Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Trying to conceive, help needed

hi hi ladies, I had a Mc in September 21 and decided to try again but it’s not working and I am starting to worry as I am 36 and would be my 1st pregnancy. I am taking folic acid but not sure if I am doing something wrong… any advice would be greatly appreciated x

Replies

• hi hi ladies, I had a Mc in September 21 and decided to try again but it’s not working and I am starting to worry as I am 36 and would be my 1st pregnancy. I am taking folic acid but not sure if I am doing something wrong… any advice would be greatly appreciated x
  • Hi, 

Sorry to hear about your mc :( 

Try not to worry about age, it really doesn't necessarily mean anything. I had 2 chemical pregnancies when we started TTC and thought there was a problem. But it was just luck with catching it at the right time. I now have a 15 month old and I had him a month before I turned 37. He is my first, and we are hoping we might have another. 

I bet you are not doing anything wrong at all 🥰 just try not to panic...easier said than done, I know! X
  • Hi hi 

Thank you so much for your kind words and reassurance, it means the world to hear that. It’s so frustrating when you are doing everything right and want it so badly and you dread having that period.  I don’t want to stress about it but it’s only a few days before my period that I start to panic! 

However I am ready to buy those ovulation kits to see if it works lol.
    I wish you all the best and hear your good news for baby number 2 ♥️♥️♥️
  • You are very welcome, I'm so pleased it has helped a bit :)

A few things I did which might have helped our chances were using pre-seed, using ovulation sticks to get the right days and doing my temperature every morning. I am going to try not to do those things this time though, because I got really obsessed with it :/ this time I'm going to try the more relaxed approach......well that's the plan haha, I bet I end up doing it all again!!! 

Thank you so much 🥰 x
  • Lol I am sure you will be fine this time round…. you’ve got the experience now lol 😝 

thank you for the tips, really appreciate it 😘 I will try it for sure, although not sure about the taking temperature every morning (I didn’t know it was a thing) ♥️ 
    I am even having fruit juices every morning lol to help 😂😂😂😂

• Haha good, very nice! 
    I had read on here that other people were taking their temperature and thought I would try it. It's called basal body temperature I think, and it pinpoints when you ovulate. I found it worked well actually and was accurate. I just ordered a thermometer off Amazon, it has to be to 2 decimal places. And then there was an app I downloaded to put the temperature in every day. It was a free app and was fab! It gives you a chart to show the temperature rise after ovulation. Fertility Friend I think 🤔 oh my goodness I have literally just talked myself into doing this again 🤣🤣🤣 I would recommend trying it x
  • Ha ha I wish I could do all that, it would drive me insane as I would get so obsessed so maybe I’ll pass on that bit lol! I am tempted to go buy the conceive plus tablets ? Have you tried these or know of anyone who has? The reviews are pretty amazing 🤗 xxx

• I haven't myself, I'm sure I recognise the name so it will have been on here that I'll have seen someone talking about them. That's great that the reviews are so positive :) I guess all you can do it try, and you can always try different things if you feel they are not helping. 
    What really helped me to relax with it a bit is knowing that even if you have done everything to try and make it happen, I read that it is something crazy like 25% chance of happening. I told myself that really it was luck as much as anything. So many months I felt like we must have fallen pregnant because we had timed it perfectly.....but then have the heartbreak of all the negative tests. But I look back and think that the time was just not right then. 

Ah I really wish you the best of luck with it 🥰🥰🥰 keep me updated, I have my fingers crossed xx
  • Thanks lovely lady! I appreciate it and you are right …. It’s all about luck at the end of the day ♥️ Keep me updated about your journey too and wishing you all the best of luck 🤞 ♥️♥️♥️
  • Will do xx 💕
  • Good luck @Alis20 and hello @SmithL35!! We are literally about to start trying again and I’ve started temping and peeing on ovulation sticks already 😂😂😂
  • Hi @RememberToBreathe, when was your little one born? Were you in the Sept 20 group?? 
    I ordered ovulation sticks today!!!! They should arrive tomorrow, good old Amazon Prime!! 🤣🤣
    Best of luck to us all x
  • SmithL35 said:
    Hi @RememberToBreathe, when was your little one born? Were you in the Sept 20 group?? 
    I ordered ovulation sticks today!!!! They should arrive tomorrow, good old Amazon Prime!! 🤣🤣
    Best of luck to us all x
    Nope! December 2020! Little one is 13 months and I just got my period back. Hurrah!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • @RememberToBreathe I am ordering some right now lol! We got this girls! @SmithL35 love Amazon prime 😂😂
  • I won’t lie @Alis20 I’m more excited about it all in my head if that makes sense. I can feel the anxiety building already!
  • I am the same zxx I will be ovulating on Tuesday according to the flo app so let’s see 😂😂😂 I just don’t understand the one day off and one day on bit! Surely it’s better when you do it every day 😂😝
  • @RememberToBreathe I know what you mean about the excitement  I feel like that! Aw I remember your name from when I was on here trying for my first 💕

@Alis20 yeah we have got this!!! 🥰🥰 xx
  • @Alis20 we have always done every other day on the basis that sperm actually needs a little time to replenish so if you do it every day then actually there won’t be any decent sperm?! We should be doing it tonight but I’ve just had a massive go at my husband because he’s just told me he’s doing a bike ride thing (indoor bike) and we were out all day yesterday and have so much tidying and cleaning today and I want to go for a run so don’t actually know how to fit it all in. Apparently the answer is to sod the cleaning - not really an option if you ask me!!!!! Honestly I do wonder how we’ll even survive with a toddler and a baby and a dog!!!!
  • Hahah that made me chuckle lol bless our man! Sometimes they don’t think things through like we do 😂 how about he helps with the cleaning and you still get your action/donation or get him to do the cleaning lol and you put your feet up!…. 😂😂😂♥️ I am staying at my moms this weekend so heading back to the husband on Monday so I can my donation on my ovulation day as per the flow app lol, I will try the one day off method (newly weds still) !😂😂 bit harder for us lol wink wink 
  • @Alis20 it all got done. He would be fine to leave mess but I hate it!! All well though, cleaning done, run done, baby making done 😂 Based on my temperature and pains, I think I ovulated this morning so 🤞🏻