Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Job and trying

Hi everyone
I've been struggling with my problem for some time and feel that I need some help and support and guidance 
for many years I’ve never wanted children but a few months ago it felt the right time, so we started trying, only for 2 months and then I found out I was being made redundant 😪
so we stopped, I feel so down about it as it’s taken us many years to get in this position. So I’m trying to find a new job
But I need to be in that job for a while before I can get maternity pay. But why I am so worried is my mother went through the menopause age 35 I am 34 and I’m monitoring my period each month and they are getting shorter every month! It’s really getting my down I can’t try again without a job but what if it’s too late! 

Replies

• Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a tough time. It's completely understandable to feel worried and uncertain when facing challenges like job loss and concerns about fertility. Firstly, it's normal for periods to vary in length and frequency throughout a woman's reproductive years. However, it's important to prioritize your own wellbeing and financial security. Finding a new job might take some time, but it will ultimately put you in a better position to support yourself and your future family. You might also consider exploring other ways to prepare for pregnancy, such as improving your overall health and well-being through exercise, healthy eating, and stress management techniques. You might also consider egg freezing (more info here) to preserve your healthy eggs. These steps can not only help to boost your fertility but also set you up for a healthy pregnancy when the time comes. Hope this helps.