Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

so angry at mamas and papas UPDATE

Hey ladies
i'm so peed off at mamas and papas. i bought this pram halfway through jan, with the pram liner for ??280 pram was ??240 and liner was ??40
i go on the site today and its ??250 with the liner for free and the changing bag worth ??50 for free aswell
http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product-i00100096/type-i/

im annoyed cos my baby isnt even due for 6 weeks so its not even been used yet. i'd have loved the bag but couldnt afford it. and id have ??30 exrta to go towards the matching footmuff. ffs if only i'd have waited. i feel so upset. m&p are so expensive and it took alot of saving to get that pram. grrrrrr. ive emailed them to vent my frustration. evil::evil:

[Modified by: l&c's mum on 31 March 2008 15:14:35 ]

Replies

• NOOOO. That is so annoying. Hope you get somewhere with the email you sent them - some company's (Gap for instance) will honour a reduction in price if it's within a certain timescale, so fingers crossed you get lucky with M&P!

Good luck

Karenx
    27+3
  • its just my luck that this would happen. ??80 in savings it amounts to . thanks for replying. i wonder if this has happened to anyone else and they got it resolved after complaining to M&P
  • Tell them you're on a baby forum and everyone is waiting with baited breath before they make a decision on whether to buy their stuff from M&P as well!!! That might sway them a little mwahahahaha!
  • lol i'll see what they have to say for themselves. if they even get back to me. if i'd have kep it in its box i'd have got a refund and re bought it at the reduced price pmsl
  • my sister bought her buggy from mamas and papas then it went down in price and also they had modified the buggy.. it was the luna i think.. she took it back got full refund then went back and bought it again the next day at reduced price and got the new model. saved her ??100. if you still have ur reciept take it back.!!
  • i didnt keep the box and its a condition of returns that original packaging is kept
  • i can see why ur annoyed but ive got to say working in retail they probably wont do nething at the end of the day its up to them when they put promotions on. not their fault u bought ur buggy in january.. also like u say u gor rid of the box.. that isnt their fault either.if ud kept the box u cud of taken it back like you said.. i keep boxes 4 everything just in case i need to take it back. sorry but its true. good luck though.. be interesting to see what they say X
  • im annoyed at myself that i didnt wait. M&P are really expensive, its ??50 for the matching footmuff and ??45 for the matching bag but i couldnt afford them wich i was so gutted about. if i had waited i'd have been able to have them no problem.its so not fair lol
  • i know i have the pilko its a lovely buggy. when i bought mine the accessor pack was ??30 instead of ??75 which was foot muff,parasol and changing bag..it is frustrating... bet u will keep ur boxes in future!! the main reason i kept mine for the buggy was to keep it nice 4 the next baby. brooke is in a little stroller now coz found the pilko to heavy. but now its in the box in the loft ready 4 the next one whenever that may be!! X
  • You might be plesantly suprised, we bought a cot and changing unit in the sale from M&P in January. When we put it up we noticed that both were very slightly damaged but as we are a pair of lazy buggers we couldn't be bothered to even ring them and tell them! About a month later M&P rang because they thought we were still waiting for part of the order (we weren't) and I mentioned the scratchs to the girl on the phone. I told her that we weren't really bothered but I was letting them know incase it was the courier company damaging stuff and they sent us a ??20 gift voucher! Al ot of the time big companies will offer you something as it is good for their reputation so it was definately worth you contacting them, fingers crossed!
  • thanks bedhead, i hope they get back to me soon. xxx
  • can I just add wot about if you bought it again on offer then take the boxed one back with the other recipt?
  • Spoken like a true bargain hunter Emma!!!! Good thinking Batman
  • i did that with a bin once. the catch broke on it so i bought a new one and then took back the old one in the box with the reciept lol.
  • UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!
    so, mamas and papas rang me today. very apologetic about the fact i was dissapointed that i'd bought the pram and t had been reduced etc. to make up for it and restore my faith in the company they are sending me a ??30 gift voucher to spend in store.
    im very pleased with this result as it shows they do care about their customers and want us to keep shopping there. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i never complain, it just shows that it does pay after all
  • UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!
    so, mamas and papas rang me today. very apologetic about the fact i was dissapointed that i'd bought the pram and t had been reduced etc. to make up for it and restore my faith in the company they are sending me a ??30 gift voucher to spend in store.
    im very pleased with this result as it shows they do care about their customers and want us to keep shopping there. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i never complain, it just shows that it does pay after all
  • we've ended up in a similar situation, decided to go pram shopping just before christmas & decided to get the m&p aria travel system from argos. Ideally we wanted a graco one but as you can get bases to go in the car but when we looked into it the bases were like ??100 each!! (we wanted 2/3 coz me n oh don't drive ourselves so wanted one for his dads car n 1 for my mum/dads car) anywho... went into babies r us couple of weeks ago & found pretty much the same graco travel system we wanted but couldn't afford coz of the additional cost of bases & they'd put the bases down to only ??30 each!!! HOW ANNOYED WERE WE!!! looked on the garentee for the m&p we got at christmas & not only do you have to have the boxes but it had to be within 3 months.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;20750;42/st/20080421/dt/6/k/fc61/preg.png

• Well done babes!
    Tammi xxx
  • its well annoying when that happens.im still out of pocket but im happy that they did something.babies are soooooooooo expensive. im just really sorry that happened to you xxxxxxx
  • Same with me we bought a M & P 8 in 1 system on display the pram had leather and zips and thats the main reason that we bought that particular style costing just over ??650 in total. I'm not due for another 4 weeks so only just opened the boxes to discover that we have a different design, and that its the new style without leather and zips M & P said that they cant do anything about it !! ARRRGHHH