Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

hi,expecting lil girl with cleft lip and palate.2 weeks 2go.

hi guys,just though i'd introduce myself as i'm new to site.
my names sarah,i'm 22.I have a partner of 3 1/2years matt,27 we're getting married in september 07.I have a 4 year old son,Blake,he's just started school.We have a 2 year old daughter,Brooklynn and now expecting our second daughter new years day and have been told via scans she's got a cleft lip and palate.so if anyones been there or in same situation it'd be great to hear from you as i'd be lyng by saying i'm not abit anxious and worried.
Matt also has a 4 year old son ben who we see every other day and every weekend.
I've just started my maternity leave from tesco's so now have six blissful months off.
Think thats bout all for now so look forward to hearing from anyone who'd like to chat.take care,sarah.

Replies

• hi sarah, congrats on baby and wedding, im due on 30th with baby no 2 so around the same time,i had a friend at work who had cleft lip,and it never stopped her doing anything, dont even think she noticed she had it,your daughter will be gorgeous so dont worry.XXX
  • hi thanks,do you know what your having yet or you having a surprise.if i didn't already have one off each i think i'd have waited but wanted to know wot bedroom arrangements would have to be.have you got any others?
    I swear my lil en has no desire to come before christmas so i can enjoy it with out being kicked in ribs.is yours still really active?i'm sure withmy other two movement had slowed right down due to lack of space but this lil en is stil doing some sort of aerobics in there morning noon and night!starting to panic they've got dates wrong.the end is finally in sight.take care,sarah.
  • Congratulations !!! My little girl was Born with a cleft lip and palate - she is now 6 months old and is doing really well. My husband and I were both really anxious about meeting her but we both fell in love with her straight away as she was and is so beautiful. she had her primary repair at 3 months old which went really well. She will have to have more surgery as she gets older but the care that she has had has been 1st class. It's not easy but try not to worry too much - you will fall in love with your baby and will hardly notice the cleft. Don't be put off by strangers either - we had lot's of stares but it is more down to ignorance than anything else on their behalf. I wish you the very best - enjoy!
  • hi sarah,no didnt want to know adds to the excitement,this 1 is really active now too, i have a little girl already,when i was pregnant with her she hardly moved at all,would you like to go before xmas,i want it out but not yet, just no pleasing us women lol.take care let me know how every goes.XXX
  • hi sarah,no didnt want to know adds to the excitement,this 1 is really active now too, i have a little girl already,when i was pregnant with her she hardly moved at all,would you like to go before xmas,i want it out but not yet, just no pleasing us women lol.take care let me know how every goes.XXX

hi i'd love to have her anytime although theres five days i'd rather she avoided,xmas eve,xmas day,boxing day,new years eve and new years day.lol.like you said no pleasing women.I'm sure she won't give too hoots when i want her to come and will prob come one off those five days.having lots of really low aches and pains and getting back ache but other than that she looks set to stay put.
    keep in touch.sarah.x:\)

hi i'd love to have her anytime although theres five days i'd rather she avoided,xmas eve,xmas day,boxing day,new years eve and new years day.lol.like you said no pleasing women.I'm sure she won't give too hoots when i want her to come and will prob come one off those five days.having lots of really low aches and pains and getting back ache but other than that she looks set to stay put.
    keep in touch.sarah.x:\)
  • im the same especially xmas day,ive been getting the low pains and backache too,my mums next door neighbour was round earlier shes a midwife and she was saying might be near ready to go,didnt get backache with my daughter,so am a bit panicky now.finish work on thurs hope i dont start in there,god that would be embarrasing lol.ill keep everything crossed you dont go on them 5 days.X
  • hi chucky,
    well i've seen my midwife today and all hopes off having baby anytime soon have been smashed as she said heads only two fifths down and thinks i'll def make it past christmas and is pretty sure i'll make it into new year.although bit concerned as 38+2 days now and only measuring 33 and 1/2 cm but she said unless i'm not feeling much movement then i shouldn't worry but i assured her this lil en is overly active so i'm sure alls well.
    i was worried bout having my lil en whilst at work but i've now finished so thats something.i know wot you mean bout it would be embarassing.hope you get through your last day tomorrow ok.
    take care.sarah.
  • hi sarah,made it thru work,no sign of mine coming either which im sort of glad about,just want to get passed xmas,easy for me to say but try not to worry like you said baby is active so she will be fine,i think midwives get paid extra if you walk away worrying lol,going to spend wkend now getting house ready for xmas,prob put myself in hospital,maybe that man of mine will give me a hand,they say miracles happen at xmas ha ha.take care.XXX
  • I don't think christmas is even special enough to make a miracle like a bloke giving a hand happen.lol.I asked my partner a week ago to put screw in wall for a photo and i'm still waiting.He made it look promising though went to all trouble of getting drill screws and everything ready to announce he needed wall plugs and didn't have any.Wot happened to being able to simply put a nail in wall!lol.
    I'm pretty much sorted for christmas.decorated my dining room today as he started it weeks ago and I decided i'd ave to finish it myself if i wanted a nice room to eat christmas dinner in.
    I'm starting to think i'll have my baby early now just with stress off school holidays.lol.its only 2nd day and my son who's only been at school 1 term is driving me mad,god help me when all my three have grown up and are school full time school holidays i'll book myself into a mental home.Its certainly true what they say bout they get worse when they start school.
    whats your email address and if you want to keep in touch i'll email you instead off keep posting it on the forum.up to you.
    take care.sarah.
  • oh god after reading that,im thinking how the hell can they get worse, def not having anymore lol.e-mail address is karensaddress@hotmail.co.uk,speak soon take care.X
  • Sorry to crash your conversation, but just to say I went out with a guy at college who had a cleft lip; he had had surgery on it whilst still young, and, whilst there was a scar there, it was by no means disfiguring or obvious, and as this was 10 years ago I bet the techniques have vastly improved. Take care x