Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Forgive me ladies for I have sinned

Hi,

I decided to take 4 days off work last week to spend with my husband, as you may know we had a few problems recently and felt it would be beneficial for both of us to have some time off together. Wellllll we had a fab time and both really enjoyed ourselves but on Saturday we decided to watch the football (both avid man u supporters), then won 4-0 so there was a lot of smiles in our house and we thought we would have a celebratory drink so Ian had a beer and I had a small vodka and coke (I haven't had a drink in nearly 4 months so it was quite odd),I felt pretty outrageous having a drink but what I did next was even worse............... I had a ciggarette imageimage I haven't smoked since the day I found out I was pregnant and I'm now 22 weeks, I don't know what came over me and I felt endlessly guilty but strangely enthralled afterwards. I don't plan on doing it again but thought I would share my naughtiness with people who won't judge image

C
xx

Replies

• dont worry sweetie i have had the odd glass of wine and cigg well half a cigg before christmas but the taste made me gag which i was happy with, i dont think there is anything wrong with having the odd drink i dont thinkits right for people to continusely drink/smoke but with the odd birthday and christmas i did have a 175ml glass of wine which was a treat people always have different views on this but its up to you darl you know whats best for you and lo x
  • im not perfect either i was never a big drinker so i havent had a drink but i must admit i treat myself to 2 fags on a saturday night with my oh as this is the only thing i have found really hard to give up
  • Hi Caz I am so happy for you and hubby. We watched footie too not a man u fan but a spurs one so was cheering on united and absolutely loved the game.

I gave up smoking and drinking too when I found out and It had been a struggle with the smoking I go all week with not smoking then at the weekend I may have one or two if I fancy it but thats it. Well I say once a weeks most of the time its longer. Fair play to you for given up, I know for me it was a reall achievement. I smoked with my first as i found it rwally difficuly gave up with second completely and with this one I have found harder again but given up apart from the odd one I am have.

xx
  • well i gave up over a year ago and i saw a fag but on the floor the other day and thought hmmmm could do with one o f those! i mean after 6-7 months of not even craving to hold it why the hell would i think of wanting on especially as they made me want to be ill b4 pregnant... as for alcohol i had small wine spritzer at xmas as well as a small glass of mulled wine. definately no angel here lol. i'm glad this website isn't judgemental or else alot of us would feel like we were the ultimate sinners in pregnancy! my neighbour is an alcoholic and drug user and she had her baby not long ago but i've never seen it not sure if something bad happened or whether it was taken from her. it'd be rude to ask but have thought about it when she called me a hypochondriac! (as most on here know i have sciatica and SPD meaning i can't walk distances and i have now taken to using an electric scooter around tesco image feel very self-conscious but if it gets the food shopping done then why not! but for her to say that i was well miffed off bit my tongue and haven't spoken to her since EVIL TROLL! hope her baby is better where it is as its life with her would have been hell! sorry for the evil last note but it still ticks me off! i struggle around on crutches and then get called that How Rude!!!!!
  • Ooh I'm so glad I'm not the only naughty mummy on here!

I gave up smoking with my last ds and now thankfully I cannot stand the smell or site of cigarettes - I even gag if I smell someone smoking in the street - must have done self-hypnosis I think.

However, I have the biggest craving for alcohol of all things! I don't normally even drink that much - probaby a glass of wine every 3-4 weeks but since Christmas I have succumbed on many occasions.

I drink a bottle of Bacardi Breezer (cos they're not THAT alcoholic!) every few days and feel very guilty about it! I guess as long as we keep feeling guilty about our little vices it'll keep us off hitting the booze/fags in a big way!

Kx
  • This confessional is very theraputic. I've been having 2 glasses of red wine and 2 cigarettes on a Saturday night. I have a very active social life and it is torture to go out with friends and not join in properly.
    I've only been abstaining since Christmas and my cravings are getting less each week. I'm determined to have a really good week and not give in to my vices at all. Suz x
  • Wohooooo it's not only me. I can't even explain how guilty I felt lol I just can't believe I did it as I have had no cravings for ciggis at all lol

C
    xx
  • what you like....... lol...... x
  • my lo is almost 16 weeks now, but when i was pregnant with her, i had a few drinks and a fag on many occasions, it made me feel normal again. theres no way i could have not drunk at all, as i was only 18 at the time, i was use to going out and drinking every wkend so cutting down to every few months with just 2 drinks was really good for me lol we all do it image x
  • my lo is almost 16 weeks now, but when i was pregnant with her, i had a few drinks and a fag on many occasions, it made me feel normal again. theres no way i could have not drunk at all, as i was only 18 at the time, i was use to going out and drinking every wkend so cutting down to every few months with just 2 drinks was really good for me lol we all do it image x
  • I must admit I'm quite naughty lol I had a drink every week until recently, I didn't drink in my 1st trimester though. I have a sip of my mums wine most nights tho hehe! I really crave red wine and want to drink the whole bottle.

I have never smoked (much!) so not really bothered bout the fags but can see why people do. Years ago everyone smoked 40 a day when pregnant, lol, I wouldnt do it though. xxx
  • Dont panic babe!

As you know I only gave up under hypnosis 10 days ago and the guilt I was feeling just before was horrendous as I was smoking A LOT but I know I have now done the right thing but I know it would still be a struggle if I had a drink - seeing you had a vodka and coke just set off a craving lol Personally I think the worst part of your confession was to being a Man Utd fan (OH and Ollie are too) lol

I have even told me bezzie to start arranging our "wet the babies head" night out for beginning of July coz OH is a non-drinker so somebody has to do it lol

Glad you had a good weekend mate
    Love Lee
    xxxxx
  • hehe I guess everyone has had the odd lapse now and again, the important thing is not to do it too often and not to give yourself a hard time about it. Luckily I've never smoked so that's not an issue, but I really miss having a glass of wine with a meal- and have given in to temptation 2 or 3 times since I got pregnant!
  • "Personally I think the worst part of your confession was to being a Man Utd fan"

Hehehe :lol: !! My dad is too and I'm glad I wasn't with him when they lost to man city!
  • OH MY GOD how could you say that Lee lol Man U rule the world and are the greatest image Me and dh obsessed with football, he plays but I can't even kick a ball lol Tevez is my god ha ha! Looks like shrek but for some reason I'm strangely attracted to him . lmao

C
    xx
  • Sorry but the majority of weekends are determined by how Man Utd do! The worst lately being the shameful loss against City!!!!! Pauls mood IS seriously affected and he is training Ollie to be the same. To rub salt in the wound - he also wants to bring Tommy out of hospital in a Man Utd kit! So forgive me for being bitter and twisted where they are concerned lol!!!!!

Lee
    xxxxx
  • Sorry but the majority of weekends are determined by how Man Utd do! The worst lately being the shameful loss against City!!!!! Pauls mood IS seriously affected and he is training Ollie to be the same. To rub salt in the wound - he also wants to bring Tommy out of hospital in a Man Utd kit! So forgive me for being bitter and twisted where they are concerned lol!!!!!

Lee
    xxxxx
  • lol we have already bought the kit for bubby.
    I don't get moody when they loose like Ian does, he really throws paddies which I laugh at which tends to get me in trouble lol.
    Shameful loss against City was made up but thrashing the gunners who I hate hate hate but not as much as I hate Chelsea image
    If Manu loose now I tend to go out.
    C