Forum home General Chat General chat

A reminder to us all....

Did anyone see the news last night about the house fire in New York in which 8 babies/children died? They were literally throwing the babies to safety out the windows and this tiny little baby was rushed off on a stretcher in a blue sleepsuit covered in soot, it was totally heartbreaking. :cry: I know it's not my place to preach and this is nothing to do with pregnancy but I was nearly in tears watching it (maybe it's just those damn hormones again! :roll: ) . They had smoke alarms but the batteries were flat and when your pregnancy is foremost in your mind it's easy to forget things like his so please check yours today.

Replies

• oh that is so sad i feel i need to cry i hate hearing sad things about children
  • Just to let you all know, my dad is a firefighter and most fire services throughout the country are part of a scheme where they will come to your home and carry out a free safety check! They will also fit free smoke alarms if you dont have any and will always fit alams in kids rooms and nurseries! All you have to do is give them a call and they will arrange to come to your home!!! Might as well, its free and babys safety comes first!!!! (only downside is that if they are all anything like my dad, they will prob drink all ur tea and eat all ur biscuits!!!) x x x