Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Early Pregnancy

edited Oct 18, 2021 3:15PM in Pregnancy
Hi lovely Ladies!
Bit of a daft one, I am 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant after a missed miscarriage and 2 years of ttc.
I don't seem to have that many symptoms...peeing more often at night only, slighr cramping and pressure sensation in lower abdomen. My Breasts are only little bit itchy at times and I have extreme appetite. I need reassurance? 😫 is it fine not to throw up? Or have extremely sore boobs (all my friends had them). Sorry for long post, and thank you for any advice ♥️🍀🤞

Replies

• Hello.. 
    My situation was different. I have got a positive test on 3rd Oct, right after I missed my period, I had heartburn and also feeling nauseous if I ate too much (I would say its 3/4 of my usual portion) I gag when I brush my teeth and I was very picky with food and i felt extreme hunger every morning when I woke up. Milk was my number one enemy and I had cramps and all. One week afters, my symptom slowly disappeared, heartburn was gone, I could eat more though I do feel nauseous if I finish one portion of the meal.

I went to the doctor for early scan and told him about it and he say he wouldn't worry too much about the symptom more importantly the scan and growth.

With my son, I ovulated late and found out I was pregnant at the doctors as my AF didn't show up after about 10 days. I didn't have any symptoms and I could eat well and walked a lot (we were on a family holiday) till late in the first trimester. Heartburn was bad and I was throwing up things that doesn't agree with my stomach even water. The toilet was practically my best friend after every meal.
  • @Ane0414 I was exactly the same with my daughter... no symptoms what so ever and that was also after a miscarriage so I was super nervous. Helpfully my friends kept saying ‘ ah, when you have a healthy pregnancy you’ll feel so sick!!’ But I never did! I got mild food aversions around 7 weeks but that’s it. She’s now almost 3!!

I am currently 11 weeks pregnant again and had no symptoms again until BAM at 6 weeks I had nausea for the first time EVER!! It got worse and worse until 8 weeks when it seemingly vanished overnight. Again, I thought that must be a bad sign, but I had a scan at 9w6 and all is looking ok, fingers crossed!

people experience pregnancy differently, and even then each pregnancy is different! The best of luck with everything! X
  • Lorew said:
    @Ane0414 I was exactly the same with my daughter... no symptoms what so ever and that was also after a miscarriage so I was super nervous. Helpfully my friends kept saying ‘ ah, when you have a healthy pregnancy you’ll feel so sick!!’ But I never did! I got mild food aversions around 7 weeks but that’s it. She’s now almost 3!!

I am currently 11 weeks pregnant again and had no symptoms again until BAM at 6 weeks I had nausea for the first time EVER!! It got worse and worse until 8 weeks when it seemingly vanished overnight. Again, I thought that must be a bad sign, but I had a scan at 9w6 and all is looking ok, fingers crossed!

people experience pregnancy differently, and even then each pregnancy is different! The best of luck with everything! X
    Thank you so much 💓
  • @Ane0414 congratulations, and try not to worry. I wasn't sick at all when pregnant and only felt a bit queasy a couple of days the whole time. There is no set way to feel, it is different for everyone :) x