Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bleeding like a period and pregnant any one experienced this?

Hi all
So I have had a number of miscarriages so not very hopeful but asking the question anyway….

I found out I was pregnant a few days before AF. Unfortunately AF arrived right on time (and completely normal in terms of blood loss etc) So I presumed chemical pregnancy at first but curiosity got the better of me and I continued to test with good line progression and clear blue weeks indicator increasing, I’ve had my bloods (HCG) done and they are doubling as they should (all my miscarriages have at this stage so dont really pay attention to this too much) 

I guess what I’m asking is has anyone had a period like bleed around the time AF was due and continued to have a successful pregnancy? Any info/story welcome, good or bad. 

thanks 😊

Replies

• Hi lovely I didn’t want to read and run! It’s good your hcg levels are doubling !!! I am currently 32 weeks and I bleed when I wiped around 8 weeks for about 4 days but my periods are 4 days long and this pregnancy is perfectly normal :) I hope this gives you some reassurance but unfortunately some women bleed and have a miscarriage some it’s normal to bleed just try and not worry xxx
  • Hi thanks for your response. Confirmed ectopic today unfortunately x
  • Oh hun hope your okay xxxx 
  • Thank you! I don’t think it’s actually sunk in yet that it’s actually happened. Having my tube removed today 😢 xx