Forum home Product Tests Product tests

Winalot Meaty Chunks in Gravy Puppy dog food pouches: the feedback review thread

DanielleMFMDanielleMFM admin
edited May 26, 2022 8:35AM in Product tests

Hello. 

This is the feedback thread for those of you who are testing the Winalot Meaty Chunks in Gravy Puppy dog food pouches as part of our latest MadeForMums product test.

Please give us your feedback on this thread by answering the following 5 questions and providing your pictures of your puppy.

Everyone who leaves quality feedback by answering all 5 questions and providing pictures (and is part of our product test) will be entered into a draw to win the £200 Amazon voucher.

Feedback Questions

1. What did you think of the Winalot Meaty Chunks in Gravy Puppy Pouches dog food upon receiving it?
2. Please tell us how your puppy responded to the Winalot puppy food?
3. Please share with us a picture of your pup eating the Winalot food. (To upload a picture, press the little ‘attach image’ button in the textbox toolbar)
4. At £3.95 for a box of 12 x 100g pouches of food, do you think this is good value for money?
5. Would you recommend the Winalot Meaty Chunks in Gravy Puppy Pouches to other puppy owners?

Thank you for providing your feedback and good luck.

Note: We may request to share your feedback comments and images with Nestle, the owners of the Winalot, for their future advertising and marketing material. See full Ts&Cs here.

Replies

• On receiving this I thought the packaging was strong and sturdy. but thought the pictures of the puppy seemed dated. our puppy loved this and gobbled it quickly.  i think that they are good value for money  but would like the option for bigger packs as my puppy would currently have 4 pouches a day. but other than that i would recommend to others.
  • 1. What did you think of the Winalot Meaty Chunks in Gravy Puppy Pouches dog food upon receiving it?

On receiving the package I thought the box was very sturdy, and I liked the perforated area to open the box easily, allowing me to keep the pouches in it and use it for storage. 

The first time I mixed it in with our Frenchie's dry food, he ate the lot (which is the picture below). The second day, I did the exact same but he didn't eat either meal at all unfortunately and I had to throw both meals away and replace them with his usual food/meat. Today I tried with a pouch of the meat alone which he did eat eventually, but this is not substantial - I would have had to use a lot of pouches for the same quantity of food for his weight. He's also had an upset stomach this afternoon with lots of smells emanating from his behind I'm afraid to say.

3. Please share with us a picture of your pup eating the Winalot food. (To upload a picture, press the little ‘attach image’ button in the textbox toolbar)

The picture was taken the first time he ate it with his normal kibble (I put a whole pouch in with his kibble this time), but as mentioned above, he wouldn't eat it the next day at all and I had to throw out a lot of food and replace.

Video here of him eating the food the first time.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hZjhDtqEZqRXo7MV7

4. At £3.95 for a box of 12 x 100g pouches of food, do you think this is good value for money?

I think this is okay value for money but 12 pouches would only last 12 days in our house when mixed with dry food, so would require more than two boxes a month. I have seen when shopping an even larger box of these pouches (though perhaps not puppy-aged ones) that are about £9 for 48 pouches which is excellent value and I'd be much more inclined to buy in that quantity.

5. Would you recommend the Winalot Meaty Chunks in Gravy Puppy Pouches to other puppy owners?

I would certainly recommend giving this food a go! The pouches and box are nice and convenient, less messy than cans, etc. However, every dog is different and changing their food sometimes needs patience and persistence even if they don't seem to like it at first. I will try another couple of pouches this week and see if any luck, but really don't want to waste much more of the expensive dry food, unfortunately. 

• 1. What did you think of the Winalot Meaty Chunks in Gravy Puppy Pouches dog food upon receiving it?
    My puppy eats a lot of food, so my initial thought was that this wasn't a very big box and wouldn't last very long. However, I thought that the branding looked good and the packaging was very practical. I did find the feeding chart a little bit confusing and I think this could be better explained. 

My puppy, Marli, absolutely loved the food. She was jumping up at the side where I was preparing her lunch to try and get to it before I'd finished emptying the packet - she doesn't usually do this. In the end, I finished mixing the pouch with her usual dry food and she ate the whole bowl and licked it clean. She was perfectly fine after eating the food too, I was worried it might change her poop for the worst but it didn't have any impact.

3. Please share with us a picture of your pup eating the Winalot food. Attached

I don't think I'd agree that it's good value for money, but I would say it's average. This box would last us just under 3 days so would work out to around £39.50 per month, which is about what we spend on her food.

Yes, I'd recommend other puppy owners to give it a go. They are convenient and would be especially great if we were going out for the day and needed to take lunch for her. 

I thought the packaging and presentation of the pouches were great. They were very appealing looking and the information re ingredients and portion sizes was very clear and informative. 

Poppy adored the Winalot puppy food! She licked the bowl dry. Usually she is fussy with new foods but not this time. 

These  pouches are fantastic value for money. They contain quality natural ingredients and Poppy loved them. Not a drop was wasted. 

I definitely would recommend Winalot Meaty Chunks in Gravy Puppy Pouches to other puppy owners and have done so already. Poppy loved them! 

I liked the packaging, it has a vintage look to it which definitely appeals to me. Everything was clear and easy to read. 

Seth absolutely devoured the food, he can be quite a fussy thing, but this lasted minutes. However it did leave him with quite an upset tummy, but it could have been how fast he ate it. We ended up mixing it up with his dry biscuits which helped a bit with the problem. 

I think it's pretty much the going rate for puppy food, however I do agree that it'd cost me a fortune to feed him solely on this, but if we were to go out on day trips then taking a few pouches would definitely be handy. 

I would for day excursions or for owners of small dogs. The handyness of the packet is a bonus for them, but for a medium size to larger dog I think it'll just be too costly. 

• 1. What did you think of the Winalot Meaty Chunks in Gravy Puppy Pouches dog food upon receiving it? 

The food was well packaged and the way the box opened meant we could keep the pouches in there and use it as it’s own storage. My only observation on packaging is that it isn’t immediately obvious that it’s puppy food. The older looking dog on the front would make me quite likely to overlook it as being adult food on the shelf. When we opened a pouch we were pleasantly surprised to see how big the meat chunks are. It looked really good quality! 

2. Please tell us how your puppy responded to the Winalot puppy food?

We feed Rex mixed dry and wet so we kept his kibble the same. He absolutely gobbled it down! We tried the next time to separate the wet and dry for him and he went straight to the wet so it must be yummy for him! 

3. Please share with us a picture of your pup eating the Winalot food. (To upload a picture, press the little ‘attach image’ button in the textbox toolbar)

Eagerly watching his dinner arriving…

4. At £3.95 for a box of 12 x 100g pouches of food, do you think this is good value for money?

It is comparable to the market and given the quality of the Winalot food, yes it is good value. However, it would be good to see the option of it in a can. As pups appetites grow or for larger breeds, they’ll get through the pouches very quickly so it could become expensive. 
    Cans tend to be a more affordable way of buying dog food.

I would for smaller breeds or young puppies, yes. The composition is good and lower fat than some brands out there (an important factor for our breed).
    We loved how generous the meaty chunks were and the addition of some vegetables is also nice. 
    The packaging was good - I like the way that the box opened for you to take out a pouch at a time and it was easy to store.  It was good to get the chance to try two different flavours.  When I read the information on the back of the box, I found it quite confusing about how many pouches would be needed, depending on whether you fed your dog just pouches or a mix of dry food and pouches.
    Woody loved the Winalot Meaty Chunks - he didn't leave anything in his bowl.  He usually eats dry food mainly, which he wolfs down.  When I gave him a mixture of Winalot food and his dry food, he actually took a bit longer to finish his food.
    I think it is probably comparable to other brands of similar products, but it would work out quite expensive for me, as 12 pouches would not last very long for Woody.  
    I think it is a good option for very young puppies or small breeds.  Before they are ready to move onto dry food, this is a good quality product for growing puppies.  The meat was chunky and it was nice to see some vegetables in the mix too.  I would certainly buy these pouches for the odd treat in the future.

Nice and colourful packaging , I love this carton box, very easy to take a pouch and just to keep the others tidy and no need to find special container for them 
    she absolutely love the smell (and actually I like it too , its so yummi) , was crazy for it and was jumping everywhere 

I think its quite good value 
    yes absolutely, already recommended though
  • edited May 25, 2022 2:13PM
    1 upon getting the mixed box I thought it was a good use of sizing and loved the pouches to open and decant into her bowl.  The colours used are great too.  I like the perforated top so you can keep using the box for storage too. The food has more rich colours than other similar brands aswell, meaning more effort in ingredients has been used. 

2. My puppy adored the food, practically inhaling it and recognising the box and pouches each time after.
    3. See pictures.
    4. It is excellent value for money and is on par with other brands of the same type foods etc.  
    5. I recommend this food in a heartbeat to others!  It's brilliant.  

Thanks so much 🙂 Morna. 
    Thought the packaging looked great - really nice colours with very clear instructions and flavour detail. Also easy to open box, and able to remove and open individual packages without any troubles.
    He was very intrigued by the packaging and couldn't wait to try! He tucked in straight away and finished the whole bowl very quickly. I think his favourite flavour was with lamb with carrots!
    3. At £3.95 for a box of 12 x 100g pouches of food, do you think this is good value for money?
    Fantastic value for money, especially compared to other brands we've tried.
    4. Would you recommend the Winalot Meaty Chunks in Gravy Puppy Pouches to others
    100% would recommend and we'll certainly be switching over! 

• Hello everyone.

Thank you all so much for being part of this Winalot Puppy/MadeForMums product test,  we have really enjoyed reading your feedback and seeing your pictures. 

The winner of the £200 Amazon voucher is @MrsRodgers416 - Katie from our team will be in touch with you about your prize. 

Thank you all again for providing feedback, we're closing this thread now to comments as this product test is closed. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions