Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

Should I go...?

Hi all, please could I have some advice...

My Mum has offered to pay for me and my husband and 2 children to go on holiday with her, my Dad, brother and his family in the summer. I would really like to go but my husband is refusing to go.

We have 2 holidays as a family of 4 already booked so this would be an extra. I have told him I would really like to go with the kids but he doesn't want to and says that after our two holidays as a family he needs to prioritise his annual leave for football trips with his friends.

My question is should I still go with the kids.. I would really like to but I feel guilty leaving him.

Replies

• I would go.. x live only once and since hes going to enjoy trips with his friends.. you deserve to enjoy yourself too as you please with your family
  • @Erin0110 i would def go. You will have family there to help out with kids and if your brother has kids then there are others for your ones to play with. And I wouldn't feel any guilt. Your husband will be living the free time and he will have other holidays with friends xx
  • I wonder if he feels guilty  leaving you when he goes off on his trip away. 
    I would definitely go!
  • Did you go? How did you feel? 
  • Did you go? How did you feel? 
    Hello, yes I did go with my 2 children. It caused a lot of tension in the house for a few months as he really didn't think we should be going, he wasn't opposed to using guilt tactics. 
    In the end though I knew I wanted to go and so did the kids so yes we went. We had an amazing time with family, they had such a good time with cousins and they all talk about it all the time! I can't imagine how I and they would have felt if we had missed out. 
  • Very happy for you to have stood your ground and that things still somehow turned out to be okay in the household afterwards x