Forum home Product Tests Product tests

BORRN baby feeding bottles: the feedback review thread

Hello. 

This is the feedback thread for those of you who are testing the BORRN silicone feeding bottles as part of our latest MadeForMums product test.

Please give us your feedback on this thread by answering the following 5 questions and provide pictures of your baby/child with the bottles in use.

Everyone who leaves quality feedback by answering all 5 questions and provides pictures (and is part of our product test) will be entered into a draw to win the £200 Amazon voucher.

Feedback Questions

1. What did you think of the look and feel of the BORRN bottles when they arrived?

2. Tell us how you found assembling and using the BORRN bottles?

3. Tell us how your baby latched on and responded to the BORRN bottles? (To upload a pic, click the little picture icon in the ‘Add Your Comment’ box).

4. What do you think of the fact that this bottle is BPA-free and sealed with silicone?   

5. Would you recommend BORRN bottles to other parents and carers of babies the same age as yours?

Thank you for providing your feedback and good luck.

Note: Any comments and pictures you post on our Feedback thread may be used BORRN in future marketing material. See full Ts&Cs here.

Replies

• CharleymarieCharleymarie Regular
    edited Nov 30, 2021 11:25AM
    1. I absolutely loved the look and feel of the bottles when they arrived. They look so modern. 

2. They were really easy to put together as there wasn’t many parts which is great as less to wash! 

3. I’ve tried him a few times and he doesn’t seem to went to take the bottle at all. We’ve used the same bottles and dummies since birth with him and these tests are a lot different. Maybe using them from the beginning would of made a difference. 

4. I LOVE they are BPA Free as well as them looking really good. I love the feel of them and I think they would be easier for the baby to hold. 

5. I would recommend these to people 100%. They look great, feel great and are BPA free! 
  • 1. My first thoughts were that they look alot different to any other bottles I've seen before, they have a very unique shape and are super soft to touch and squishy. 

2.  The BORRN bottles are very easy to assemble and use and really easy to clean and stelilise..... There's less parts to these bottles unlike others making it much quicker to wash them. 

3. My baby latched and responded to the BORRN bottles straight away without any issues, if anything he found them much easier to hold than his usual bottles, after easy bottle he tends to play with the empty bottle because he likes how they feel.... He absolutely loves to squish them aswell.

4. I love the fact that these bottles are BPA-free and sealed with silicone... This makes them even better for little ones. 

5. I would highly recommend BORRN bottles to other parents and carers of babies the same or similar age to my little man because these bottles are amazing, I've had quite a few parents ask me at baby groups and classes about the bottles and some of the parents have said they will definitely be going to buy them for their little ones.... You definitely won't be disappointed with these, they are amazing bottles and I wish I had known about them sooner.... We are switching to these bottles and for any future little ones we will be sticking to BORRN. 

• 1. I absolutely loved the look and feel of the bottles when they arrived. They look so modern. 

2. They were really easy to put together as there wasn’t many parts which is great as less to wash! 

3. I’ve tried him a few times and he doesn’t seem to went to take the bottle at all. We’ve used the same bottles and dummies since birth with him and these tests are a lot different. Maybe using them from the beginning would of made a difference. 

4. I LOVE they are BPA Free as well as them looking really good. I love the feel of them and I think they would be easier for the baby to hold. 

5. I would recommend these to people 100%. They look great, feel great and are BPA free! 

• 1. I thought the bottles looked amazing when they arrived. Different from any I had seen before; an innovative design. 
    The one drawback I found was the numbering on the side is not clear enough when you are bleary eyed on a miserable winter morning. Pouring to 7oz I really had to get close to make sure I was on the line. I also thought the bottle seemed quite heavy in comparison to our usual bottles. 

2. Assembly of the bottles was easy. Also easy to clean. 

3. Unfortunately my baby would not drink from the bottle so I am unable to give feedback here. It may be that she is just so used to her usual bottles. 

4. Anything that is BPA free is a big plus. We want nothing but the best for our little ones

5. I cannot provide a personal recommendation about these bottles unfortunately as we were unable to test the product fully. 
  •  I was very surprised to see the design of the BORRN bottles when they arrived  I didn’t know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised at how lightweight and contemporary they looked. I really loved the simplicity of the design and appreciated the minimalistic look greatly  

The bottles were incredibly easy to assemble- even for someone like me who struggles with the most simple and basic things! I LOVED the fact that there’s only 3 parts and they weren’t fiddly like other anti colic bottles I’ve used in the past  

I was really skeptical of using the bottles at first as I was worried my little boy wouldn’t take to it- he can be a fussy drinker however, he latched immediately and seemed absolutely fine. The fact that the bottles were so lightweight meant that he could hold the bottle himself which really allowed him to take ownership of his own drinking. This was such a plus for me as he’s 14months and up till now, I’ve had to hold a bottle for him.

I’m really impressed with the fact that it’s BPA free and has a silicone seal and not plastic, like many other bottles. I really like how the BORRN bottles seem to be a nod towards everything contemporary: minimalism in design as well as sustainability. A really great feature in my opinion!      

I absolutely would recommend these bottles; it allowed babies/toddlers to hold the bottle themselves due to the lightweight nature. I think the fact that you can pop them into the microwave is a huge selling point for me! They’re easy to clean, assemble and use. I also really loved the range of teat flows- there’s literally something to fit every baby’s preference. I was thoroughly impressed with these bottles and would definitely continue to use them! 

• 1. What did you think of the look and feel of the BORRN bottles when they arrived?
    I was so impressed when the BORRN bottles arrived. The packaging was immaculate and smart and there was lots of information on the box's to explain which teats were which. The bottles are super soft and squishy and my daughter really enjoyed feeling and playing with them. The bottles themselves look really smart  the bold orange is something that I've never seen before and they look really chic and modern.

Assembly of the bottles was much easier than any other bottle I've used. It still has the amazing features of other brands such as the anti colic feature but it doesn't have the enormous amount of parts involved which I found a huge life saver. This made washing the bottles so much easier and made constructing them in the middle of the night much simpler.

3. Tell us how your baby latched on and responded to the BORRN bottles? (To upload a pic, click the little picture icon in the ‘Add Your Comment’ box).
    Unfortunately, my daughter didn't latch on to the bottles despite numerous tries. I do not believe this was through any design fault of the bottle, but because at 7 months she has only been used to the Tommee Tippee teats. Saying that however, she has really enjoyed playing with the bottles and the strong materials have meant she can't break them or bite into the squishy silicone. I am hoping that as she gets more used to the bottles through play, she will take them when she is older for water or milk.

4. What do you think of the fact that this bottle is BPA-free and sealed with silicone?   
    I am really impressed that the bottles are made BPA-free and are sealed with silicone. It gives me a huge relief that I know they're safe for her. The materials do feel strong and well put together.

5. Would you recommend BORRN bottles to other parents and carers of babies the same age as yours?
    I would recommend giving the BORRN bottles a try but would only recommend buying the one to see if their child latches on to the bottle. The bottles do have a hefty price tag and are much more expensive than other bottles on the market, however, they look and feel more well put together than others and feel like they would last well. The design is also beautiful. I would 100% suggest to friends that they try BORRN with younger babies when it's easier to get them to latch on, but would advise like I said to try just one with older babies to see if they latch. However it's great that BORRN offer individual bottles to buy.
  • 1. What did you think of the look and feel of the BORRN bottles when they arrived?

These BORRN bottles look simple but well-designed. Both the bottle and the teat feel extra soft and light in weight. The breast shape teat makes the bottle-feed experience closer to breastfeeding.

These BORRN bottles are very easy to assemble. It only contains three parts, which is a lot simpler to wash, sterilize and assemble than many other baby bottles on the market. The silicone materials and cup shape bottle also make it so easy to clean, which save me a lot of time in washing and preparing the bottles for the next feed. This is a lifesaver feature for me as my baby still needs to use 8 bottles a day and no more never-ending bottle-washing.

The BORRN bottle comes with a wide opening and it is very easy for us to put scoops of formula milk in it without any mess. They are very light in weight and could be easily packed when we need to bring them out for a day. Thanks to the unique silicone material, I could feel the water temperature easily with my bare hand and judge whether the milk is at the right temperature to feed.

I particularly like the BORRN 9-month bottle teat, this Y shape opening teat allows my baby to drink faster and could settle her better when she is really hungry. Most brands on the market only make bottle teats for up to 6-month and this BORRN 9-month teat has made such a difference to us.

It is a bit difficult to read the water measurement on the bottle as the markings are quite tiny and it is in the same colour as the bottle that doesn’t stand out at all. I have to bring the bottle up to my eye level to read the measurement every time.

It would be brilliant if BORRN could make its own steriliser as well. These BORRN bottles don't fit quite well in the two sterilizers I bought from other brands.

My baby has switched across a few different bottles before, like previous experience, it took my baby a few trials before she is willing to latch on the BORRN bottle teats and get used to its extra-soft teat texture. Once she gets used to the teat, she is happy to finish the whole bottle of milk at one time.

My baby also loves to play with the BORRN bottle and hold it with her little hands. These silicone bottles are very soft and light in weight that my baby could hold the bottle easily, which she couldn’t when we used other bottles made with different materials.

I love the BPA-free feature and the high heat resistance silicone materials, both make me feel safe to use the BORRN bottles to feed my baby and no need to worry about any toxic substances released during sterilization. The BORRN silicone bottle is also a great substitution for the traditional short lifetime polypropylene bottles or the heavy and breakable glass bottles. In contrast, the BORRN bottles have a much longer lifetime, are extra light in weight and are shatterproof. The silicone sealed feature also makes these BORRN bottles completely leak-poof. This bottle doesn't leak at all no matter my baby squeeze it, hit it or throw it around.

Yes, I will definitely recommend BORRN bottles to others. The unique silicone materials make it the winner among the traditional polypropylene bottles and glass bottles, providing lots of convenient and safe features that traditional bottles do not. These bottles are innovative and are a lifesaver for busy parents.

• 1. I thought these bottles looked great! Very modern looking.soft and squishy with the teat shape more like mummy.
    2. I found these bottles really easy to use as easy to hold and grip. The tops being teat and lid in 1 made things easier. Not having to spend time getting teats back in the lid etc. Great idea!
    3. My little one seemed to respond well and took her feeds well. She doesn't normally hold her own bottle as quite wide and heavy. She held onto these with ease as they are shaped differently and squishy 
    4. I love that these bottles are BPA- free and sealed with silicone as this gives for longer usage and a leak proof unit. My baby can squish and squeeze and still no leakage. I feel better in the knowledge that these are a safer option. No added nasties. Well done BORRN.
    5. I would definitely recommend these bottles as I think they are a great alternative to others on the market. They are BPA - FREE and silicone sealed. Soft & squishy which makes them more durable. These are great for babies to handle themselves as they won't shatter, break or leak. 
  • 1. When I opened the box I was really impressed with the look and feel of the bottles. The packaging is simple but sophisticated, the bottles are soft and smooth. They look modern and a bit luxurious! The colours are subtle but different to everything else that you see on the market. I particularly liked that they were neutral colours but not white/grey/cream.

2. These bottles only have a few parts to them, so using them and cleaning them is actually much easier than our current bottles. We don't have a steriliser as ours go straight in the microwave, but these bottles could be sterilised in microwave bags and I could fit two bottles in each bag. The bottles fit nicely into the insulated pockets of our changing bag and there are no leaks when they are sealed with the lids on, so they are great for taking out and about.

3. It took a couple of goes for my baby to latch on, I think this was just because our usual bottles have a flatter teat, whereas these are very round. My baby is 9 months old and has used the same shaped teats since day 1, so I imagine newborn babies would take to these ok! The teats were nice and soft and flexible and once she'd figured it out she did seem to enjoy using them. She didn't get on with the variable teat, only the 6 month teat, but that's the same for our current brand. The air valve works beautifully, we have previously tried other bottles and found that the teats collapse as she is drinking, my baby is a guzzler, she doesn't like to have to stop for air!!
    I'd say these bottles were slightly more awkward for my baby to hold herself. She very much enjoyed trying to hold them, but she likes to throw her bottles around a bit and the squishiness of the bottle meant she did a lot of squirting milk all over the place! Also dropped bottles would spill more than our current ones (when dropped during feeds, there was absolutely no leaking when the bottle was capped).

4. BPA-free is a definite positive!

5. These bottles are definitely lovely to use and they are very good quality. I'm not sure that I could justify the difference in the price point compared to our usual bottles which, other than being made of a million different pieces, have worked really well for us since the beginning of our bottle feeding journey, are also BPA free and also have anti-colic technology.

• 1. I was really surprised when I opened the box containing the BORRN bottles. I wasn't sure what to expect really but they have a very unique design and texture! I thought they were lighter than other bottles we had previously used too. 

2. Assembling the bottle was really easy - very user friendly! My little one was able to take the lid off himself and put it back too - he loves trying to do things himself! 

3. My little one was really interested in his new bottle, he loved squishing the bottle and tried to drink straight away. The bottles are very easy for little one to hold. Unfortunately, he wasn't very keen on the teat though, he didn't latch on. It could possibly be we have always used a certain brand ever since he's been on bottles. 

4. I love the fact that the bottle is BPA-free. I think as a parent, you want the best for your baby and knowing there isn't anything nasty is very reassuring! 

5. I would recommend BORRN bottles ro other parents. I think the feel of the bottle is really eye-catching for both baby and parent! The teat didn't leak either which was brilliant.

I loved the packaging, the bright colour and the easy to read information on the boxes. 

The bottles were really easy to wash and put together! They also take very little time to dry which is very handy. 

My baby was very fussy when we first started introducing a bottle but he took to the BORRN bottles straight away  - I think this is due to the lovely, soft texture of the bottle and the fact that the lid/teat of the bottle has a lot of similarities to a breast.  

I find that a really fab selling point and very reassuring

Definitely! The bottles are an eye catching design and colour. They’re lovely and soft and due to the shape of the bottle, my baby can hold one handed very easily. The bottles are also very easy to clean and put together. My baby used to be so fussy with bottles but he has taken to the BORRN straight away - very impressed! The only thing I’d highlight would be that because the bottle is all made of soft plastic, when you have a very active/playful baby, he often rolls and squishes his bottle and therefore it squeezes/leaks out lots of milk but other than that, I cannot fault. 

• Hello everyone.

Thank you all so much for being part of this BORRN/MadeForMums product test. We have loved reading your feedback and seeing your pictures. 

The winner of the Amazon voucher is @Jadegabriellexo
    We will email you shortly about your prize. 

Thank you all again, we're closing this thread now to comments as this product test is closed. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions