Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions

Tell Whirli your tips for little ways you can make Christmas more eco-friendly: £200 voucher prize

167891012»

Replies

• Reuse family tags, gift bags, ribbons and parcel adornments.  Wrap with material like the Japanese not only do they look sensational they can be used time and time again.
  • I'm not sending Christmas cards out this year. I'll send everyone a message instead  save the paper. Also I'm using kraft plain wrap this year. And I reuse gift bags. And no glitter anywhere! Because it destroys the ocean 
  • I am a big believer in recycling, and working in a charity shop i see people regularly buying gifts and toys for their loved one for a small cost, not only helping the charity but been able to get their  Christmas list done, with different and unique present ideas . win win.
  • I bought a miniature wooden tree this year and the majority of my presents are second hand from gumtree and Facebook marketplace.
  • Our Christmas tree is a real one that lives in a pot outside most of the year, so it's carbon footprint is non existent! 
  • We've stopped using wrapping paper, we use reusable sacks now. 
  • Make your own Christmas crackers, filled with jokes, puzzles and challenges, rather than using shop-bought ones which are filled with plastic tat, destined for the landfill.
  • A lot of people are starting to think about alternatives to traditional wrapping paper, which is often shiny and covered in glitter so can't be recycled, but there are good alternatives for plastic sticky tape too, such as washi tape and natural twine or raffia. 
  • Back in the day we all reused wrapping paper. Last years Christmas cards can be cut down to make gift tags. It’s a fun exercise. Avoid over wrapped fruit eg bags of mandarins in nylon. 
  • My family and I no longer use gift wrap but put our presents in gift bags which we can use again and again ☃️
  • Thank you all for entering this sponsored discussion.

This sponsored discussion is now closed, and the winner of the £200 Amazon voucher is @nicci cowdell

We'll be in touch via email to send you your prize. Thank you all again for taking part.
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions