Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anxiety over announcing pregnancy

Hi all,

I am currently 15 weeks pregnant after a couple of miscarriages. I had a scan at 10 week and 13 weeks and all is looking fine (apart from the baby measuring ahead) but I can’t seem to shake the feeling something will go wrong.

I’ve only told a handful of people about the pregnancy (my toddler decided to announce it at nursery, so everyone there knows 🤦‍♀️)

I haven’t even told my parents yet. I’m going to need to soon as I already have a definite bump!

I guess I’m looking for reassurance... ways of telling people that isn’t over the top...I don’t know.. just feeling so anxious about it 😕

Replies

• @Lorew I'm also 15 weeks (almost 16) and have only told hand selected people, I have the same anxiety of something happening!
    The people I have told are the people I wouldn't mind telling that something had gone wrong and I would want/need the support from.
    It's your own personal journey so you tell who you want when you want! It's easier to hide the bump in winter!

• I felt much more at ease after my scan at 20 weeks as that's the super important one! I then announced to the 'world' after that x
  • Thank you so much @MrsD90 and @Char09!

I manager to muster the courage to tell my parents today! They were happy but understand that things can still go wrong, however unlikely. We will tell the OH’s parents in a couple of weeks and then wait for the 20 week scan to announce to people other than our nearest and dearest!

Thank you both so much- wishing you happy and healthy pregnancies going forwards!x
  • Lorew said:
    Hi all,

I am currently 15 weeks pregnant after a couple of miscarriages. I had a scan at 10 week and 13 weeks and all is looking fine (apart from the baby measuring ahead) but I can’t seem to shake the feeling something will go wrong.

I’ve only told a handful of people about the pregnancy (my toddler decided to announce it at nursery, so everyone there knows 🤦‍♀️)

I haven’t even told my parents yet. I’m going to need to soon as I already have a definite bump!

I guess I’m looking for reassurance... ways of telling people that isn’t over the top...I don’t know.. just feeling so anxious about it 😕
    With a very long hug and perhaps just a whisper. Often the reaction isn't the root of the anxiety, but more a sense of "jinxing" the miracle and going through more endless pain . Let them wonder if you don't feel ready. It's you who matters right now. 💜