Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bleeding at around 4 weeks pregnant

I’m around 4/5 weeks pregnant, I’ve started bleeding today red blood, not super heavy and it starts and stops. Have spoken to GP and has advised me to wait a few days to see if this stops. Wondered if anyone else had experienced this and any advise would be great as I’m thinking the worst.

Replies

• LysiaLysia Regular
    edited Mar 7, 2022 9:51PM
    Hi there! I was bleeding from 4 weeks to 6 weeks. I had very light spotting, which is the most important thing to keep an eye on. 
    I went for 2 early scans and they confirmed my baby is healthy with a normal heartbeat.

I completely understand how scary any bleeding is but unless you see clotting or get bad cramps, try not to worry too much. Rest when you can and drink lots of water. Do try and get an early pregnancy scan though, it will provide so much comfort and peace of mind!

P.s. my bleeding did stop after 6 weeks
  • Thank you so much! I have woken up today and it’s still heavy, I have spoken to the GP and he’s arranging for me to see the early pregnancy unit. I’m worried as when I woke up this morning I had a little clot and I’m unsure if it was just getting up or if MC. Can only think the worse at this stage

thank you for your reassurance! Xxx
  • Mum2022 said:
    Thank you so much! I have woken up today and it’s still heavy, I have spoken to the GP and he’s arranging for me to see the early pregnancy unit. I’m worried as when I woke up this morning I had a little clot and I’m unsure if it was just getting up or if MC. Can only think the worse at this stage

thank you for your reassurance! Xxx
    Aww, I’m honestly praying for the best for you! 
     Try to have hope even though it’s incredibly hard right now! Xxx