Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions

Tell Whirli your tips for little ways you can make Christmas more eco-friendly: £200 voucher prize

167891012»

Replies

• Reuse family tags, gift bags, ribbons and parcel adornments.  Wrap with material like the Japanese not only do they look sensational they can be used time and time again.
  • I'm not sending Christmas cards out this year. I'll send everyone a message instead  save the paper. Also I'm using kraft plain wrap this year. And I reuse gift bags. And no glitter anywhere! Because it destroys the ocean 
  • I am a big believer in recycling, and working in a charity shop i see people regularly buying gifts and toys for their loved one for a small cost, not only helping the charity but been able to get their  Christmas list done, with different and unique present ideas . win win.
  • I bought a miniature wooden tree this year and the majority of my presents are second hand from gumtree and Facebook marketplace.
  • Our Christmas tree is a real one that lives in a pot outside most of the year, so it's carbon footprint is non existent! 
  • We've stopped using wrapping paper, we use reusable sacks now. 
  • Make your own Christmas crackers, filled with jokes, puzzles and challenges, rather than using shop-bought ones which are filled with plastic tat, destined for the landfill.
  • Back in the day we all reused wrapping paper. Last years Christmas cards can be cut down to make gift tags. It’s a fun exercise. Avoid over wrapped fruit eg bags of mandarins in nylon. 
  • My family and I no longer use gift wrap but put our presents in gift bags which we can use again and again ☃️
  • Thank you all for entering this sponsored discussion.

This sponsored discussion is now closed, and the winner of the £200 Amazon voucher is @nicci cowdell

We'll be in touch via email to send you your prize. Thank you all again for taking part.
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions