Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Nearly 40 and trying

Hi, I’ve been here a year or so ago. Still trying. But nearly 40. We had a loss may 2020 and I’m too scared to go docs without trying all things possible first. I’ve tried the pregnacare and the trying for a baby. Not tried anything at all for the last 8 months or so. Is there anything anyone can suggest. I’m CD2 at present. Hope everyone is well. And hi if there is anyone here I used to chat to. 

Replies

• Hey hope your well been looking out for you and some of the oldies from our trying to conceive group not sure if you remember me my little boy is 5 months old now fingers crossed you get your little miracle soon x
  • Of course I remember you. Wow congratulations hun. We been so busy setting up a business and not long started another at the farm. More lambs this year. Even a set of triplets. X
  • Thank you :)  sounds like business is going well and keeping you busy I net there be lots of lambs arriving in the next few months 
  • We have 15 so far with bout 8 ewes left to lamb. Couple of them look like could be twins. Hope all the other ladies from group are doing well xx
  • hey! My mom got pregnant with my youngest sister at 42 years old. I think by the time my sister was born my mom was about to be 43. She claims she was the only one planned lol. She said that she tried to better her diet and not to become too obsessed over getting pregnant. Because the stress also affects your body. She also went in regularly with her doctor and took her folic acid months before trying to get pregnant
  • Thank you for your comment. I have been better eating recently compared to when we first started trying. I don’t obsess so much as I used to. I tend to use Ov strips when I know it’s due just to help pin point a time frame. I don’t do temping. I’m back on pregnacare although I’m really not great at remembering to take them. I will be contacting my doc soon to make sure I’m in working order though. Again thank you for your reply x
  • Thank you for your comment. I have been better eating recently compared to when we first started trying. I don’t obsess so much as I used to. I tend to use Ov strips when I know it’s due just to help pin point a time frame. I don’t do temping. I’m back on pregnacare although I’m really not great at remembering to take them. I will be contacting my doc soon to make sure I’m in working order though. Again thank you for your reply x
    No problem! Keep us updated!
  • Will do thank you. Hope your journey is an easier one than mine x
  • Will do thank you. Hope your journey is an easier one than mine x
    I hope so too because I had an ectopic pregnancy last December. It was my first pregnancy. After you have one you are at a higher risk to have another onw
  • And I am barely 23
  • I am so so sorry. I’ve not experienced one I can’t begin to imagine how you feel. I hope that your next is a much healthier and safe one for you. I lost in may 2020 but I don’t think my body was ready for it. 
    I really wish u all the baby dust ever xx
  • I do feel your pain. I already had children but for ten years we were trying for this baby, I hit 41 and thought that was it, felt rough like I was starting to go through the Menopause, but now I am 25 weeks pregnant with my little girl. We lost her twin brother early on, which was/is painful, but just wanted to offer some hope. We fell pregnant around the time I kind of gave up...still doesn't feel real after ten years of negatives and desperate prayers. I so hope you get your little miracle soon. Don't give up! xx
  • @Carriecakes I’m so sorry I thought I had replied. I’m hoping you had a safe arrival. And all is going well. 
    I’m currently in the stage I don’t know what’s happening. X
  • I am sorry to know your story and wish you all the best on your journey.
  • @rainydayy thank you for your comment. We have accepted it’s not happening. However we though we was on that road this month as I was four days late then two days spotting really weird then two days full af. Which was really sad. I had built my hopes up: as it was the most weirdest af I’ve ever had 
  • @GwentonEmmy any decisions of yours you are happy with are okay. However, try not to give up - some friends of mine had 7th or 8th IVF success and long, long journey what was exhausting. But now they are the happiest people on the planet. Fingers crossed.
  • @rainydayy we won’t be going down that road. We do have two children each from previous. Just would have been nice to have one together too. We tried since 2020. We can’t afford IVF and will not use any funding available to help as that is better used for couples that have none at all. We have an amazing future planned together. We won’t give up just not put so much pressure on us. May I ask your story of ttc x