Forum home Product Tests Product tests

Winalot Senior (7+) Dog Food Pouches: the feedback review thread

DanielleMFMDanielleMFM admin
edited Jul 26, 2022 10:33AM in Product tests

Like what you read below? Click here for an exclusive £1 off your next box of Winalot pouches. 

Hello. 

This is the feedback thread for those of you who are testing the Winalot Senior (7+) Dog Food Pouches as part of our latest MadeForMums product test.

Please give us your feedback on this thread by answering the following 5 questions and providing your pictures of your senior dog.

Everyone who leaves quality feedback by answering all 5 questions and providing pictures (and is part of our product test) will be entered into a draw to win the £200 Amazon voucher.

Feedback Questions

1. What did you think of the Winalot Senior (7+) Dog Food Pouches upon receiving it?
2. Please tell us how your senior dog responded to the Winalot food?
3. Please share with us a picture of your dog eating the Winalot food. (To upload a picture, press the little ‘picture’ button in the textbox toolbar)
4. At £3.25 for a box of 12 x 100g pouches of food, do you think this is good value for money?
5. Would you recommend the Winalot Senior (7+) Dog Food Pouches to other senior dog owners?

Thank you for providing your feedback and good luck.

Note: We may request to share your feedback comments and images with Nestle, the owners of the Winalot, for their future advertising and marketing material. See full Ts&Cs here.

Replies

•  1. What did you think of the Winalot Senior (7+) Dog Food Pouches upon receiving it?

The boxes are nicely designed and have lots of information on them as to what is included in the pouches. It's also nice to read the history of the brand. Its great to have a couple of flavours too for the dogs to have.

I've been testing with 14 year old Odie, and though his eyesight is going, his sense of smell certainly isn't! As soon as I opened the first pouch his nose was in the air, while he waited for his tea to be served. He's usually fed on a good dry kibble with smaller pieces, and some of a tin of meat from another brand on top to entice him. I found that he was able to eat this meat in gravy much easier and had finished his bowl a lot quicker! He's licked his bowl clean every time since having the pouches in with his biscuits, so I'm pretty sure he's a fan.

3. Please share with us a picture of your dog eating the Winalot food. (To upload a picture, press the little ‘picture’ button in the textbox toolbar)

Pictures attached!

4. At £3.25 for a box of 12 x 100g pouches of food, do you think this is good value for money?

I think this is great value for money at only 27p a meal! I mix with kibble so it is cheaper, and would cost more if your dog was fed solely on the pouches. For his weight the box says that he should have 6 a day, so this box would only last 2 days. But as a topper with his kibble, I've found it to be perfect and will be buying again because of how much he has enjoyed it.

5. Would you recommend the Winalot Senior (7+) Dog Food Pouches to other senior dog owners?

Yes definitely! They're a good price pouch and filled with lots of goodies for older dogs. Its also got the big thumbs up from the big man Odie himself, as it has encouraged him to eat his dinner every day and is obviously enjoying them.

• 1. What did you think of the Winalot Senior (7+) Dog Food Pouches upon receiving it?

I thought the pouches were nicely presented and fit well into the box, easy to store considering there are 12 pouches compared to his usual trays. The serving sizes are perfect for my old man Alfie, and a nice choice of flavours to choose from. 

Alfie is 14, and his favourite thing in the world is food! Haha! He was very interested to have a rummage through the box, and has polished off each pouch that he has been given (the beef seems to be his favourite). He has meat mixed with his biscuits and a little water normally as its a bit softer for his teeth, and the gravy seems to soften the biscuits a little too so seems to be a bit easier for him to eat.

Pics attached :)

I think the pouches are great value for money, Alfie has had 2 pouches per day alongside his biscuits, so for less than £0.60 per day you can't really go wrong. He's really enjoyed them and deserves some tasty (and healthy) food in his old age.

5. Would you recommend the Winalot Senior (7+) Dog Food Pouches to other senior dog owners?

Yes I would recommend the pouches, I have already mentioned about them to my sister for her dog who will be 7 in August and can be a bit fussy! We will be buying them again for Alfie as he has really enjoyed them. 

• Hi ☺️ What did you think of the Winalot Senior (7+) Dog Food Pouches upon receiving it?

We thought it looked lovely, there was plenty of information on the box and new flavours for our dog to try!

Please tell us how your senior dog responded to the Winalot food?

He loved it and got very excited! His tummy was alot more settled too which was great.

At £3.25 for a box of 12 x 100g pouches of food, do you think this is good value for money?

Brilliant value as it's great to know his health is catered for and he loves the taste!

Would you recommend the Winalot Senior (7+) Dog Food Pouches to other senior dog owners?

Absolutely! I would highly recommend,☺️

Please share with us a picture of your dog eating the Winalot food.
  • 1. What did you think of the Winalot Senior (7+) Dog Food Pouches upon receiving it?

Really like the box and the packaging had all the information on the product you needed so was great.

He was very excited and as the pouches are a gravy variety it was nice and easy for him to eat. He ate is all and even looked at me like where is the rest!

Very good value, was very surprised the price was much lower than I thought it might be. 

5. Would you recommend the Winalot Senior (7+) Dog Food Pouches to other senior dog owners?

Definitely, I have already mentioned to my mum who has a older dog. 
  • Feedback Questions

1. What did you think of the Winalot Senior (7+) Dog Food Pouches upon receiving it?

The box that we received was full of information and it was nice to read about the brand’s history. It’s so important to know what your dog is eating so it’s very good that ingredients are included as senior dogs can have more health conditions and what they eat is a major factor. The pouches are plain but they don’t need to be anything more then what they are. It tells you what the flavour is and the other significant information that is needed. The pouches don’t need to be fancy and bright, it’s straight forward and to the point.

Our Jack has recently become an only dog, and hasn’t been as interested in food as he used to. But he would happily scoff down his Winalot even when we are having dinner ourselves (he usually waits and hopes for leftovers). I’m very glad to have a food that I know he will eat and will literally try to eat out of the pouch given a chance. So from Jack it’s a 10 out of 10. 

Amazing value for money! Like all families at the moment we are feeling the pinch of the rising costs in everything. So it’s amazing to find a food that is such a good price for the quality you get. 

Definitely a recommend product. For all of the factors included above I can honestly say that we have and will continue to recommend Winalot.

• 1.Vibrant colouring on packaging will make it stand out from other dog food packs,excellent size for storage,the packages detail all ingredients 👍

2.it’s a winner for Lily,pouch size is perfect,The food is easily chewed and devoured,excellent selection of different meals,she loves it,and no after smell other dog owners will know what I mean 😉

4.The price of £3.25 is perfectly reasonable,I would pay more for this product because Lily absolutely loves it,it’s a premium product 👍

5. Definitely recommend to other dog owners, I think this dog food is perfect for senior dogs who can be fussy at the best of times

• 1. What did you think of the Winalot Senior (7+) Dog Food Pouches upon receiving it? 

I loved the look of the food initially as soon as it arrived, the design of the box, pouches etc looks very premium and clean as well as the nutritional benefits of the food being very obvious on the packaging.

Bentley absolutely loved it! From the moment I opened the pouch he was wagging his tail and licking his lips with excitement! The second the bowl touched the floor he was digging in!

3. Please share with us a picture of your dog eating the Winalot food. 

I think it’s very reasonable! I’ve paid more for other dog food that isn’t even as good quality and my dog has refused it so I would definitely say it’s good value for money!

Yes, I’d definitely recommend it as it’s good value for money, nutritious and my dog loves it! :) 
  • Thank you very much for the opportunity to test Winalot’s senior dogs meaty chunks dog food - Peach, my pug was a huge fan! Here’s our review!

Initially I thought the box was quite small for 12 pouches. We have used pouches from other brands before and in comparison the boxes are larger but usually contain less pouches.

Secondly, I really liked the design of the box. The muted tones, neutral colours of creams, greens and purples with an outline of and outdoor scene in the background give the first impression of natural ingredients, fairly sourced, ‘family owned’, healthy and well thought of in terms of branding.
    This is supported by the Winalot branding stating ‘since 1927’ - nearly a century old, the consumer is reassured that the company has researched the best ingredients for the type of dog being targeted, in this case, senior dogs.
    The three key selling points are on the front of the box, which is supported with small images so it easy to see what their key UPS is for this dog food. 
    When opening the box, I saw a little info about the artist who has designed the outdoor imagery used on the box, a nice touch.
    When I took the pouch out it was evident they were small, as such I knew multiple would be required throughout the day to ensure my dog would be getting the nutrients she needed.  This led me to look at the guidance for food according to weight and to maintain Peach with a weight of 9.5kg (a small dog) she would need 6 pouches a day, that therefore meant this box would only last 2 days if I fed her wet food alone. 

Peach absolutely loved it, the first pouch was demolished in a couple of minutes, she was also very excited to receive it. When I opened the pouch she immediately started wagging her tail and was eager to get stuck in.
    She barely gave it a sniff before tucking in and licked every last bit from her bowl. She seemed very happy after finishing the food - I would be very confident giving it to her again, knowing she would eat it, and enjoy it. I would almost be tempted to use a food bowl with ridges which has the function of slowing down the dog from eating too quickly. She did burp a few times after she finished!

Initially it does sounds good value however when realising quiet how many pouches are required if you were to feed your dog wet pouches alone it becomes a premium choice for dog food. For example, Peach is nearly 10kg so she would need approximately 6 pouches a day. That therefore means the box would last 2 days. 15 would be required for the month which would be £48.75 a month. That is quite pricey, and baring in mind the new cost of living crisis, increasing energy bills etc and the fact that due to the dog being senior insurance is already more expensive and vets bills are more frequent due to more chances of illness or injury, it becomes a premium product in terms of price. Having said that, lots of owners spend a lot of money on their pets and knowing that you are feeding them food they enjoy, will eat without any concerns and it packed full of natural, healthy ingredients is reassuring. I’m sure lots of owners would consider it. I personally would mix it with dry food to make it more economical and I know she would enjoy it just as much if it was mixed in. 

If you have a large dog I would consider this a very expensive option and would probably not recommend unless they had a larger potion size option in perhaps a can or a larger pouch to make it easier to give the appropriate amount of food. 

As an owner of a small, senior dog I was reassured by the USPs that the food was natural and quality ingredients were being used, further more the knowledge that it is specifically tailored to meet her needs is also reassuring, it could lead to less vets bills in the long run if she was eating healthily and getting all the vitamins and minerals she needs. The fact she absolutely loved it was also a real big plus. I would prefer a larger box with more pouches, perhaps a bigger box meaning better value so it could at least last the week rather than having to buy multiple boxes.
    when I received the dog food pouches. I was impressed by the size of the box. It was easy to carry and to hold. I found the colours eye catching. I also enjoyed reading the story of Winalot on the side of the box.

I found the pouches slightly small but I like that you get 12. It was easy to see the flavours on the pouches

Sasha was over excited as soon as she could smell the food! She was pawing at my leg as I was putting the food into her bowl. She barely came up for air when eating the food. 

I put the food with biscuits and she licked the gravy off of each biscuit she enjoyed it that much.

I think the value for money is good as these are portioned out. However I think I would prefer the option of a box with more pouches in at a discounted price. This way I wouldn’t have to buy them so often. 

i would recommend these dog food pouches to senior dog owners. Sasha really seemed to enjoy these pouches and as they are portioned it makes feeding time more streamlined and keeps the dog happier. 
    I thought the packing was designed well with lots of clear information and history of the brand. The box itself was closed securely and sturdy. 
    Aa soon as I opened the packaging Kenti was interested. He loved the smell of the food and as soon as it was in the dish he was pleased and straight in there making meal time enjoyable. 
    Pictures uploaded 
    I do think this is good value for money, especially during the current climate. I feel the pouches help to keep the food much fresher too. 
    Yes I would. I think the food looks soft enough for senior dogs to eat and my dog had no issues or struggles eating it. You could see the chunks were sliced thinly. 
  • Hello everyone.

Thank you all so much for being part of this Winalot Senior Dogs/MadeForMums product test, we have really enjoyed reading your feedback and seeing your pictures. 

The winner of the £200 Amazon voucher is @Loubie8789 🥳 -  Katie from our team will be in touch with you about your prize. 

Thank you all again for providing feedback, we're closing this thread now to comments as this product test is closed. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions