Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Testing in August! ☀️

Heeey everyone! How are you all?? Just noticed there’s no august thread?? 

ive been super quiet on here lately…. Running a restaurant in Cornwall right now is insanely hectic and I haven’t had time to breath! 
There are soooo many messages to catch up on….. are there any new BFPs to fill me with hope???? Soooo hope so!!! 

I’m onto yet another cycle…. 2 years and a month TTC now 😵‍💫 but moving forward with the fertility process..
Had baseline scan - all good - uterus looks good and follicles showing signs of egg release… but possibly showing short luteal phase - anyone got any experience of this?? 
Got more bloods on Monday then a laparoscopy on the 27th 🙈 

in the meantime I’m on CD17 - 4DPO - covered all bases this month and hoping for that BFP that’ll mean no laparoscopy 🙈 AF due on the 21st so holding out hope 🙏🏼

Replies

• 7dpo here! 

My husband and I have just started TTC for baby #4 after our TFMR in March. I used opks this month which showed what I am pretty sure was peak ovulation last saturday. I use the ovia fertility app which actually had my fertile window + peak day as this week just gone (thursday being PD) but apparently I ovulated early this month?! I've had quite a bit of ewcm/yellowish snotty looking discharge the last day or so, which I normally get around ovulation, but my opks are all negative/low so who knows what that is about! I woke up today with hella sore boobs and super sensitive nipples, but again, could just be normal (I honestly don't symptom spot when I am not TTC so can't even remember if this is a regular thing around now).

I am okay with this month being out as I realised the dates would align with a due date smack bang on a wedding I am a bridesmaid in next year, so I am 50/50 on wanting to see a BFP haha. I decided I'll hold off testing until Tuesday which will put me at 10DPO - I've got a bunch of internet cheapies so figure I can afford to test daily from then!
  • Hey everyone. Cycle #15, CD7 today so just patiently waiting for fertile week to come around. Also doing my second round of clomid as well. TTC baby #1.
  • 8dpo now…. AF due on 21st 
    I was feeling unusually hopefully but relaxed at the start of this TWW… 
    It was my birthday over my OV date and myself and OH has a little weekend away, we BD’d regularly in the run up and over OV and quite a bit afterwards too - it all felt really relaxed and happy for a change, I think because my mind has been so busy with work. 
    But this week I’ve been hit with serious man flu 😩
    Been Covid testing just in case, still negative 5 days after symptoms started so don’t think it’s that… heard lots about people getting cold/flu symptoms after conception but it started at 3DPO so much as I’d like to I’m not gonna read into that! 🤣🤣 
    so I think the man flu has most likely killed my chances of conceiving this cycle 😐 meh!
    best of luck to everyone else still in xxxx
  • KelB79 said:
    8dpo now…. AF due on 21st 
    I was feeling unusually hopefully but relaxed at the start of this TWW… 
    It was my birthday over my OV date and myself and OH has a little weekend away, we BD’d regularly in the run up and over OV and quite a bit afterwards too - it all felt really relaxed and happy for a change, I think because my mind has been so busy with work. 
    But this week I’ve been hit with serious man flu 😩
    Been Covid testing just in case, still negative 5 days after symptoms started so don’t think it’s that… heard lots about people getting cold/flu symptoms after conception but it started at 3DPO so much as I’d like to I’m not gonna read into that! 🤣🤣 
    so I think the man flu has most likely killed my chances of conceiving this cycle 😐 meh!
    best of luck to everyone else still in xxxx
    Fingers crossed it's not impacting this month 🤞

I tested this morning at what I think is 10dpo (although it also could be 9dpo as I'm still a novice with opks) and got a visible but very faint line. I've heard lots of stories about indents on FRERS but honestly have never personally had one, so I am hoping this is just the start of a nice progression. Guess we'll find out tomorrow!
  • Oh good luck!!! Everything crossed for you!! 
    I never test early,  I just can’t stand the BFNs 🙈🙈 
    11DPO today, cold settling at last and feeling tightening in my lower abdomen 🤔
    Probably symptom imagining as always but holding out hope 🤣🙏🏼
  • AF due tomorrow… no real symptoms either way 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Wish me luck!!
    where is everyone at the mo? It’s super quiet 😳😳
  • hi @KelB79 i'm here. Just nothing going on to talk about. Ovulating in the next day or two so just bidding my time. Fingers crossed this is it for you!
  • @Poca92 good luck!!! All to play for 😉
    Still no AF here…. It would be far too lucky to actually get that BFP in the week before having to have a laparoscopy so I’m not building my hopes up!! I’ve been up to 3/4 days late recently so I’m reading nothing into it (yet!) 
    Im so so worried about Covid now though!! I live in Newquay which has just received the dubious title of the UKs Covid hotspot 😵‍💫 I run a very busy restaurant and had 3 staff members down with Covid last week plus another 2 as of last night….😩
    ive got a test on Tuesday before my laparoscopy on Friday so I’m just praying I can avoid getting it and losing my appointment! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 It’s a nightmare!!!! 😵‍💫
  • @KelB79 Are you going to test at any point in time? or will they test for pregnancy before your laparoscopy as well?
  • I tested!!!! BFP!!! 😳😳😳 
    I’m literally freaking out! I can’t believe it!!! I’ve done 2 tests…. Very definite lines!
    They’ve switched my laparoscopy to an early scan on the 14th September - I’ll be 7 weeks 🙈
    today has been totally surreal!!
    now I’m just terrified it won’t stick 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
  • @KelB79 Congratulations!! hoping for a sticky bean for you.
  • @Poca92 thanks lovely! Omg im
    terrified now!! 🙈🙈 
    How are you getting on?? Sending love, luck and baby dust your way for this month too! xxx
  • @KelB79 its hard to be fully excited when you've waited so long and you know so many things could go wrong. Just enjoy each moment as it comes.

I'm doing okay. 1DPO today so now in the waiting game. Except every moment is a waiting game so...
  • 11 DPO, this cycle we only did BD twice. This cycle feels a bit different for me. Backache started 4 days ago and I am feeling nauseous and experiencing heartburn after meals and having cramps. I have had such symptoms before a few cycles back but wasn't pregnant. Not sure what to think. 3 more days AF is due. TWW is painful. 
  • I will be moving to the next thread. Guess nausea, sore boobs and heartburn isn't my pregnancy symptoms. Good luck to the rest of you that is in the TWW.