Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Requesting a c section

Hi I was just wondering if anyone had requested to have a c section? I'm thinking about doing that and wondered what the process was? My last Labour was 10 years ago but he was a bit baby the Labour was 33hours and they were going to give Me one as he got stuck. I dont want to have a natural birth again. Just wondered aswell how many people had a c section after asking for one

Replies

• Honestly if there is no medical reason to have a c section dont it’s major surgery it takes months to get over
  • My experience I had to have a emergency c section in 2020 with my first as the hospital gave me an infection which turned into maternal sepsis. I am now giving birth to my second in march/April depending when this little monster arrives and do not want a c section. My experience don’t have a c section if you don’t need one I cried with the pain after in recovery and was kept in for 3 days every time I moved it felt like I was being ripped in two the pain of a vaginal birth is worse but the recovery of a c section is far worse. 
  • Yes, I had experience in C section delivery, It was really painful after having birth to my baby. Doctor gave me an injection on bone marrow. Now, I am trying to conceive second child. You can get more ideas from here: https://www.cordlifeindia.com/blog/c-section-delivery-consider-vaginal-seeding/