but also tested it forwards too. You can use this car seat right up to 18.5kg (about 4 years old) with the harness rear-facing. The harness is easy to use and has lovely soft harness pads to stop it from rubbing. I like the little loops to help keep it open and out of the way! It moves up and down with the headrest using the ring at the top of the headrest and it moves easily through the positions.

Though I was sent this car seat to test with my son, I also have a 6 year old and 9 year old who tried it with the harness tucked away in the seat as a high back booster. They both found it very comfortable and it was nice to know that it’s simple to do and adjust. The only thing I would say about this stage is that it’s much heavier than a standard high back booster and the swivel isn’t as much of a feature then as you’d have to take the belt completely out to allow it.

The spin feature on this car seat is a brilliant idea. By pressing the button at the front of the base, you can spin your child to the side and it makes it so much easier to get them in and out. With a newborn I’m sure it would be great, especially if you’ve had c-sections like me or suffer from a bad back! Also with an older toddler though, when they go through their stage of not wanting to get in the seat, it’s much easier to do in this position to fasten the harness, rather than reaching round at a funny angle. I think that rear-facing for as long as possible is really important, so I hope that it would encourage more parents to do it for longer as it does make it easier to put in and then spin backwards.

My son loves the novelty of the spin feature and can slide back out again when it’s spun to the side. As he’s heavier, it makes it a lot easier to get him in. We’ve also tried spinning to the middle seat and he finds it easy to climb in from that way too, which is good as he gets more independent.

As I have been testing with my three year old son, I didn’t have any need to use the cushy newborn insert that it comes with, but it is so soft that I’m sure it would keep a newborn very comfortable.

My son seemed very comfortable in the seat and has enjoyed using it each time. Everything is very soft and padded and the headrest is nice and deep to help when he’s napping. There’s also a recline on the seat that you can use in all positions and ages which is fab! 

Yes definitely! Car seat ages, stages and weights can be confusing, so it’s amazing that the Motion All Size 360 offers you a one stop solution for any child. If used from birth up to when your child doesn’t need a car seat anymore, then it offers great longevity and value for money! It’s a more expensive car seat at £375, but you’d definitely spend more than that on an infant carrier and base, next stage seat and then high back booster! Would also be fab for grandparents that look after different age children as one seat will be suitable for any age.

The seat arrived very well packaged and was in pristine condition upon opening the box. Myself and my 9 year old daughter opened it together and our first impressions were that the seat looked sturdy, stylish and it felt like it would be extremely comfortable. The material felt really soft and there was plenty of padding all around the seat too. We also thought that the fabrics and colours would match the interior of our car perfectly!

I was testing this seat on my 9 year old daughter so before I could begin installing it into the car, I needed to remove some of the parts to allow it to be suitable for an older child and for use with the car's seat belt. The instructions made it very clear which parts needed to be removed and they were easy to remove too. I really love how the harness and buckle are stored within the seat instead of having to remove them completely and store them elsewhere like with other seats we've used in the past. This way, they can't get lost! I was worried my daughter may be able to feel the straps and buckle once she sat in the seat but she couldn't tell they were there at all which is great.

I didn't think the seat was too heavy so it was easy to carry across to the car and put on the back seat where my daughter usually sits. I'll be completely honest and say even after having 2 children, I have never installed a car seat before! It has always been my husband's job so as a first timer I was worried I may need to ask for help however the instructions were very clear! The seat clipped easily into the isofix anchors and the red / green indicators ensured that I knew if it was properly secured which is great peace of mind. The head rest was easy to adjust and pull up to the maximum height too. The green indicators showing where the seat belt should go are very helpful also and ensured my daughter knew where to position the belt whilst using the seat.

The 360° function is great, however, I feel for us, it wasn't needed. My daughter can easily climb into the car and get herself into the car seat without the need for a spin function. She wouldn't be able to spin the seat herself as she can't reach the button so it would mean us having to spin the seat for her before she gets out of the car which would be completely unnecessary. I do think that a spin feature is worth it's weight in gold for a younger child, toddler or baby though and is a great feature on a seat which has this huge age range. I did also think that the spin feature would be amazing for older children with physical disabilities who can't climb into the car themselves.

My daughter said that she felt very comfortable in the seat. We have recently been away on holiday in the UK for a few days and used the seat whilst we were there. We travelled for a good 2 hours and my daughter had no complaints whatsoever. She fell asleep and the headrest supported her head perfectly. There is plenty of padding and the natural bamboo fabrics feel very luxurious.

Yes I would 100% recommend this seat to others.

Silver Cross is a very well-known, trusted, luxury brand and this car seat lives up to everything I'd expect of them and more.

I initially thought that the RRP of the car seat was a bit steep but after seeing it and using it I completely understand the difference in cost compared to other similar seats. This seat will last a child all the way through until they no longer require a seat anymore which then makes it excellent value for money and cheaper than buying several car seats as they grow.

I wouldn't necessarily buy this seat for a child of my daughters age but would buy for a baby / toddler so it can grow with them. We do have an almost-2-year-old toddler at home and he will be using this seat once we've finished using it for our daughter! 

When the car seat first arrived I thought the box was very strong and sturdy with no damage to it. My children thought the box looked pretty cool and wanted to climb on it. They have since played inside the actual box and are going to paint it and turn it into a cardboard car. 😂 
    Upon opening the box I thought the car seat was packaged well and the instruction manual was easy to find. 

My partner is usually the one who installs our car seats so I was slightly apprehensive but given that we received this for product testing I wanted to install the seat myself. I was actually surprised at just how easy it was to install. The green and red indicators are really helpful to give reassurance that the car seat is installed in the correct way. Its also brilliant that the installation guide is also available online for convinience of using your phone if you misplace the guide. 

We have used two other 360 car seats in the past and this one in my honest opinion is by far the easiest and smoothest to rotate. I tried this feature with both my 2 year old rear facing and my 4 year old forward facing and can clearly see the benefits of this feature. Focusing on my 4 year old I would still use the 360 function as although she can climb into her seat we often have to park in tight spaces where it is difficult to have the door fully open for her to climb in. This function also gives me peace of mind that she is sitting in the seat comfortably and correctly. 

I asked my 4 year old which car seat she preferred out of this one and the seat she was previously using and she said that this one was far more comfy. I can clearly tell that this seat is comfortable as it is very well padded in all the right places. The material itself seems very good quality and also seems like it would be easy to clean with a damp cloth if needed. If we were to have another baby I would feel comfortable using this seat with a newborn baby. 

Yes I would 100% I think this seat is brilliant from birth and beyond. I would recommend this seat as it is value for money, long lasting, safe and sturdy, and tested to high standards. Going forward we will be using this seat for our 2 year old and I am confident that this seat is the only seat we will ever need for him now. 

I was very immediately impressed when the box arrived as it seemed very sturdy and well packaged. When taking the car seat out, I noticed how well padded and soft the car seat seemed. 

I was surprised at how easy and simple this was to install. The instructions were clear and I liked the QR scanner on the box and the car seat base, which allowed you to view installtion instructions and videos on your phone. I did download the Silver Cross app, however I found that this particular car seat was not yet on there. 

I love this fuction and it has made getting my child in and out of the car so much simpler and quicker. The rotation also maked it easier to switch from rear facing to forward facing, removing the need for uninstalling the seat. This is perfect for those with children of various ages that could, if needed, use the same seat.

He loved being in his seat and was extremely comfortable. I was impressed with how much padding there was to made the seat much more comfortable then others, even the seat belt straps had thick padding. There was also a great deal of head support, which is perfect for those car journeys when he falls asleep.

Yes I would definately recommend this car seat. Although it is much more expensive then other all size car seats I have tried in the past, the over all look, quality and the 360 function makes this a great seat worth the price. 

• Hello everyone.

Thank you all so much for being part of this Silver Cross/MadeForMums product test. We have loved reading your feedback and seeing the lovely pics of your children using the Motion All Size 350 car seat.

The winner of the Amazon voucher is @Just2Mums

We will email you shortly about your prize. 
    Thank you all again, we're closing this thread now to comments as this product test is closed. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions