Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Starting TCC very confused!!

Hi!  So I'm 27, I was on Desogestrel for 3 years.  I stopped taking them on the 6th of December.  Had 3 days of brown discharge on the 14th - 16th of Dec. We did the deed on the 30th. I thought I felt ovu pains the day after but on the 2nd I started my period 😭  however, today I took an ovulation test and it's quite a decent line? I'm very confused?

Usually post pill, my periods are 4/5 days in the last or first days of the month which is right on cue 🤔  how long does LH take it lower if you've already ovulated? 

Replies

• I wouldn’t call that a decent line. LH is always present it just peaks around ovulation. I would retest to see if it gets darker rather than lighter. 
  • Siiia said:
    I wouldn’t call that a decent line. LH is always present it just peaks around ovulation. I would retest to see if it gets darker rather than lighter. 
    Hi, I'm just starting all this. I didn't know it had to be the same colour as the control or darker. Do now. Thank, you. 
  • It is all so complicated isn’t it - good luck xx