Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Late period, implantation bleed, negative tests?

Hi guys, 
Short back story - I've had 2 miscarriages and 1 chemical pregancy whilst on the mini pill. 

I've been off the mini pill for 3 months and ttc but every month af shows and my heart breaks even more. 

I'm officially a day late. Which isn't much I know but since coming off the pill I've been spot on every month so I thought maybe this month is the month. 

I had spotting a week or so ago, it was more like discharge with pink in it and I genuinely believed this to be implantation. 

Fast forward to today, im late, and I've tested on 3 brands ( frer, clear blue and clear and simple) all negative. I thought I had a faint positive on the clear and simple but it disappeared within seconds. 

Any advice? Any similar stories? 

My heart aches for the babies I've lost, every negative test or every af has me feeling depressed, I'm a mess right now, I have a healthy 5 year old son who did take a while to be conceived so I know perhaps for me it takes longer. I just need to talk to someone, I'm so close to giving up. But I am longing for this baby so much I have so much love for a child I do not have, sorry I've been rambling but I'm terrifed that I cant have more kids, with the miscarriages playing on my mind and the infertility that my mother experienced (I'm adopted) I'm just terrified 

Replies

• I'm so sorry for all your losses. I know how heartbreaking it is and it's not fair. Also I know how that limbo feels, AF should be here but nothing on the tests.
    That being said, I take it you don't track your ovulation with opk or bbt? Unfortunately unless you track it, there's not really a way to know if you're late or not as you could also ovulated a bit later that cycle. Fingers crossed for you though! 
  • Bundaberg said:
    I'm so sorry for all your losses. I know how heartbreaking it is and it's not fair. Also I know how that limbo feels, AF should be here but nothing on the tests.
    That being said, I take it you don't track your ovulation with opk or bbt? Unfortunately unless you track it, there's not really a way to know if you're late or not as you could also ovulated a bit later that cycle. Fingers crossed for you though! 
    Thank you!!
    I have been tracking my periods every month on an app for a long time, being on the pill meant this tracking didn't mean much cause honestly my periods came and didn't come and didn't have a due date at all but the past 5 months I've been pretty regular. My period has started day 17 of my cycle or day 22 of my cycle for 5 months now, this month I'm currently on day 24 and that's why I'm presuming I'm late but I do understand its hard to know especially when coming off the pill
  • I'm off the pill since 8 years or so, and my cycles are very regular, but even then my ovulation is sometimes two - four days "off". If I wouldn't track my ovulation I'd assume to be late in those months. It happens unfortunately, and I think the stress of TTC makes it even more irregular. 
  • Bundaberg said:
    I'm off the pill since 8 years or so, and my cycles are very regular, but even then my ovulation is sometimes two - four days "off". If I wouldn't track my ovulation I'd assume to be late in those months. It happens unfortunately, and I think the stress of TTC makes it even more irregular. 
    I really appreciate your response! I didnt realise ovulation could be off loads! I definitely agree, the stress of ttc can affect us all. Do you know of any tell tale signs of ovulation, i tend to just presume my discharge is a sign but right now it's not being accurate lol
  • Btw discharge, ovulation tests, symptoms aren’t actually all that reliable for knowing whether you are ovulating or not, they’re just signs your body is getting ready to ovulate. Only bbt tracking can confirm that ovulation has happened so it might be worth doing that
  • Agree @Siiia - you can learn to listen to your body and see the signs / symptoms such as discharge or ovulation cramps, but they're not really reliable. Ovulation tests are the next best thing as they will tell you at least if you have a surge in lh hormone, and bbt would be like the "holy grail" of tracking as it will tell you if you ovulated or not. Find out what works best for you. For me, peeing on a stick is a lot easier as measuring my body temperature, but that's me. 
  • @Bundaberg for sure! Bbt is such a headache! 
  • I’m age 44 and havnt had a peroid for 2 months unprotected sex but with withdrawal took 2 pregnancy test and negative 50 days late what’s happening I’ve never been late