Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Worried about Essential Oils.... Help

I am really worried as I have always used Palmolive Aromatherapy Shower Gel. It says on the front of the bottle Pure Essential Oils of Lavender, Ylang Ylang, & Patchouli. I can't believe how stupid I have been as I just didn't even think!! It was only yesterday when I was speaking with my sister that she said she did not use anything with essential oils in even shower gel. I have been frantically looking on-line but I can't find anything about using this shower gel whilst pregnant. I found a list of essential oils that are fine and even though Ylang Ylang & Patchouli are on there is says not in the 1st trimester!!!! Also Lavender is a no no and my shower gel has this. I am really worrying now........
I have got some Sanex now so I will use that from now on but I am just so worried.

What do you think?

Stardust23
xx

Replies

• Options
    Hello MrsAmanda,

Thank you for your message.

I saw my midwife today and she confirmed that it is fine and I can continue to use the shower gel. I felt awful earlier but feel a lot happier now!!

Thank you once again.

Stardust23
    xx