Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Any primary teachers help me with mat pay?

Hi girls. Just wondering if anyone can help me work out what maternity pay I am entitled to? I'm currently in my 4th year and work for the LEA. I will start my maternity leave when we finish for Easter on 7th April but will only be putting 19th April as my first day on mat form. I will be off for 2 terms and go back on the 6th Jan 2010. In total it will be approx 38 weeks,
I know I get the first 4 weeks full pay then some weeks 90%, the 50% etc but then what am I entitled to SMP?

Any help will be much appreciated!
Michelle x

Replies

• Options
    hia well curently it is first 6 weeks 90% of your normal pay,then the following 33 weeks it is statuory pay at ??112.45.I think from next april,the whole yaer will be paid,as opposed to curent 9 months.Good luck with your pregnancy!
  • Options
    Just found this. Is this right??

Ordinary maternity leave of up to 26 weeks which will be paid leave as follows:

??????? first 4 weeks of absence: full pay inclusive of Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP);
    ??????? next 2 weeks: 90 per cent of a week's salary inclusive of SMP;
    ??????? next 12 weeks: half pay plus ??117.18 SMP (not exceeding full pay);
    ??????? next 8 weeks: ??117.18 SMP.
  • Options
    four weeks' full pay;
    two weeks' 90% pay;
    12 weeks' half pay plus SMP;
    21 weeks' SMP;
    13 weeks' unpaid leave.
  • Options
    lol, just about to reply with the same info as shopoholic.

BUT- do check with your LEA because some actually do a slightly better deal (they are not allowed to give you any less than that). My LEA gave me 20 weeks of 45% pay instead of the 12 weeks of half pay.
  • Options
    I got:
    4 weeks full pay
    2 weeks 90% pay
    12 weeks half pay plus SMP
    then SMP.

On my form I had the choice of getting the pay paid like Poz, but I chose to leave it as the above.
    xxx
  • Options
    It is worth checking with your authority.
    I work for manchester LA and get one deal, while someone I know works across the border in Tameside and they get a MUCH better deal!!
    When I sent my MATB1 form in the LA sent me the info on brakdown of money.