Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

maternity swimwear..... aquanatal classes

Hello ladies,

im not sure if there has been a post on here recently about this topic. I apologise if there has, but I couldnt find anything in search.

Im 33.5 weeks and am planning on starting swimming and maybe some aqua classses. I know its quite late on but I thought some gentle excerise might do me some good. I also plan on going swi,,ing regularly after the lo is born.

I was just wondering where everybody has purchased the swimwear from? Also, has anybody been to awuanatal classes? What did you do and how many weekrs are/were you>? xxx

[Modified by: Bumpety Bump on 17 April 2008 21:18:18 ]

Replies

• Options
    hi i have seen swim wear in mainly catalogues like littlewoods n additions, havent realy seen any in shops im afraid.i havent been 2 classes wanted 2 but its in my working hours, hoping 2 start when i giv up work im 26 weeks pregnant. hope i helped a little
  • Options
    blooming marvellous and next do some Monthercare prob do to but tbh I don't like there maternity wear. I'm only 24 weeks and still in most of my clothes. so i got one at primark. As i decided it would stretch!!!!
  • Options
    My aqua-natal classes start from 26 weeks, I booked my slot when I booked in with my midwife at 8 weeks as they get full really quickly and are very popular!!! Hoping to start some normal swimming soon with hubby, though I need a swimming cossie, I haven't got a maternity one yet

Tinkerlina do you know that they are counted as part of your antenatal care and you should be given the time off for them?
  • Options
    thanks for the replies, I've seen some online but was just wondering if anybody has brought theres and where from. Cant decide whether to go for tamkini or swimsuit. xxx
  • Options
    peacocks do a black costume and its only ??10

xx
  • Options
    I take Millie swimming once a week and I bought this one
    http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product-s0003216/type-s/
    I'm 30 weeks now and there is still plenty of overlap between the two bits lol!
  • Options
    Yeah, I saw the maternity costume in peacocks, a plain black one for ??10.

I have just been wearing a tankini from primark in a size too big! There is a bit of a gap where my bump is but when you're in the water, no one can see anyway. xxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/Akv50/.png

• Options
    I got my costume from ebay, bargain at less than ??7 including postage!

I have made enquires about aqua-natal and my local pool does them, I don't have to book and they don't ask how far along you are, just turn up, plus they have a crech for William (if my friend doesn't take him for an hour as the girls are at pre-school when it's on)
  • Options
    I got a nice one online from Vertbaudet.
  • Options
    I bought a tankini from TopShop. H&M do them too. Blooming marvellous were quite expensive when I looked (I knew I wouldn't use it that much).