Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

First time TTC and lonely

Anyone else new to this, i'm on my second cycle and feel very lonely in the process. My OH definitely wants a baby but the baby talk isn't for him and because we are keeping this from family and friends until we are successful, I feel I have no one to talk to about it all.

I'm currently CD16 my cycles have been all over the place so my cycles vary from 30 to 40 days and at the moment my average is 34-36. Today I got my first high LH reading as my first cycle I got all lows, so i'm hoping that maybe this month I will get a peak.

Any other lonely TTC out there that want to buddy up and compare notes? 

Replies

• Oh bless you! TTC is super tough and you so so need people to talk to if it doesn’t happen straight away - it just gets harder (I’m over 2 years now 😩😩)
    I kept it from people at first - I wanted it to be a surprise when it happened - but it went on so long and started to really affect my relationship and state of mind. I’ve felt so much better since I opened up to some of my closest friends. I definitely recommend it! 
    Hopefully you’ll get pregnant quickly 😁🙏🏼 But if you don’t, don’t be alone 👍🏼
    Here is great, we’re all in the same boat and there’s no judgements so anything that you need come to us 😁😁
    sounds like an LH peak or at least the start of one! Get busy 😘😘
  • Its hard to talk to my best friend about stuff like this due to her personal reasons and I feel like if I was to talk to her about it, it would upset her. My sister in law is currently pregnant and told me the day after my wedding she was pregnant, she is currently around the 12 week mark and i'm struggling so much when she tries to tell me stuff about it and I just want to tell her, but I know she would tell my mother in law and I dont want her knowing yet. 
  • I'm sorry that you feel lonely, @Kaycw but I totally understand not wanting to tell people around you. I'm the same, I don't want people to start looking if I drink or not, I want to be treated like a normal person. I started the TTC journey in January and many things happened in the meantime, I got pregnant in the first cycle and lost it after only three days, and I also ended up having an ectopic pregnancy. That was the point I told my closest friends, and they're so supportive. I'm happy I reached out, after all we talk about everything, so it was a bit weird not to talk about that. But that being said, I still think I wouldn't change the fact that I had to start this journey "alone" if that makes sense, deciding for myself (and partner of course). 
    You will find many like minded women in those forums. We're in there together!