Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Ovulation test

Hi everyone, I’m looking for some help. I’ve been ttc my second baby for a few months (last time it seemed to easy). I’ve been using ovulation test strips the past few months but decided to use the clear blue digital one this month and I got a solid smiley face when I tested yesterday but it was my last one in the box so this morning I wanted to double check and I used a strip test and I’m not sure if the result. Didn’t get a chance to do the deed yesterday and things got in the way so really hoping I haven’t missed my window

Replies

• I've only used the digital ones but when I get the solid smiley that's 2 days of "peak fertility"... so if you got your first solid smiley yesterday then today's test is also showing positive for the second day which seems right 
  • So I still have a chance if I have sex today/tonight? 
  • Yes i think so. You ovulate 24-36 hours after you first get your static smiley. And then the egg can survive for 24 hours after that - so conception possible up to 2.5ish days after first smiley 
  • Thank you. It’s been 6 years since I had to go through the stress of ttc 
  • Good luck 🤞🤞 I've just started my ttc journey this month for baby #2 after 4 years and I definitely had blanked out the stress of it all! 
  • Good luck to you too, it definitely seemed less stressful last time 
  • Thank you! 🥰