Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

had blood this morning

hi girlies,

woke up this morningand i wiped and there was a tiny bit of blood, about the size of a cotton bud head, it was quite dark in colour not bright red!
Im only 6 weeks pregnant, i called the doc straight away fat lot of good they were, he said he cant do a scan as it wont pick up the babies heartbeat.

Im so worried, my period would be due around this time so is this normal?

Replies

• hi hun
    lots of people get spotting around about this time, as you can get a bit blood when normal af was due... as long as it doesnt get heavy, and you get pains, it should be fine. but if it gets worse and turns to red blood i would ring docs again
    im sure its ok hun, and normal, i know its worrying though
    take care caz xx
  • Thank you so much for replying i was getting so worried, ive been reading loads of things on the net and i just needed some real advice from real pregnant women.
    Im trying to calm down but its really hard.

Thanks again
  • I did have sex yesterday do you think that may have caused anything?
  • Hi Gem,
    It could have so just rest up today. I also had some spotting at about 5/6 weeks (about the same time as my period was due like you). I was so upset and assumed the worst but to my surprise, at the early scan I had they said that the sac looked ok and had been growing and 2 weeks later i heard a heartbeart. It may well be an implantation bleed like mine was if its really light, it can happen later on if you have a long cycle. Just take it easy over the weekend and maybe see about having an early scan on monday if you are still worried. Don't panic x
  • Thank you for the advice i will keep you updated, ive been to the loo about 4 times since and nothing so surely thats good news?
    my fiance is so worried bless him. I will take it easy and try not to panic but thank you for the advice i needed it to settle me to be honest this is better than the doctors haha
  • Thank you for the advice i will keep you updated, ive been to the loo about 4 times since and nothing so surely thats good news?
    my fiance is so worried bless him. I will take it easy and try not to panic but thank you for the advice i needed it to settle me to be honest this is better than the doctors haha
  • Hi Gem
    I had a bleed at the time my period was due and it was nothing - i did another pregnancy test a week later to check (being paranoid I think is part of being pregnant!) and I was fine. But as the previous message has said - take it easy and if you're still worried on monday then get it checked out.
    Take care x
  • I had bleeding from 5-11 weeks...very worrying! If it's only a tiny bit then I doubt there's much to worry about, and it could be from having sex. Sometimes I'd find a tiny bit of blood and then realised it was from a tear (yes...overenthusiasm!), not from inside me. U did right thing in calling the doctor's even though there's not much they can do yet. I hope everything goes well for u. xxxxxx
    http://bd.lilypie.com/Y0JOp1/.png

• I had a bit of spotting early on in both my pregnancies including this pregnancy I think it was brought on by sex. I got it on and off till about 11 weeks I am now nearly 25 weeks now.

good luck
  • Hi ya,

Just wanted to reassure you mate. At dead on six weeks i had bleeding..exactly the same wiped myself and blood on the tissue. Now its easy to say dont panick..i was hysterical !! But really...dont worry too much. I went to A&E and they sent me to the early pregnancy unit and i had an internal scan at this time and they could see a heartbeat and the shape...so the doctor isn't quite right about...they cant see a heartbeat at this stage...as they can.

Anyway it turns out i have a couple of cysts on my overy...this is normal to have a cyst....and they think that one of mine either leaked or burst..hence the blood...they also said this is the time that the placenta embeds in the lining and this also causes spot bleeding !!! So there are a few reasons why you could be bleeding slightly

If it gets worse and more often go straight to hospital mate....but if not try to relax a bit..put your feet up...im now just over 7 weeks so good luck and im sure it will be ok

;\)

Lisa
    xxxx
  • Hi Gempot,
    How are you today? x
  • Hi Gempot.

This is perfectly normal to have spotting when your period would have been dew some say its just your lining just getting into place - I'm sure you'll be just fine xx
  • hi jam tart

i am fine today, there has been no more blood and im chilled out, thanks for asking though.

Feeling quite sick today though
  • Wicked, apart from the sickness obviously!

Take care x
  • it sounds like the same bleeding that a lot of ppl get around that time. its called implantation bleeding when the baby is implanted tightly in the womb wall. loads of ppl get it. unless there is a lot of it, or is painful, i dont think u should be worried. but u could check with ur midwife to make sure? xxx
  • it sounds like the same bleeding that a lot of ppl get around that time. its called implantation bleeding when the baby is implanted tightly in the womb wall. loads of ppl get it. unless there is a lot of it, or is painful, i dont think u should be worried. but u could check with ur midwife to make sure? xxx