Forum home Product Tests Product tests

MAM baby feeding bottles: the feedback review thread

Hello. 

This is the feedback thread for those of you who are testing the MAM bottles and teats as part of our latest MadeForMums product test.

Please give us your feedback on this thread by answering the following 4 questions and provide pictures of your baby/child with the bottles in use.

Everyone who leaves quality feedback by answering all 4 questions and provides pictures (and is part of our product test) will be entered into a draw to win the £200 Amazon voucher.

Feedback Questions

1. What did you think of the MAM bottles when they arrived?

2. Tell us how you found the self-sterilising function of the MAM bottles?

3. Tell us how your baby responded to the MAM bottles? (To upload a pic, click the little picture icon in the ‘Add Your Comment’ box).

4. Would you recommend MAM bottles to other parents and carers of babies the same age as yours?

Thank you for providing your feedback and good luck.

Note: Any comments and pictures you post on our Feedback thread may be used MAM in future marketing material. See full Ts&Cs here

Replies

• Wow these bottles are amazing I love the design and quality of them I found the self sterilising function very easy to use and a very great idea to my daughter was fascinated by the new bottles she loves them she really enjoyed drinking her milk from them and playing with the bottle and lid lol 😀I would highly recommend these amazing quality bottles to any other parents/carers they are amazing my 1year old loves them I think other 1year olds or younger would love them to top marks to mam baby bottles ♥️
  • First thoughts when these MAM bottles arrived were how super cute the designs were they stood out for me I love little cute baby patterns on baby products it will always be the first thing that grabs my attention & slips into the shopping basket! 

I absolutely love the fact that the bottles self sterilise! I wish I had these from birth! So easy to use too, quick wash of the bottle water in pop in microwave sorted!! They make life so much easier when you have a busy household literally wash & sterilise within minutes & out the door! These will come in so handy when we stay with family holidays etc no need to bring my normal sterilising equipment that takes up so much room! These are little mummy life savers!

I gave my little boy a milk filled bottle he looked at it smiling for a short while then pushed it straight in his mouth before I could take the lid off haha! He played with it for a while I’m guessing he liked looking at the cute little character. he took to it well and finished the whole bottle! So it’s a winner for us as he hasn’t taken well to a few different teats & juice cups that we have tried.

I would definitely recommend these bottles to other parents with babies the same age as mine these are genius the self sterilising idea has definitely got me raving! Very hygienic as you can remove the bottom to give the bottle a thorough wash through! Hands down these have won me over! Anything that can make a parents life a little easier is a big win!

• Love the design and packaging of these bottles (think they make lovely new baby/baby shower gifts because of this). 
    The self sterilising features is why I love these bottles so much! So easy for when you are going away as you don’t need to worry about how you will sterilise them. It’s just so easy! 
    My daughter loves these bottles. When I tried to wean her onto formula at 6 months old I tried lots of different brands and these were the only bottles she would take. So no surprise she was happy to have some more! 
    I will (and already have) recommended these bottles and will continue to use them ☺️

• 1. What did you think of the MAM bottles when they arrived?

The box is pleasing to the eye, no harsh colours and gives the impression of quality. The bottles themselves feel sturdy and well made. I like the soft grey colour and cute animals; they’re sweet, neutral and would suit either sex. 

Fabulous! The process is wonderfully simple, all you need is a little water and a microwave. It can take a little while to get the hang of it the first few times but after that it’s easy peasy. Once washed and cleaned I can set the bottles up for sterilisation in 2 minutes. A single bottle can be sterilised in 3 minutes and a set of 6 in 8 minutes. The only down side is they’re obviously very hot once sterilised and it’s advised you leave them for 10 minutes after to cool down. 

3. Tell us how your baby responded to the MAM bottles? (To upload a pic, click the little picture icon in the ‘Add Your Comment’ box).

My son took to the bottles with ease, no fussing or rejection. We used the fast flow 6+ month teat and he had no problems with the flow. He isn’t able to feed himself but he does enjoy holding the bottles and chewing on them. 

4. Would you recommend MAM bottles to other parents and carers of babies the same age as yours?

Yes. They’re so simple to use and convenient when out visiting friends and family. They also save on space and money as you don’t need to buy a separate sterilising unit. 

• I loved the look of the boxes the bottles arrived in, all very soft and neutral which i love, i love the self steralising, first few times it leaked a little but was my own mistakes, perfect now and daughter and myself both love them, daughter took to the new bottles lovely, i think with breastfeeding my little one aswell the teets are much better shaped then what we have been previously using, shes able to hold the bottles herself perfectly, much then other bottles we have tried aswell which she was very happy with, i would deffenetly reccoment these bottles and buying a set for my sister whos expecting her 1st child soon😊 very handy for travelling etc with the ease of steralising. 
  • 1. What did you think of the MAM bottles when they arrived?
    The MAM bottles were packaged well when they arrived and looked smart in their packaging. The box gave lots of information on the different functions of the bottles which would be great if shopping in person and picking the box up from the shelf. With the packaging being as beautiful as it is, I also think it would make a great baby shower gift for expectant parents.

The self sterilising function of the bottles is amazing and such a clever idea. The MAM bottles are great to keep in the changing bag in case of emergencies as nearly everywhere has a microwave so you can feel more prepared if out and about and caught off guard and in need of a bottle! Day to day however, I found it easier to use my normal steriliser to sterilise the bottles as the parts are quite fiddly to put together to use the self sterilise function as there are a lot of parts. Also, due to the bottles being sterilised through heat, you need to wait around 10 minutes for them to cool down, which can feel a very long wait when in need of a bottle!

Unfortunately my daughter didn't latch on to the MAM bottles despite numerous efforts. However, my seven month old has only ever used Tommee Tippee bottles and I feel she is too used to those teats now.
    We have however been allowing her to play with the bottles when they don't have any milk in as they aren't as heavy. She is loving playing with the bottles so I'm hoping with a bit more exposure to them (as this was a quick product test) she will give them a go!

I would recommend parents buy just the one bottle first to see if their child latches on before investing in a full set. The self sterilising feature could be a huge lifesaver when out and about and caught out and the anti colic feature is also a fantastic addition. The bottles are well priced and I can now see why they are so popular! The designs are also cute and it's handy that the lid fits on the bottles despite changing the teat as the child grows.
  • Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to try these wonderful bottles. 

1. What did you think of the MAM bottles when they arrived? - They come in a wonderful compact little packaging which was great! The teats and everything seemed quite nice and safe so was really happy with that. They looked really cute and my son played with the box for ages haha!

2. Tell us how you found the self-sterilising function of the MAM bottles? - This function is absolutely amazing as I always struggled with fitting 6 of my tommee tippee bottles into their sterilizer! However since my son has outgrown the sterilization phase, it was ok. But would be a very very very handy feature had these bottles come to me when he was younger!

3. Tell us how your baby responded to the MAM bottles? (To upload a pic, click the little picture icon in the ‘Add Your Comment’ box). - He dint take on to them immediately to be honest. Maybe hes too used to and familiar with his current bottles. Took him like 5-6 tries to finally take on to it but he still wasnt very happy with the switch so I dint push him more for it. I feel maybe if these were introduced to him from the start, he would have taken them better. So unfortunately my experience here wasnt very good. 

4. Would you recommend MAM bottles to other parents and carers of babies the same age as yours? - I would recommend getting one bottle first to see if your baby takes on to them before buying the whole thing. Probably for those the same age as my son (14 months) as per my experience since my son dint want to switch, it might be a difficult transition for the baby as he dint really take them on right now. And he has outgrown the sterilization phase. But, since they are at a great price point and value for money, it might still be worth a shot!

• What did you think of the MAM bottles when they arrived?
    I felt the mam bottles were really sturdy and that the bottle itself was beautifully presented. I love that the packaging itself was informative and stood out to me. I like that the teat was different to the usually one and that they had several sizes that I could choose from. The anti colic is an amazing feature, it doesn't require extra bulky accessories unlike my current ones which would have done so but these one are attached easily to the bottom for easy usage. Cleaning was much faster than previous bottles, unscrewing the bottom allowing easy access to use ensure everything was cleaned. 

I really like the idea of self sterilising, it allows me to be able to sterilise on the go when needed to ensure that mam bottles are clean and ready to drink from. They do become very hot so do leave the microwave door open to cool as instructed in the manual but if needed you can remove them from the microwave for on the go.

My baby had no problems with drinking from the teat, I was surprised as I thought they may spit it out or not drink from it, but I didn't have an isuue at all, so I'm pleased with the quick transition

I would recommend to everyone I really love the quality and will be buying for friends and family and will continue to use for my child whilst they are still drinking milk. 
  • What did you think of the MAM bottles when they arrived?
    When they first arrived the first thing that I saw was the beautifully presented bottles, ideal for both sexes boys and girls and made me smile. the packaging itself was modern, sleek whilst providing a lot of useful information. The Mam principle is a great idea to include on the bottle - Parents are demanding that is correct ! we all want the best for our child we can. The feature that really stood out from the packaging was the Antic Colic! helping Ava drink much more calmly but all information was easily accessible to be able to make an good quick informed choice at the supermarket.

So which parent wouldn't like the idea of self sterilising, anything that can help me protect my daughter Ava gets the thumbs up from me. Perfect for days out too and travel knowing that the bottle is clean and ready to go. Also how much time does it save!

3. Tell us how your baby responded to the MAM bottles?
    So good job we had a choice of teats took us a few goes to get the right one for Ava but she had quickly took from drinking from it.

I would recommend to too all parents and carers, the self cleaning / sterlising function is perfect for busy households. Very hygienic! the idea that you can remove the bottom to help wash these up is also a big bonus.

1. I really liked these bottles both aesthetically and practically. The ones I received are unisex and have a lovely woodland theme. They come apart completely so you can be sure of a thorough clean and the wall seems thicker than most other bottles which I felt kept milk warmer for longer. We also got some bonus dummies included which I was delighted at and my son loves. 
    2. What a game changer the self sterilising function is! As it happened we were away during the testing period and so I only needed to take one bottle and pop it in the microwave for 3 minutes after a wash and then we were ready to go. Normally I would have my bulky electric sterilising kit so this made a big difference to packing.
    3. We had no issue transitioning to these bottles and the choice of teat selection meant that my son (14 months) could have fast flow teats which was ideal. My son has a very strong suckle and with other brands he can partially invert the teat during feeding, but the MAM teats were strong enough to withstand this
    4. Yes. If I had another I would buy these bottles from birth. They are easy to clean and simple to travel with due to their self sterilising function
  • Hello everyone.

Thank you all SO much for being part of this MAM/MadeForMums product test. We have loved reading your feedback and seeing your pictures. 

The winner of the Amazon voucher is @jadeyblade1
    We will email you on Monday for how to claim your prize. 

Thank you all again, we're closing this thread now to comments as this product test is closed. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions