Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Is it possible to have implantation bleeding if I was 6 days late on my period?!

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and I apologize that I'm unfamiliar with the lingos. Lol. My cycle is usually regular, 28-30. I use a tracker on my app to track my cycle. I had my period in November (17th-21st) like normal, the usual 5 days of heavy bleeding the first 3 days and the last 2 days, it eases up. I usually bleed VERY heavily. Like clots, getting it everywhere when I use the toilet and having to change my pad maybe 2- 3 times a day. I had my period like normal in December from the 15th- 19th. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on the 18th and then the 31st. We had sex again on the 1st, 7th, 8th and 9th. All times unprotected. Now, my period was supposed to be on the 12th-16th and I completely forgot about my period so then this past Monday, I remembered that I hadn't had my period and checked my app and saw that I was 5 days late. I was curious and took a test and it was negative. Tuesday morning, around 1230am, I went to pee and when I wiped, I noticed a slight tinged of red. I had very, super light cramps and a pinchy achy feeling in the middle of my lower back. I didn't think much about it. When I finally woke up and used the toilet again, it was reddish and slimy. That was day 1. Day 2 and 3, it's been reddish brown, rust colored if you will, and it's so super light. Almost watery. Not enough to soak up a pad completely like I usually would. Like I said, my period are super heavy, full of clots and I get bad cramps. If I were to guess, all the blood I have lost the last 3 days wouldn't soak up 1 of my overnight pad I wear. So, does anybody have a guess?! I have been Googling up a storm about implantation bleeding and reading about other people's experiences. Yes, I do want to be pregnant as we have tried for years in the 11 years we've been together. 

Replies

• Hmm, well it’s weird that your last period was in Nov? Not sure what’s going on there. Did you have a normal period in Dec?  Anyways it just sounds like your period is off a bit. If you spot a little bit with no real cycle then you should take a prego test 10 days later for best results or later. 
  • Mamakoko said:
    Hmm, well it’s weird that your last period was in Nov? Not sure what’s going on there. Did you have a normal period in Dec?  Anyways it just sounds like your period is off a bit. If you spot a little bit with no real cycle then you should take a prego test 10 days later for best results or later. 
    Good morning! I did have my period in December. It was from the 15th to the 19th. Like I had stated, my period is always heavy for the first couple of days. Usually clotting, needing to change my pad 2 to 3 times a day if needed. Bad cramps and headaches. Always checking to make sure that I'm not leaking and what not. It's that heavy. This time around, it was VERY light. Hardly any cramping. I felt normal if that makes any sense. The amount of blood that I had lost (it was 6 days total of very light bleeding that ranged from the pinkish CM to bright red and finally rust colored) wouldn't have filled up 1 pad. I usually bleed for 5 days total, if I'm lucky, 4 although that is rare. 
  • Hi RoblinBaby did your period eventually arrive? I'm going through similar situation now x
  • Hi RoblinBaby did your period eventually arrive? I'm going through similar situation now x
    Hi Emmaloulou! I never got a regular period last month, aside from what I went though with the super light bleeding for 6 days. I haven't taken a test yet as I'm holding out to see if I would get my period this month. I checked my app yesterday and I'm due to have my period in 9 days. For the past few weeks, I'm bloated in a way that I have never been bloated before. I look as if I'm 5-6 months pregnant. I have these twinges every now and then. Nothing painful. I had minor breast aches and whatnot. No nausea but I think it's due to me having 2 daith ear piercing to help with my headaches. However, I have had major dry mouth and this annoying metallic, sour taste in my mouth. I'll come back with an update if I get my period or not. I sure hope not!