Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Am I bad?!

We have been trying for a baby for 6 months, found out a family member who recently got married has fallen on in the first month. I want to be happy for them but I can’t help but feeling gutted it isn’t us. Has anyone else experienced this? Or got any tips to deal with this? I feel such a bad person!! 

Replies

• You're not a bad person.  I've been here.  It's painful.  It doesn't make you bad,  just the fact that you hope for something for yourself.  We are human.  Don't be hard on yourself.  When your baby comes you will know your wait was for a reason.  I hope its your turn very soon!!! 
  • Benka96Benka96 Regular
    edited Aug 22, 2022 7:54PM
    I had a miscarriage 2 years ago and after found out my fried is pregnant. I started crying when she said it and had to leave the room. But after that I got my rainbow baby and now she's 16 months,  and I just found out I'm pregnant again with our 3rd :) 
  • Your feelings never make you a bad person! I think that’s completely normal. I lost my first baby at 20 weeks and have always found it difficult hearing when others are pregnant and even more so now that I’m TTC again. Be kind to yourself and it’s okay to feel happy for your friend but also sad for yourself.